User Info
No avatar Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
November 14, 2019, 04:20:17 AM

Anime Stash Community Forum  |  The Lounge  |  Technology & The Internet  |  Gaming  |  Topic: If they remake any PS1game(s) for the PS3 what do you want them to remake?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: If they remake any PS1game(s) for the PS3 what do you want them to remake?  (Read 16736 times)
monnish
浪人 (Ronin)
先生 (Sensei)

Re: If they remake any PS1game(s) for the PS3 what do you want them to remake?
« Reply #60 on: March 15, 2010, 07:57:58 PM »

@Gambi:

Wow......you must really hate FFXII. Smiley

Btw, I meant that the manner in which he expressed the opinion was moderate. It's not like he said, "FFXII beat the crap out of FFVII and ate its lunch."..........or something along those lines. Wink
Gambi
What are you looking at ? O.o
神様 (Kami)

AHHHHHHH! IT'S THE HUMAN ATOMIC BOMB!!

« Reply #61 on: March 15, 2010, 08:07:02 PM »

well thats true

and its just (even though a lot of peopel liked its) ff 12 is utter bullcrap ... and someone actually saying that it was better then 7 (which i personally dont see as oh so extreme awesome as some people see it either)  is just ... wow

"Hey ... would you say I became a hero?"

I'm usually misunderstood! - That's how I sit at home in front of my screen!                
monnish
浪人 (Ronin)
先生 (Sensei)

« Reply #62 on: March 15, 2010, 08:17:02 PM »

@Gambi:

Yeah, I guess that's fine.. I haven't played FFXII, so I can't really comment. But FFVII was really good in my opinion, because I watched the movie and OVA before playing it for the first time.

But if we're talking about the game alone, the the FFX+X2 would be my favourite. Though FFVIII and IX were also pretty cool.
Gambi
神様 (Kami)

« Reply #63 on: March 15, 2010, 08:20:52 PM »

.... he praised 8 .... *headAgainstWall* *headAgainstWall* *headAgainstWall* *headAgainstWall* *headAgainstWall* *headAgainstWall* *headAgainstWall*
*slapsHimselfe*

i also liked the 10 a lot

entity
侍 (Samurai)
神様 (Kami)

Wanna dance?

« Reply #64 on: March 15, 2010, 08:21:29 PM »

X2 was weird for me.... i mean yuna ftw and all, but it was well... not what i was expecting... and i loved X btw

hey, but why did you watch advent children before playing Huh didnt that kinda ruin the game? i mean there is more to it i know, but still...

If you want to do something, do it now. If you wait until tomorrow to start doing it, maybe you don't actually want to do it!

My blog:  Artificial
Reality

New!! Animestash Chat Sessions on Saturday, 4:00 PM GMT : Come Join Us!

monnish
浪人 (Ronin)
先生 (Sensei)

« Reply #65 on: March 15, 2010, 08:37:22 PM »

@Gambi:

FFVIII was decent. I played it on the PC, but still, it was good. Though I cannot say that I'm entirely against you banging your head against the wall........ Tongue

@Entity:

Not really, it was more like the game filled in the blanks of Advent Children. And the OVA was pretty cool too........I wish I could play Crisis Core. Sad
Gambi
神様 (Kami)

« Reply #66 on: March 15, 2010, 08:54:59 PM »

*startsBangingHisHeadAgainstTheWallOnceAgain*

i could explain whats wrong with 8 ... but the easiest (and funiest) way to show it is if u simply watch this series here --> http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/bt/spoonyone/final-fantasy-viii ... its worth it ... part 6 (or so) made me laugh so hard that it almost killed me

seriously ... 8 is the only ff that is even worse then 12 (well didnt play 11 ... stupid online game >_> )

monnish
浪人 (Ronin)
先生 (Sensei)

« Reply #67 on: March 15, 2010, 09:07:59 PM »

Unfortunately all "that guy with the glasses" vids are hosted on blip.tv, which is blocked by my college. So I have to wait for the weekends when the urlfilter is disabled to access that sites's vids.

Btw, check out the Distressed Watcher if you haven't, he is funny. Also goes by The AmazingAtheist on YouTube.

Oh, and while I'm sure that the clips you linked would be funny, I doubt that it will detract from my opinion of the game. I played it, I liked it. It really doesn't get any more cut and dried than that.......

Oh, and you can stop banging your head now. Wink
Gambi
神様 (Kami)

« Reply #68 on: March 15, 2010, 09:14:18 PM »

no i really cant ... besides it helps me waste time while working ...

entity
侍 (Samurai)
神様 (Kami)

Wanna dance?

« Reply #69 on: March 15, 2010, 09:30:15 PM »

your college disables your urlfilter on weekends? luckyyyyyy, im struggling using tor and battling the 2mb download restriction they put

but im fighting back by uploading crazy amounts of stuff, since they havent blocked uploads for some reason and i get speeds 1-2 mbps... ok oot

for game videos i usually check out game overthinker, hes pretty funny... loved his talk on sonic

If you want to do something, do it now. If you wait until tomorrow to start doing it, maybe you don't actually want to do it!

My blog:  Artificial
Reality

New!! Animestash Chat Sessions on Saturday, 4:00 PM GMT : Come Join Us!

KillerKrauser
Dragon Reborn
浪人 (Ronin)
先生 (Sensei)

I AM THE PRINCIPLE OF OTOKOJUKU, EDAJIMA HEIHACHI

« Reply #70 on: March 15, 2010, 10:40:28 PM »

Whoa you guys sure posted a lot while I was at work. I personally liked FF7 (what little I played) but I played it when there were games out th at looked so much better so while the story and the characters were great, I had to get used to the older graphics a bit.

FF12 was surely not the best but it did keep me engaged enough to beat it. But maybe that was for lack of a better game. Though it had it's good parts like not having to go into battle mode every time you meat an enemy. FF10 took forever sometimes to load battles. The license board was ok with the skills and tech but crap for the items. Whether or not you can wear a suit of armour or a helmet should be based on a character's statistic, not if they have a license or not. And the characters needed a bit more to set them apart from each other but they were still done well enough. Story was mediocre but like I said, I finished it. I also didn't really like the main character much.

I am glad that some of you guys liked FF10. I personally loved it. When I think Final Fantasy I usually think of that game because it was like the 2nd one I had played (yeah I played them in weird orders, hence my not liking of the FF7 graphics) so the characters and plot stuck with me. The soundtrack was also amazing. That is the only Final Fantasy soundtrack I ever bought. I liked the way you level up and I loved Blitzball. A little hard to figure out at first but once I got it that's all I did for like two days. All in all it's probably my favorite FF game.

Now I have played some of FF13 (chapter 5 maybe, well disc 2 anyway) and I must say it has a fairly original take on the FF games that works for the most part. So far it is linear but the story is pretty dang good. It's kinda a bummer not being able to command the others in the party directly but the A.I. is good enough to where you kinda forget about it after awhile. At least they switch up which character you can control and, in doing so, switches the point of view which helps tell the story and keeps things a little fresh. Characters and voice acting are all good so far though I must say the Lightning is a little too negative so far. And likes to hit people. I think she lightens up after awhile though. So it is looking to be a great game. Though a few changes could be made like giving you the option to control your party members or not, and the terminology they use in the game is a little strange at first but you catch on quick.

Ok done with the FF ranting for now.

So another PS1 title I kinda want to see made again would be Atlus's 'Tactics Ogre' I guess. One of my ultimate favorite games (I love tactical RPGs) so of course I want to see it remade. Though I think it already was kinda a remake. Well it was a port from an older system (Super NES maybe?) from Japan and I am not sure if they enhanced or upgraded anything for it. They could enhance the graphics a lot and add a lot of content that was in it's sequel for the GBA 'Tactics Ogre Advance' like new character classes and the like. Though it will never replace my original PS1 game. That game is worth a good bit these days. I was looking around on E-bay and Amazon a month or so agao and saw it range from $65 (crappy condition) to $295(New) and everything in between. Though I am not sure if those are an accurate value. Still, it should be a worthy asset in the future.

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

You'll have to decide for your self, walk on your own, move forward. You've got a good strong pair of legs there, you should get up and use 'em.
Gambi
神様 (Kami)

« Reply #71 on: March 15, 2010, 10:45:19 PM »

yup ... ur right about everything ... allthough i kinda like how lightning gives everyone who whines a big fat "STFU" XD ... "I (lightnings sister) became one of those monster-people who everyone hates and is being transported to what we call "hell" if spotted and i ll marry this guy here .. and ohh yea happy birthday this is a present for you" .... "I DONT CARE !!! FU** OFF!!!"

KillerKrauser
Dragon Reborn
浪人 (Ronin)
先生 (Sensei)

« Reply #72 on: March 15, 2010, 10:55:00 PM »

yup ... ur right about everything
I must savor this because that is not something you say often. Well to me at least lol.

Well I guess most people deserve Lightnings harsh attitude but a couple of times in the beginning when she was talking to Snow she would get angry and hit him for not much of a good reason. Yeah he was saying all of his 'We can do it if we try' nonsense (he remind anyone else a little of Naruto?) but she took it a little too hard. Especially when she whipped out her sword and put it to his throat one time. Though it was kinda funny when she kept knocking him to the ground. He's this big guy who only fight's with his hands and 1st never sees her punches coming, and 2nd pretty much always gets hurled to the ground. I still like Snow though. Mainly because he adds the needed boost in moral to the story with his 'we can do it' outlook.

Though right now I am with just her and Hope and she seems to be softening up a bit. God it would be horrible if she treated that little kid like Snow.

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

You'll have to decide for your self, walk on your own, move forward. You've got a good strong pair of legs there, you should get up and use 'em.
Gambi
神様 (Kami)

« Reply #73 on: March 15, 2010, 10:58:06 PM »

[sleeping]"mommy" .... "hehe not by a long shot"

i could quote lightning all day i guess ... no seriously she got quite some funny moments

but honestly i never ever get why she hates snow in the first place .... it makes no sense ... at all (except for MAYBE his attitude ... but she hates him from before the game ... so ... meh)

KillerKrauser
Dragon Reborn
浪人 (Ronin)
先生 (Sensei)

« Reply #74 on: March 15, 2010, 11:12:02 PM »

Yeah I never understood her hatred for Snow either. I see it as maybe she hates him for getting in a relationship with her sister and hiding it from he for awhile. And maybe she blames Snow a bit because he said he would help her with her focus no matter what and maybe she blames him a little for what happened. Though It's probably just missplaced anger for the loss of her sister and she already dislikes him so might as well take out her anger and frustrations out on him to.
I also don't like why hope is angry. His mother volunteered and Snow tried to save her. This is she could very well have died staying with the group of people she was at. The entire area was dangerous. And (so far) he always chokes up when he is about to say it to Snow. If I thought somebody was responsible for the death of my mother I would say it as soon as I saw them. But that's just me. Though I would be smart enough to know it wasn't Snow's fault. But still it adds to the drama I guess.

Uh topic...lets see here...Chrono Cross? I have the 2 disc set for PS1 and have only played 5 or 6 hours so it may or may not be very good but it's all I could think of at the moment. Though I must say a re-do on the graphics would be much appreciated because the graphics were awful. Not just cause they we old but something else I can't explain made me not like them or give them a break at all.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7  
Anime Stash Community Forum  |  The Lounge  |  Technology & The Internet  |  Gaming  |  Topic: If they remake any PS1game(s) for the PS3 what do you want them to remake?
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length