User Info
No avatar Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
October 15, 2019, 03:01:52 PM

Anime Stash Community Forum  |  The Lounge  |  Technology & The Internet  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Persona 3
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Persona 3  (Read 1944 times)
Gambi
What are you looking at ? O.o
神様 (Kami)

AHHHHHHH! IT'S THE HUMAN ATOMIC BOMB!!

Persona 3
« on: December 06, 2008, 06:18:43 PM »

First of all Im not really a fan of that game and i dont want to make a discussion for this game or whatever ... i just got a question

I know that at least dark|sins has finished the game so i want to ask how long this game actually is ... im not talking about hours playtime but something like how many back teleporting devices that tower (school) actually has or how many months the game has

since people allways say that the story is "oh so great" id really like to finish the storyline but its just so (excuse me) god damn boring an generic ... i mean seriously you allways do pretty much the same ... and what really ticks me off are the names of skills/spells in this game ... i mean honestly u just cant tell by the name of them what they actually do ... u allways have to look 'em up as long as u cant perfectly remember 'em .. which i cant

so if i at least knew how "far the goal is acutally away" id be more motivated to play it some more (btw the "add on" was released this week >.> )

"Hey ... would you say I became a hero?"

I'm usually misunderstood! - That's how I sit at home in front of my screen!                
darklsins
Nows the Time of Weakness...
浪人 (Ronin)
先輩 (Senpai)

Re: Persona 3
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2008, 11:16:13 PM »

First of all Im not really a fan of that game and i dont want to make a discussion for this game or whatever ... i just got a question

I know that at least dark|sins has finished the game so i want to ask how long this game actually is ... im not talking about hours playtime but something like how many back teleporting devices that tower (school) actually has or how many months the game has

since people allways say that the story is "oh so great" id really like to finish the storyline but its just so (excuse me) god damn boring an generic ... i mean seriously you allways do pretty much the same ... and what really ticks me off are the names of skills/spells in this game ... i mean honestly u just cant tell by the name of them what they actually do ... u allways have to look 'em up as long as u cant perfectly remember 'em .. which i cant

so if i at least knew how "far the goal is acutally away" id be more motivated to play it some more (btw the "add on" was released this week >.> )

The Game Ends on January 31st...Total average play time is about 70 hours...

and even tho i played this game I honestly thought it was overrated...

Imo Persona 1 and 2 were much better... Persona3 went a completely different path away from Rpgs, and Swayed towards Dating Sims/Visual novels which was abit annoying...

as for the story meh once again overrated...

as for the skills i guess for someone whos new to the SMT series it could get abit frustrating lol
but yea i was abit frustrated when i first got into the SMT series but then eventually it didnt bother me..

Got a ps3? add me PSN ID: Darklsins

...Click my Sig For One Piece...
Fight My Brute 
My YouTube Page
Play Battle of Wesnoth
Gambi
神様 (Kami)

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2009, 10:51:31 AM »

awesome parody or rather comedy act about persona 3

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/44555.html

Kaiousei
What what?
来賓 (Raihin)

AniStash Manga Character Designer

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2009, 02:40:57 PM »

I actually liked Persona 3 a lot. I love the Megaten style which is sort of dark, and I thought the dating sim-ish aspect was interesting and different, because we certainly see almost none of those here in America. (Probably why I loved Phoenix Wright so much as well.) I really love story and character in a game, which is why I adored Persona. There were silly aspects I could have passed, but I really adored it.

When I was beating the final boss, though, my main character was charmed and healed her completely. So I haven't actually beaten it, because I got mad.

Gambi
神様 (Kami)

« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2009, 02:49:25 PM »

you call phoenix wright a dating sim ? O.o

Antisocialnerd
先輩 (Senpai)

Lets go Ruri Ruri mode

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2009, 02:50:37 PM »

i was looking around for a good supokemon game.

Kaiousei
What what?
来賓 (Raihin)

AniStash Manga Character Designer

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2009, 03:42:05 PM »

you call phoenix wright a dating sim ? O.o

Err, that's not what I meant, but I can see how you could understand it that way. I just mean that Phoenix Wright is heavily text and dialogue based, which I thought was really well done. It means your writing has to be really good and the story has to be interesting, while the gameplay is important but maybe less so.

Clearly Persona isn't this heavily text-based, but it's a rare breed in North America (and Canada subsequently). A Dating Sim element, which are text and dialogue-based, however, brings it a little closer in a sense to the dialogue-heavy Phoenix Wright. They both have that element which is unique to the North American market.
entity
侍 (Samurai)
神様 (Kami)

Wanna dance?

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2009, 01:47:41 PM »

yeah around 70 hours playtime depending on how long u train in tartarus and how much time u spend playing around with fusing personas. add probably another 20-30 hours if you got FES.

They addressed alot of the probs of persona 3 in persona 4, which is a pretty good game so far. I've only finished 2 bosses though, and not much of the story has been revealed so no comment if there is an improvement there. The story of persona 3 was ok, but yeah probably overrated. Still ive got no problem with the social links thing, so i guess thats why i like the game alot...

If you want to do something, do it now. If you wait until tomorrow to start doing it, maybe you don't actually want to do it!

My blog:  Artificial
Reality

New!! Animestash Chat Sessions on Saturday, 4:00 PM GMT : Come Join Us!

Gambi
神様 (Kami)

« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2009, 02:17:25 PM »

persona 3 was good FES on the other hand was awefull ... but persona 4 is simply a masterpiece ... one of my alltime favs !

Pages: [1]  
Anime Stash Community Forum  |  The Lounge  |  Technology & The Internet  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Persona 3
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length