User Info
No avatar Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
November 15, 2019, 03:32:28 PM

Anime Stash Community Forum  |  The Lounge  |  Technology & The Internet  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns Of The Patriots...
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns Of The Patriots...  (Read 5010 times)
Zarakiken
更木 剣八
後輩 (Kohai)

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns Of The Patriots...
« on: July 18, 2008, 07:50:53 PM »

Anyone played this game...? This game is one of the best game ever... I just downloaded the cut scenes from people that played the game... It is the best ever... Tell your experience if you played this game...

Killy
将軍 (Shogun)
神様 (Kami)

The owls are not what they seem.

Re: Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns Of The Patriots...
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2008, 09:55:47 AM »

I want to play it, but i haven't got it yet, it's gonna be the first game i get when i get a PS3.
It's supposed to be the last game that there gonna do of Metal Gear with Snake as the main character. So, were the cut scenes good?

Zarakiken
更木 剣八
後輩 (Kohai)

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2008, 09:27:05 PM »

Its good man... I have been watching it for 3 times... It took me 5 hours to finish all the cut scenes... Each Act has almost 1 hour of briefing and stories... I wanna get a PS3 myself but I wan a PDA phone as well... So need to wait for another year to collect money... I have been playing Metal Gear Solid games since the 3rd in PS... The other 2 originals is in MSX2 platforms... Cant get it... So i hope i can get my PS3 as soon as possible...

Gambi
What are you looking at ? O.o
神様 (Kami)

AHHHHHHH! IT'S THE HUMAN ATOMIC BOMB!!

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2008, 10:12:02 PM »

if you want to play the first MGX then get "MGS 3 subsistence" ... they put it in it as an extra ...

And sorry to break it down to you guys but MGS 4 is NOT the best game ever ... it is good allright ... and EVERYONE who ever played and enjoyed MGS 1-3 honestly HAS TO buy it ... BUT a game that is 75 % cut scene and 25 % game cant be concidered best ever ... besides i honestly didnt like the .. well how should i call it ... "warzone" theme of the first two chapters ... it just didnt feel like MGS at all .. neither did the other  chapters ... let alone the fact that it was split into chapters at alle what somehow makes me wonder if you could call it a "real" MGS in the first place ... the same goes with the weapon buying system ...

i am a big MGS fan and i really liked this game ... or rather movie ... but it has its flaws and i dont think i would ever recommend it to someone who doesnt know anything about the story/the other games
ill never forget the "final fight" and the glorious moment of being able to  ... those two moments are in my eyes two of the greatest moments i witnessed in games but totaly uninteresting for someone who didnt play all the games

"Hey ... would you say I became a hero?"

I'm usually misunderstood! - That's how I sit at home in front of my screen!                
darklsins
Nows the Time of Weakness...
浪人 (Ronin)
先輩 (Senpai)

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2008, 03:59:14 AM »

"And sorry to break it down to you guys but MGS 4 is NOT the best game ever"
im sorry to bring you down to reality where people have diffrent opinions...

anyways i have bought MGS4 but have not had the chance to play it yet cause i have been busy with other stuff in my life =/ cant wait to play it tho...

Got a ps3? add me PSN ID: Darklsins

...Click my Sig For One Piece...
Fight My Brute 
My YouTube Page
Play Battle of Wesnoth
Zarakiken
更木 剣八
後輩 (Kohai)

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2008, 04:27:55 AM »

Hmmm... For me, when i play a game i rather watch the cut scenes than playing... As you know When u play all the 3 titles you will wondering wut happen the first place... Why this started... I was curious that time,.. So i think MSG4 is good for me as they explain everything... I think everyone has their own opinion... Ya MSG3 and MSG are good not to mention the first MSG1... Been playing multiple times in ps and in pc... Miss them... But by the way it completes the games' story-line... That is wut is the most important for me... Hehehe... But too bad i cant play MSG4... huh... T.T no PS3...

Gambi
神様 (Kami)

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2008, 08:41:08 AM »

im sorry to bring you down to reality where people have diffrent opinions...
both didnt play it ... so its not about them having an opinion but them having only heard about it ... zarakiken might have watched the cutscenes but that doesnt really say anything about the game itself it only does about the story
so i can say stuff like that

darklsins
浪人 (Ronin)
先輩 (Senpai)

« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2008, 11:37:01 AM »

both didnt play it ... so its not about them having an opinion but them having only heard about it ... zarakiken might have watched the cutscenes but that doesnt really say anything about the game itself it only does about the story
so i can say stuff like that
im not saying you cant say what you want...
but you state it like its fact...

Fight My Brute 
My YouTube Page
Play Battle of Wesnoth
Gambi
神様 (Kami)

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2008, 11:56:58 AM »

well it pretty much is actually and it doesnt really has anything to do with an "opinion" it is plain fact that a game that mostly relys on its story, which also is only good under the condition that the player played the prequells, cant be concidered "best game ever"
it might be the best game you ever played ... it might also be the best game you will ever play ... but it will never be the "best game ever" ... and this is not my opinion that is fact

darklsins
浪人 (Ronin)
先輩 (Senpai)

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2008, 12:40:24 PM »

i agree but there will never be a best game ever no one game is the best game ever... to be the best you must be reconigized as the best by everyone...

some ppl think mario is the best some think FF 7 is the best some think halo is the best

it all doesnt matter cause there is no number one game its all opinions...

Fight My Brute 
My YouTube Page
Play Battle of Wesnoth
Gambi
神様 (Kami)

« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2008, 01:22:43 PM »

So be it then O.o  ... but id say MGS 4 wouldnt even make it in the top 10 objectivly seen  (which means in MY personal list it would easily make it to the top 3 ^^) : P

darklsins
浪人 (Ronin)
先輩 (Senpai)

« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2008, 04:31:04 PM »

i highly doubt that when all these gamming sites and mags do the top games of the year awards MGS4 would atleast be in the top 10...

me personally if i was to rate each MGS game it would be

MGS1
MGS3
MGS4
MGS2

Fight My Brute 
My YouTube Page
Play Battle of Wesnoth
Gambi
神様 (Kami)

« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2008, 04:56:13 PM »

who said of the year ? Tongue ...

mine would me

MGS1 - Twin Snakes (GC remake)
MGS2 <- both the same place -> MGS4
MGS3

... i just didnt like that jungle stuff ... and never understood y everyone hated MGS 2 ... except for raiden (who i neither liked nor hated)

Zarakiken
更木 剣八
後輩 (Kohai)

« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2008, 05:25:37 PM »

The story always make the game interesting... Would you play a game without a good story...? The suspends always make you get going... This is drives me to play MGS title...  I know why most people don like MGS 2 because i think that they got to play as snake not all the time in MGS 2... This is wut i think... kekeke... By the way i also hope that MGS can be made in to a Movie or something... I like the story very very much... Too bad Meryl married someone else... huh...

Gambi
神様 (Kami)

« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2008, 06:39:40 PM »

of course i would ... ever heard about super mario or *putInAnyRandomFightingGameName" ?
The thing about MGS 4 (well the whole series but it was extreme in MGS 4) is you do watch more cutscenes then you actually play the game ... and generaly speaking that is a bad thing concidering you usually PLAY a game because you want to PLAY and not watch ...
i personally dont mind though ... i love exagerated storytelling ... the "Ace Attorney" series is one of my favs ... those games are about 95% reading the story ^^

Pages: [1] 2  
Anime Stash Community Forum  |  The Lounge  |  Technology & The Internet  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns Of The Patriots...
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length