User Info
No avatar Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
November 15, 2019, 03:05:44 PM

Anime Stash Community Forum  |  The Lounge  |  Technology & The Internet  |  Gaming  |  Topic: If they remake any PS1game(s) for the PS3 what do you want them to remake?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: If they remake any PS1game(s) for the PS3 what do you want them to remake?  (Read 16740 times)
Killy
将軍 (Shogun)
神様 (Kami)

The owls are not what they seem.

Re: If they remake any PS1game(s) for the PS3 what do you want them to remake?
« Reply #45 on: March 15, 2010, 04:25:47 PM »

Why does everyone always want a FF7 remake, it's not that great really...(... evil...)

Gambi
What are you looking at ? O.o
神様 (Kami)

AHHHHHHH! IT'S THE HUMAN ATOMIC BOMB!!

« Reply #46 on: March 15, 2010, 04:42:01 PM »

yea i do agree with u ... 6 and (imo ... i know not many would agree ... but i really liked it) 10 is better : / ...

7 did most right but has big bad downsides ... the biggest of 'em is that the game simply WASNT F I N I S H E D when they released it (i dont know them by heart but theres a pretty big list of things that show that in the game ... besides they admitted it ...)

"Hey ... would you say I became a hero?"

I'm usually misunderstood! - That's how I sit at home in front of my screen!                
entity
侍 (Samurai)
神様 (Kami)

Wanna dance?

« Reply #47 on: March 15, 2010, 04:49:09 PM »

hmm well it was my first final fantasy so it was kinda special to me, 6 was great, but then it wasn't a ps1 game, so i couldn't ask for it to be remade in this thread : P

though i liked FFIX prolly the most of the ps1 three, but i dont think it needs a remake, it was fine as it was. because of the heavy fantasy art style (unlike 7 and 8 ) new graphics wouldnt do much for it. xenogears had so many things that could've been better, and xenosaga was just disappointing, hence my wish for a remake

If you want to do something, do it now. If you wait until tomorrow to start doing it, maybe you don't actually want to do it!

My blog:  Artificial
Reality

New!! Animestash Chat Sessions on Saturday, 4:00 PM GMT : Come Join Us!

Killy
将軍 (Shogun)
神様 (Kami)

« Reply #48 on: March 15, 2010, 05:05:43 PM »

Well, i personally think 10 was pretty good (the soundtrack was beautiful at times...), better than 7 anyway, but unfortunately i've never gotten to pay 6, but heck, i even like 12 better than i do 7...(though i'll always love 1, because it's the only one i got truly addicted too...)but either way, none of them really need a remake, the focus should be on new ones coming...but then again, from how terrible 13 supposedly did in japan, i don't think it's gonna leave a good impression on us cheesy...

Gambi
神様 (Kami)

« Reply #49 on: March 15, 2010, 05:09:58 PM »

WTF ?! U LIKED 12 ?! WHAT KIND OF ABOMINATION ARE U ?! ARG !!!! GET AWAY FROM ME DEMON !!!!!!

and i like 13 ... am in ch 11 of 13 .... (ch 10-13 are about as long as ch 1-9 though)

Killy
将軍 (Shogun)
神様 (Kami)

« Reply #50 on: March 15, 2010, 05:57:40 PM »

Well, 12 wasn't that bad as far as i got (i've never finished it...) the main problem i found with it is that it can get really boring and tedious...though i suppose the plot isn't really much to talk about as it wasn't that great (10's was superb...that plot, that soundtrack, those summons...dammit, i'm reminiscing now!!!, not that it's a bad thing embarassed)...and 13, i haven't personally played, so i'm not really judging it, but from some things i saw, the linearity is a bit...ott....i'm personally looking forward to versus 13 (just cause i loved that trailer, and the idea of it being an action rpg, cause i like them more...)

Gambi
神様 (Kami)

« Reply #51 on: March 15, 2010, 06:00:29 PM »

so basically u liked nothing about 12 but u STILL think its better then 7 .... i mean seriously ... WTF ?! ... u didnt even finish it  .... doesnt that speak enough for itselfe ?!

monnish
浪人 (Ronin)
先生 (Sensei)

« Reply #52 on: March 15, 2010, 06:39:19 PM »

@Gambi san:

u didnt even finish it  .... doesnt that speak enough for itselfe ?!

If I recall correctly from one of our previous discussions(relating to Naruto Fillers Vs. Bleach ones), you don't usually subscribe to that logic.

Incidentally, I liked FFX and X2 the best, closely followed by VII(had the best chars, in my opinion). I also consider all spawned media as a part of the FFVII universe, btw.

@Topic:

Metal Gear Solid 1. I want to see it with 7th gen graphics. God knows that the story deserves to be retold.
Frosty
Retired
浪人 (Ronin)
神様 (Kami)

Hmm

« Reply #53 on: March 15, 2010, 06:42:46 PM »

@Topic:

Metal Gear Solid 1. I want to see it with 7th gen graphics. God knows that the story deserves to be retold.
yea mgs 1 was pretty epic i liked playing it. i hope if they do remake they keep the innovate mantis fight

The End is merely a Beginning of a New Journey
Gambi
神様 (Kami)

« Reply #54 on: March 15, 2010, 06:43:17 PM »

as i mentioned before mgs 1 was friggin remade allready ... sure not in the current gen ... but on the gamecube ("the twin snakes")

and i look at that topic a little different when its about games ... since i mean ... u can skip parts of an ongoing weekly series ... but if u stop playing a game ... its over ... u cant pick it up like "2 h after that part that i hated so much and bored me like hell which was why i stopped playing it"

Killy
将軍 (Shogun)
神様 (Kami)

« Reply #55 on: March 15, 2010, 06:50:20 PM »

Okay...so yeh...i didn't enjoy 12 that much...but i confuzzle myself...but i still don't like 7 much...
as i mentioned before mgs 1 was friggin remade allready ... sure not in the current gen ... but on the gamecube ("the twin snakes")
And surprisingly it's pretty good, the graphics are well done, and the gameplay is much closer to MGS2, the only problem with it is that it's devoid of an VR missions (i loved how they looked...)

monnish
浪人 (Ronin)
先生 (Sensei)

« Reply #56 on: March 15, 2010, 07:05:12 PM »

@Gambi:

I know about Twin Snakes(though I've never played it). The thread asked about the PS3, so I chose MGS 1. The game is good enough for another re-make if you ask me, especially for the latest gen.

About the Game Vs. Anime thing, I really don't see the difference. Basically it comes down to whether you consider something you finished better than something you didn't. Why the double standard is beyond me, but I guess you just feel that way so it can't be helped.
Gambi
神様 (Kami)

« Reply #57 on: March 15, 2010, 07:11:43 PM »

the thing is .... again

ongoing - weekly - anime ---> stop the part u dont like ---> watch when its good again ---> overall can still be better then something else ... or in general similar parts of it can still be better then parts like that in something else

a game --> stop it once ---> cant pick it up at an "more avanced"/"later" point ---> basically its "the end" there ---> u didnt like it enough to see it through ----> B A D

u can "pause" animes ... u cant "pause" (in that sense) games ... when u stop playing them they are over .... and if u cant bring urselfe to finish it then that makes the game bad

monnish
浪人 (Ronin)
先生 (Sensei)

« Reply #58 on: March 15, 2010, 07:30:01 PM »

@Gambi:

We're veering off topic, but I guess I'm to blame for that......

Well, at the time we weren't discussing the "overall" merits of Beach over Naruto. We were comparing one specific filler arc of Bleach with one specific filler arc or Naruto. When we're talking about one single self-contained arc, then the same "Game" paradigm applies, does it not? It's not like you can skip the middle third of an arc and then watch the last few episodes and come up with an accurate overall review of the Arc. You can form an opinion, but it wouldn't be accurate or informed.

Regardless, I admit that I spoke out of turn. I just realized that we're talking about your approach to Anime and Games, and you should be free to voice your opinions without my criticisms weighing you down, in that regard at least.

Likewise, Evilguy is also entitled to his opinion about the respective games. It wasn't even an extreme one, he just said that he liked FFXII better than FFVII. And you jumped all over him(in a jovial fashion, I'm sure), so I felt "compelled" to say something. In retrospect, however, I was just being self-righteous. So......gomen.
Gambi
神様 (Kami)

« Reply #59 on: March 15, 2010, 07:39:38 PM »

actually that opinion is quite extreme ... if not the most extreme i ever heard about games

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7  
Anime Stash Community Forum  |  The Lounge  |  Technology & The Internet  |  Gaming  |  Topic: If they remake any PS1game(s) for the PS3 what do you want them to remake?
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length