User Info
No avatar Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
October 20, 2019, 02:42:23 PM

Anime Stash Community Forum  |  The Lounge  |  Technology & The Internet  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Online Game Discussion
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Online Game Discussion  (Read 3613 times)
Dux2
Kaizoku!!!
後輩 (Kohai)

Kaze no Koe

Online Game Discussion
« on: October 16, 2008, 04:53:11 AM »

hmmm...
this few days kinda bored...
anyone can recommended me some nice online games??
either private sever or main sever will do...

*Finding for Leveling with Skill jobs and so on*

I wonder if there is a game which is show in Lucky Star Ova when Izumi Konata and her friends are playing...  grin

Darkness shall rise and Heroes are born to defend the world against the Prime Evils.
LeonLanford
ni~doresu
浪人 (Ronin)
神様 (Kami)

ni~doresu

Re: Online Game Discussion
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2008, 07:01:22 AM »

all mmorpg are the same.. kill monster, level up, get new skill, searching for item.. just the interface is different.. i was playing mmorpg in the past for about 1-2 years and already bored Tongue

i was playing pangya last few months but already bored because there's none of my friends played again..

yeah online game is all about friends, without friends you'll be really bored.. Tongue

Dux2
Kaizoku!!!
後輩 (Kohai)

Kaze no Koe

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2008, 07:37:28 AM »

yea... but now i'm finding new online game to play -_- quite bored..

Darkness shall rise and Heroes are born to defend the world against the Prime Evils.
LeonLanford
ni~doresu
浪人 (Ronin)
神様 (Kami)

ni~doresu

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2008, 07:42:25 AM »

play swr then.. it can go online too Tongue

Dux2
Kaizoku!!!
後輩 (Kohai)

Kaze no Koe

« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2008, 08:00:57 AM »

lol ok but haiz..
i want something that can lvl though and do quest , hunt item etc.etc.

konakona
Loves~? Romance~? Cuteness~? Flowery~?
先生 (Sensei)

Working in a place with a lot of money! ^_'

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2008, 03:02:02 PM »

How about Angel Online?

http://ao.igg.com/index.php

Gambi
What are you looking at ? O.o
神様 (Kami)

AHHHHHHH! IT'S THE HUMAN ATOMIC BOMB!!

« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2008, 10:01:27 PM »

i dont think u now all too much about mmorpgs leon ... u prolly only ever played those free grind-fest ones ... that dont really have any real content

if u want to have actual (good) quests in an mmorpg then u'll have to play a "pay to play" (ptp) one ... and the best choice atm is prolly WoW or maybe the new Warhammer online (though i dont know all to much about that one)

"Hey ... would you say I became a hero?"

I'm usually misunderstood! - That's how I sit at home in front of my screen!                
Ikalx
Oyaji
僧兵 (Sohei)
神様 (Kami)

Spirit Bandanna

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2008, 02:05:58 AM »

I'm not sure about this because I tend to avoid mmorporgs like the plague (because I know i'll spend too much time on them), but I recently started one with a friend - Anarchy Online http://www.anarchy-online.com/wsp/anarchy/frontend.cgi?func=frontend.show&template=main

I'm not sure how different it is, but it's very immersive and it's also quite complicated for me too. If you are going to play it, I would recommend doing some background research on the classes and how to play.

But, y'know, Leon is probably right...most things follow the 'kill/quest, level, skill, item' vein, whether they disguise it well or not. If you really want to play something that isn't, you'd probably have to choose a MUD or something, but even then it's about that, even D&D is about that. Most things are unless you're interested in the story. If you focus on the story rather than the levels, and group with people focused on playing more and following what's going on, it will be more immersive.

But then...meh...

Antisocialnerd
先輩 (Senpai)

Lets go Ruri Ruri mode

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2008, 04:29:13 AM »

I've played a few online mmorpgs manily wow but i'd reccomend perfect world it's free looks better than wow and has weekly events and an awesome teritory wars feature where guilds literally form armies and fight over teritory.

i play a winged elf priest.

LeonLanford
ni~doresu
浪人 (Ronin)
神様 (Kami)

ni~doresu

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2008, 01:05:26 PM »

if u want to have actual (good) quests in an mmorpg then u'll have to play a "pay to play" (ptp) one ... and the best choice atm is prolly WoW or maybe the new Warhammer online (though i dont know all to much about that one)
i play for free.. i don't want to pay Tongue

some good mmorpg is action rpg based like maple story, it's not too boring for me because i can move and attack freely but then again no friends.. playing mmorpg needs friends, i have a cousin that still eagerly playing even thought his friends and me already stopped, i predicted he will be bored in 2 months then before 2 months he already stopped playing..
i know each mmorpg has story but to gain the story is really difficult, you must go certain quest to get difficult item which is really hard if you play only with few friends, that's why there's guild association to help you but then again guild nowadays only focused hunting and so on, i was in good guild in ragnarok online but the leader not playing again and it's no fun anymore..

ok again.. mmorpg is about friends ha2 grin

konakona
Loves~? Romance~? Cuteness~? Flowery~?
先生 (Sensei)

Working in a place with a lot of money! ^_'

« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2008, 04:38:09 PM »

i play for free.. i don't want to pay Tongue

Same here...
Internet bill already strangled enough here...

WoW, Warhammer, Anarchy.... too...

what? manly?

Dux2
Kaizoku!!!
後輩 (Kohai)

Kaze no Koe

« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2008, 11:28:39 AM »

lol i'm just about the same as leon if there is a PTP sever i will wait for the private sever to be created and then play...

@antisocialnerd
i think i will play perfect world..
i read about it in the magazine b4 not really sure it's good and i'll give it a try
btw are you still playing??

GrimSeeker
Patron Saint of Sinners
新米 (Shinmai)

« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2008, 02:24:42 AM »

Try:

Maple Story
http://maplestory.nexon.net/WZ.ASPX?PART=/Main

Grand Chase
http://grandchase.ntreev.net/

Both are pretty good games

And I'll watch as the cold winter melts into spring...
And I'll be remembering you...
Yeah I'll smell the flowers and hear the birds sing...
And I'll be remembering you...
~Steven Curtis Chapman: Remembering You
Enderwiggin
Officially Addicted to Magic
浪人 (Ronin)
神様 (Kami)

« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2008, 03:57:34 PM »

Perfect world is technically better than WoW  -  BUT, after level 30, if you have a lag spike or ANYTHING, and get Player Killed, then there goes some of your items!

Yes, Players can steal items from other players by killing them, and that resulted in me quitting, since they didnt give much forewarning on that matter.

Warhammer is also quite likely better than WoW, I played a bit of its beta, and it was truly nice. The downside is that you need to basically have a top-of-the-line computer just to play it...

But dont listen to me, I am a crazy person who returned to WoW for the WotLK events...
* Enderwiggin Drools over the death knight

... Evil soul devouring game!!!! Cry

Bored? Got Flash Player? Click my sig!
Gambi
What are you looking at ? O.o
神様 (Kami)

AHHHHHHH! IT'S THE HUMAN ATOMIC BOMB!!

« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2008, 06:18:25 PM »

its almost wrong to say that any MMORPG is "better" then WoW ... except for grafics WoW exceeds in pretty much every aspect other MMORPGS just because of the pure fact that its out for a long time and with that had all the time it needed to "ripe" ...
WoW has just one big flaw ... and thats the same as its biggest plus point .... its old ... extremly old (for a game) to be precise and with that one hell of boring ...
« Last Edit: October 27, 2008, 06:47:19 PM by Gambi » Logged

"Hey ... would you say I became a hero?"

I'm usually misunderstood! - That's how I sit at home in front of my screen!                

Pages: [1]  
Anime Stash Community Forum  |  The Lounge  |  Technology & The Internet  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Online Game Discussion
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length