User Info
No avatar Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
December 13, 2019, 04:48:17 PM

Anime Stash Community Forum  |  Introduction and Support  |  News & Updates  |  Topic: So... what now? (v2)
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: So... what now? (v2)  (Read 5821 times)
DeadHungryKat
Osu~
将軍 (Shogun)
神様 (Kami)

"Quality is my motto. It's my other half."

So... what now? (v2)
« on: May 25, 2019, 02:00:18 AM »

Seriously, this must be asked. What do we do now? Where do we go from here?

First, as aforementioned before I just got into a minor operation. It was just to fix a slight bent on my jaw and right now, I am slowly recovering and feeling better over the last days. Still, the days that I've rested was something that triggered another contemplation. Why do I still do this? Like seriously, every staff here at stash already grasped the more important IRL stuffs which I think they were right to prioritize and that begs that question, when will I stop? When will I find the right time?

From reading, I hope you just didn't glanced it through, the context I am giving is this site is obviously in badly need of some help. Internet connection nowadays are fast. If you can't encode, at least help repair broken links. If you can encode, then at least try to maintain one or even two at most, because I can't cover all the grounds here. This solo act is draining what's left on my patience and sincerely, without sugarcoating, I am slowly starting to get piss on some fellow site members for not even trying to help maintain this site.

But in all honesty, I am not expecting anyone to give a freaking damn about the site's terrible state. I've already seek help before, but sadly it fell to deft ears. So... stopping this rant, I want to thank first some of you especially to Quade, cleomene, ptonec and nevermeltice for helping me recover some of my files. Without these cool people, I would've lost my own encodes. To those who are still lingering, thanks, but please think of helping... even the most minuscule thing will be appreciated.

Okay, onto more pressing matter. It seems some of you have mailed me (quite a lot) that you can't download from this site and that site. Either it is blacklisted by your ISP or whatever problem it is. Look, mates, if you could only help me get a premium pcloud account, then you will not find yourself unable to download from various webhosts. Again, there's nothing to pay and absolutely nothing monetary value involved. All I need is for you to be under my referral so I can get entries to win 500gb of free space. Just freaking register under this link. Just fyi, my account is already on its last leg: peek here. Just another 2gb and I'm out of space.

To wrap this up, since I am notorious for having a dislike for making headlines, please, don't make me a living meme like the photo attached to this thread. To summarize, this site is already 95% dead and I need help to stop the bleeding. Do us all a favor and try to help, will you?

[UPDATE Sept 28 2019]

Okay, folks. Time to sort out everything so I can retire on a good note. First of all, it's been a fun ride. Lurker for my first 2 years, recruited to the staff afterwards until today. The memories are overwhelmingly awesome, but of course, not all of it were good. So, to address this first part of this updated post, I wanna thank the guys who keeps helping me get a chance to win the 500gb pcloud account. Unfortunately, someone else keeps winning the lottery and to be frank, I really suck at this raffle things. Never won anything in my life other than some minor consolations. Moving on, I need some help to recover some files of my own. As some of you might read it in the chatbox, I lost an external hard drive this year and it's about 500gb full of animes. I tried recovering them but unfortunately, the read/write clip keeps clicking the platter inside and by the time I opened the drive, it already caused major scratches thus it is definitely done for. I already tried every process the tech community has to offer like the freezer solution, transferring the platter to another drive etc and I got zero files recovered. Sucks, but that's life. So, I am going to post a list of the files I want to recover some time in the near future and if per chance you got a copy of it, I would really ask you to share it back to me. I hope you could spare me the effort, mates.

Going back to the main point... I've retired twice in the past and in both cases, I find myself returning to do some more series. By now, it's a scary cycle. It feels like encoding/sharing has been etched to my very soul that I can't part with it. The addiction is cumbersome and to put it simply, very unconventional and impractical. It's not even generating me some kind of profit. The efforts I've done (like picking a better video source, typesetting the signs, retiming from scratch, translating the songs, proofreading etc), most especially in my latter half where I keep saving a number of animes from the shitty Amazon/Horriblesubs/Funimation sources, went extremely unnoticed. As you might all know, I am using some sort of link-shrinking and back in the boom days, it used to give me some extra incentives so I can buy some pint of beers monthly, but since 2018, I couldn't even get a pack of peanuts. The dwindling amount of regular visitors, plus the ever-evolving internet speed are factors that I can't fight back anymore. The grim reality tells me that even with the aforementioned efforts of sharing a better file, all I get back is a 2-3 downloads per file and that's not easy to take. It's too cruel to accept. It's about time to say that I've done everything I could and this is as far as I could go. Well, I wouldn't really want to rant the drama of my semi-NEET life, but to sum my sentiments, I would like to think that I went to an adventure, poured my all, accomplished nothing, got tired and the only feasible option is to leave everything behind and rest.

Concluding this updated post, I sincerely hope that this site will keep on living. It's where I found reprieve back when I was almost lost in life. I met good friends in here, although they're gone now. I also had bad moments bickering with tons of visitors and fellow staffs. Oh, there's a very important thing that I must clarify so there won't be any confusion. I'll still lurk and share since I still have around 1TB of bluray files that needs to be encoded. The only major difference is that I will not be doing ongoing series after December. So for this last season, I'll try to update both stalled series to improve my backlogs and the ongoings series that needs to be updated. Okay, that's a wrap. Thanks for reading and I'll be counting on some of you to help me recover my lost files.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2019, 01:10:46 AM by DeadHungryKat » Logged

Saving anime from the clutches of money-ripping series providers. Hater of shitty Horriblesubs/Crunchyroll.
erina azwari
新米 (Shinmai)

Re: So... what now?
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2019, 02:05:15 PM »

register done.
ametaratsu
I will be Harem King
神様 (Kami)

Is that a killing intent

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2019, 01:01:38 AM »

sad but true.

do you have the guts?? http://yukala03.mybrute.com
qistandre
If my smile is not enough, then take my warm heart away ^_^
先輩 (Senpai)

give me your best smile <3 <3

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2019, 04:47:01 AM »

done register bro, and thank you for still be here, even it is solo and 95% dead and in sinking ship, thank you.

mirahsan2
新米 (Shinmai)

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2019, 05:34:09 AM »

Hold up, you have to send us a referral link first so we can help with the spacing issue right?

Message me. I have 4 email accounts, I can make an account for each I guess.
yobu
新米 (Shinmai)

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2019, 11:38:48 AM »

Done registering using your link. I just got back here after years of not visiting the site. Can probably reseed or reupload some series?

俺、参上!
Quade
後輩 (Kohai)

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2019, 08:51:42 PM »

Registered through the link provided but I'm not sure I did it right (I opted to continue with my google account). Hope that helps & thanks as always.
DeadHungryKat
Osu~
将軍 (Shogun)
神様 (Kami)

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2019, 03:09:07 PM »

Golly, this is peculiar yet amazing. Guys, I am hopeful it's enough to win this month's lottery. I mean, previous winners won with just 1 invites, but I have at least 4.

@ame, we should hang out sometimes.

Saving anime from the clutches of money-ripping series providers. Hater of shitty Horriblesubs/Crunchyroll.
Lord
Lord
後輩 (Kohai)

Shall I grant your wish?

« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2019, 02:18:45 AM »

Honestly, most of this stuff is French to me, but I thought I did register at the site O_o!
My biggest issue is that I am out for work a lot, like when you asked if someone could upload a series recently, I suspected that I have it, but I havent been to my home where my harddisk is yet. Hell, the last series I downloaded was Goblin Slayer and I have way too many from even before it to download.
I can keep a couple or so of small series on my laptop and help in case they have broken links, but I might need a lot of hand holding for that. I can probably help in similar fashion through some old series that I had already downloaded, but honestly that thing can take months of wait

For registering, should I go for it now so you've 5/all chances of winning this month or should I wait till its next month so that you would have at least 1/all chance of winning the lottery next month?

When Dreams Come True and Wishes are Fulfilled, There Will Always be a Price to Pay
DeadHungryKat
Osu~
将軍 (Shogun)
神様 (Kami)

« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2019, 06:15:17 AM »

Yeah, Lord. The lottery seems to have a lot of winners with just 1 invite per month and that was quite a trend for at least 6+ months since I've used the webhost. There's only a singular month where the winner came with a humongous 2000+ invites and that itself is an anomaly. I'd appreciate if all of you would give me at least 1 invite per month. Right now, I have 3 current ones and hopefully, it can do the miracle so I won't be further asking you guys to take the time to register.

I can see that pcloud is quite popular among the stashers cause most of the series uploaded on it got more download hits than the rest i.e solidfiles, mediafire etc. So I assume, it gives a lot of you ease to get the file without dealing with either blocked ISP or territorial issues.

Lord
Lord
後輩 (Kohai)

Shall I grant your wish?

« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2019, 11:41:15 PM »

Personally I heavily favor mediafire, Have to give pcloud a try sometime.
And alright, I shall register this Sunday then

When Dreams Come True and Wishes are Fulfilled, There Will Always be a Price to Pay
Lord
Lord
後輩 (Kohai)

Shall I grant your wish?

« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2019, 07:19:34 AM »

cheesy As I thought, my main email addresses were already registered, I created an account from barely ever used account

mirahsan2
新米 (Shinmai)

« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2019, 04:38:42 AM »

So I made 4 accounts from that link.

Also, I have lots of stuff I downloaded off of the Stash over the years. I'll try to get a complete list and add it here. Maybe we can readd to the site.

Btw, anyone know a good place where I can learn to encode videos?

I mean I'll google and youtube it more of course. But I'd like to learn.
ta.bobby

« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2019, 08:23:29 AM »

Get well soon DHK
DeadHungryKat
Osu~
将軍 (Shogun)
神様 (Kami)

« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2019, 08:30:12 AM »

Btw, anyone know a good place where I can learn to encode videos?

Thanks a lot, buddy. You've given me a lot of chances to get 500gb worth of storage.
Mhmm, as for encoding... I'm assuming it'll be your first time trying, so I guess you should get Handbrake for starters. It's very user-friendly and has a lot of support from developers, thus it has a humongous amount of tutorials in the internet.

Get well soon DHK

Thanks, mate! grin

Pages: [1] 2 3  
Anime Stash Community Forum  |  Introduction and Support  |  News & Updates  |  Topic: So... what now? (v2)
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length