User Info
No avatar Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
November 18, 2019, 03:35:23 AM

Anime Stash Community Forum  |  The Lounge  |  Technology & The Internet  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Sixty-seven percent of owners not using Wii *shocked* not really =/
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Sixty-seven percent of owners not using Wii *shocked* not really =/  (Read 2221 times)
darklsins
Nows the Time of Weakness...
浪人 (Ronin)
先輩 (Senpai)

Sixty-seven percent of owners not using Wii *shocked* not really =/
« on: February 29, 2008, 05:03:26 PM »

Sixty-seven percent of owners not using Wii - not a problem, really

Hereís some interesting news: sixty-seven percent of Wii owners arenít playing with their Wii right now, according to a report published by Japanese Famitsu publisher, Enterbrain. We donít blame them.

Far from defending Nintendo to the hilt, we perfectly understand why that would be so. For starters, summerís been a pretty awful time for Wii games. Poorly implemented PS2 and PSP ports, and a long gap between big-name Nintendo releases hasnít helped matters. While the DS seems to get something that plays to its strengths nearly every month, its bigger brother has yet to prove itself. Wii Sports is a brilliant proof of concept game that shows just what the Wii is made for, but nobody has been able to immeasurably improve on the game with a follow-up that would appeal to the mass market.

The fear is that people are beginning to think of the Wii as a fad. All those people who never bought games before are moving on to the next thing. Playing tennis and bowling may get your gran grinning, but sheís honestly not going to progress to Super Mario Galaxy because of a few energetic games. With nothing yet out that becomes a focal point for the casual market - a Brain Training, a NintendogsÖ anything - a lot of these Ďnon gamersí are naturally beginning to lose interest.

Then again, maybe itís not such a bad thing. Letís put it another way. My family own a copy of Trivial Pursuit, bought many years ago, and only ever play at Christmas. The rest of the time itís stuck in the cupboard doing nothing. For that one merry, drunken time we enjoy ourself in its company, yet we never think of it as a waste of money even if itís only brought out once a year.

Now that analogy may be slightly off, seeing as how the makers of Trivial Pursuit donít rely on you buying a new pack of questions every month. Yet it still stands that thereís a time and a place for everything. For one thing, the Wii is going to be taking the place of the board game in a lot of households this Christmas. A lot of eyes will be pointing to it that never would before, and probably never will till the next one.

Secondly, while the serious gamer may think and play games daily, the dabbler will come and go as they please. Maybe theyíll move on to a Sudoku obsession or get addicted to Heroes, and when they do theyíll put the Wii on the back burner until something else comes along that they like. And when that something does, out it comes once again, because the best thing Nintendo could have done is to get it into homes in the first place. Once itís in there, itís small and discreet enough to lay dormant for a few months or more before - bam - the next big thing strikes.

Buying a Wii is never really going to convince the masses to go serious and put some quality time into Metroid Prime 3 or Resident Evil 4; thatís wishful thinking on gamersí parts. That market is just after one or two things tailored to their mainstream needs. Wii Fit looks to solve that gap and let those 67% power up their Wii again, and after that, who knows? Meanwhile, (and this is the slightly more hopeful part of the opinion) those looking for something more traditionally Nintendo should be well-catered once Nintendo finally get going with their next releases and the third parties get to grips with the Wiiís features. So we wonít worry too much that itís asleep just now. At least itís there.

Source - http://www.wiiwii.tv/2007/10/19/three-quarters-of-owners-not-using-wii-not-a-problem-really/

well this comes to no surprise to me... nintendo wanted to target the non gamers... and well it shows...
non gamers are buying the wii the most... and most gamers buy a wii as a 2nd consle.. like me... i only bought my wii for super smash =/ its really a waste of money for me ive never touched the thing yet =/

Got a ps3? add me PSN ID: Darklsins

...Click my Sig For One Piece...
Fight My Brute 
My YouTube Page
Play Battle of Wesnoth
Killy
将軍 (Shogun)
神様 (Kami)

The owls are not what they seem.

Re: Sixty-seven percent of owners not using Wii *shocked* not really =/
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2008, 10:03:44 AM »

i'd only buy one if i had already got a PS3 and a new comp, so i understand why most people aren't playing it grin

LeonLanford
ni~doresu
浪人 (Ronin)
神様 (Kami)

ni~doresu

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2008, 01:34:23 PM »

agree.. some of people i know only play one or two games in wii.. after that they dropped it grin

SlayerX
Mood: Peaceful
後輩 (Kohai)

If it aren't broke, why fix it?

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2008, 02:10:41 PM »

Isn't wii is in demand now or something? Anyway it's mostly due to lost interest; maybe you can't play a variety of games in wii, or maybe the games in wii sucks... it depends on person to person. I never bothered to own one, as I got too many things to do by using the comp... and who cares really; if the product is profitable.. it doesn't matter how many people are actually using them often..
« Last Edit: March 01, 2008, 02:12:21 PM by SlayerX » Logged

Taking A Long Break.
darklsins
浪人 (Ronin)
先輩 (Senpai)

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2008, 04:12:34 PM »

Isn't wii is in demand now or something? Anyway it's mostly due to lost interest; maybe you can't play a variety of games in wii, or maybe the games in wii sucks... it depends on person to person. I never bothered to own one, as I got too many things to do by using the comp... and who cares really; if the product is profitable.. it doesn't matter how many people are actually using them often..
he wii has a very large ammount of games but alot of them are ports from ds/ps2 and or really really really crappy party games... the wii does have a select few games that are great... like zelda,no more heros,smash bros,etc etc...

but the fact is that motion sensing is a gimmick...
yea i know sony has the motion sensing 6axis controller but
I still say normal controller ftw motioning sensing is just not for me...

and most ppl agree that the whole motion sensing gimmick on the wii
wears off very quickly... i mean come on the best game comming out on the
wii *smash bros* will be mostly played with a standard gamecube controller... why??? because motion sesning suxs....

Fight My Brute 
My YouTube Page
Play Battle of Wesnoth
Yamo
Jack might be nimble but I'm a sex symbol So slick I stole the wick from his candlestick
浪人 (Ronin)
先輩 (Senpai)

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2008, 04:23:25 PM »

well the wii is cool..,but the games that used for it just old like RE4 that was for ps2 years ago,so even ps2 surpass it,and now wtf 360 is the only console that have little RPG games,Tales of Vesperia has been announced for it and I'm like wat da 360?,most of them was on sony  console why 360T_T
« Last Edit: March 01, 2008, 04:25:38 PM by Yamo » Logged
darklsins
浪人 (Ronin)
先輩 (Senpai)

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2008, 04:54:45 PM »

well the wii is cool..,but the games that used for it just old like RE4 that was for ps2 years ago,so even ps2 surpass it,and now wtf 360 is the only console that have little RPG games,Tales of Vesperia has been announced for it and I'm like wat da 360?,most of them was on sony  console why 360T_T
tales was never only for sony but it has been on a sony consles on many of their games... but as far a vesperia goes im sure it will be a timed exclusive like eternal sonata...

Fight My Brute 
My YouTube Page
Play Battle of Wesnoth
Exd1
Girls + Ribbons = ^__^
忍者 (Ninja)
先生 (Sensei)

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2008, 04:58:03 PM »

I played wii at my friends house, The whole sensor thingy kinda wears off after a while.  undecided

Touhou Violin Rock I & II !

Pages: [1]  
Anime Stash Community Forum  |  The Lounge  |  Technology & The Internet  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Sixty-seven percent of owners not using Wii *shocked* not really =/
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length