User Info
No avatar Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
May 27, 2018, 12:14:23 AM

Anime Stash Community Forum  |  The Lounge  |  Chatbox  |  Poll, Test, Surveys  |  Topic: 10/2/07 Language Poll
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: 10/2/07 Language Poll  (Read 4032 times)
LeonLanford
ni~doresu
浪人 (Ronin)
神様 (Kami)

ni~doresu

Re: 10/2/07 Language Poll
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2007, 04:55:58 PM »

my chinese must be pretty bad if i dont get what is "youhao" , i can only guess u meant "nihao"

chinese (traditional) is extremely hard, it'll give you a run for your money, as compared to chinese (simplified) which is wayyyyyyy easier.

finally, YOU"RE ALL WRONG! icelandic is the hardest proper language to learn on earth. a person who can repeat pi up to 300+ decimals still takes a week to learn it. lol so says the documentary.

never head of islandic grin
japanese's kanji are chinese traditional kanji.. grin the traditional kanji are much more pretier I think.. it has more artistic things..

if you want to learn a language fast and right.. just go to that country, stay for 3 to 6 months.. i bet you will be able to speak fluently.. i found many cases like that, my cousin also like that.. try it grin

ohmygod2k
浪人 (Ronin)
先生 (Sensei)

Succumb to the Desu~

« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2007, 08:39:44 PM »

if you want to learn a language fast and right.. just go to that country, stay for 3 to 6 months.. i bet you will be able to speak fluently.. i found many cases like that, my cousin also like that.. try it grin

except at the end of it all, you'll be like me, all speech and zero writing capabilities. like my english i mean

Before you argue online, see this

No longer active..

Having file playback problems? Use CCCP codec pack www.cccp-project.net
Val-Gaav
将軍 (Shogun)
神様 (Kami)

« Reply #17 on: October 03, 2007, 08:49:47 PM »

the thing is also that with age learning capabilities drop drasticly ...  yeah if u were a little kid then you could learn the language just by hearing it around

It may sound amazing but when I was little the TV in my language had a poor selection of shows so I watched ENGLISH cartoon programs ... thanks to that I learned english quite a bit .... Amazing isn't it ?  Imagine that by now I watched so many japanese animes that I should be able to talk in it ...  but guess what? I'm not a kid anymore so aside few words I didn't learn ANYTHING out of it ;|
Kittie
浪人 (Ronin)
先生 (Sensei)

« Reply #18 on: October 03, 2007, 08:54:03 PM »

i have seen japanese anime the last 4 months and im used  to it quite so i can understand, sometimes i dont even see the subs
ohmygod2k
浪人 (Ronin)
先生 (Sensei)

Succumb to the Desu~

« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2007, 04:28:20 PM »

i think its because when u're young, your perceptions of the what is what isnt so fixed yet. now when we're older is so solidly fixed in our minds that whatever it is supposed to be called in our language.

i read somewhere the best way to learn the language is with minimal aid of another language. i.e dont think of public bath = osen, it should be when you see it u know its called , "onsen", "public bath", "etc."

yay for mods posting in locked topics  grin

Before you argue online, see this

No longer active..

Having file playback problems? Use CCCP codec pack www.cccp-project.net

Pages: 1 [2]  
Anime Stash Community Forum  |  The Lounge  |  Chatbox  |  Poll, Test, Surveys  |  Topic: 10/2/07 Language Poll
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length