User Info
No avatar Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
September 25, 2018, 08:33:17 PM

Anime Stash Community Forum  |  The Lounge  |  Chatbox  |  Poll, Test, Surveys  |  Stasher's Anime Awards 2017  |  Topic: Stasher's Anime Awards 2017 Results
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Stasher's Anime Awards 2017 Results  (Read 1061 times)
DeadHungryKat
Osu~
将軍 (Shogun)
神様 (Kami)

"Quality is my motto. It's my other half."

Stasher's Anime Awards 2017 Results
« on: January 15, 2018, 08:00:10 AM »

Best Anime Movie of the Year

Kimi no na Wa. and Koe no Katachi

Both films owned more than a quarter of total percentage of the votes and utterly led from Day 1 until the closing day. It's not even obvious that it's everyone's favorite, aye mate? SAO: Ordinal Scale ends up second place with a total of 15.4% votes.

Best Action Anime of the Year

Boku no Hero Academia 2

Garnering a total of 25% of the total votes, it's no surprise BnHA 2 wins this category! Kekkai Sensen 2 and Fate/Apocrypha both got the nod for the runner-up titles each with 18.8% votes.

Best Comedy Anime of the Year

Netjuu no Susume

Net-juu tops the comedy poll with 17.9% of votes. But sincerely, was it really that funny? I've seen it, but it's more tender, than funny, yet whatever... Blend S almost steals the top position with its 14.3% at second place. Better luck in your next life, Maika-chan!

Best Romance Anime of the Year

Just Because!

Just Because! is yet another title to win leading just one vote away from its closest competitor in Saekano 2. JB! won a marginal 24% against Saekano 2's 20%. Still, the coming-of-age romance is very-well paced, albeit slow at times and it truly deserves winning the Romance title of the Year!

Best Slice-of-Life Anime of the Year

3-gatsu no Lion S2

Was there any doubt in this category? So 3-gatsu no Lion 2 won this convincingly with 22.6% of total votes and it's literally the most obvious outcome. Runner-ups tallied 12.9% votes and it's still a big congratulations to the three of them namely Kino no Tabi 2017, Blend S and New Game!!

Best Sports Anime of the Year

Ballroom e Youkoso

Runaway leader Ballroom e Yokosou was a wild ride for me. It really pissed me off in the second part of the show, but regardless, it convincingly won the Sports category with 36% of total votes. The runner-up totally flabbergasted me though, I really thought YowaPeda S3 would get the nod, but surprisingly, it's Keppeki Danshi! Aoyama-kun which got 24% votes to cement its runner-up position.

Best Fantasy-Supernatural Anime of the Year

Mahoutsukai no Yome

A close call for MahoYome which marginally edged Riko's Made in Abyss! The winner won by 23.8% against its challenger's 21.4%. Both titles are really top-tier series with amazing content. You have to forgive me for delaying MahoYome though XD

Best Mystery-Suspence Anime of the Year

ACCA: 13-ku Kansatsu-ka

Holy smoke, I never thought ACCA would win with such a small margin! Initially, I thought it would be the runaway winner given its spot-on mystery-suspense content, but Kakegurui's 25.9% almost stole the spotlight! Still, ACCA deserves to be crowned the winner with 29.6%. I really recommend it to those literary type of watchers!

Best Drama Anime of the Year

Made in Abyss and Mahoutsukai no Yome

Tears would back-up the results as Made in Abyss and MahoYome shared the crown for Drama title of the Year with 26.7% of total votes. 3-gatsu no Lion 2 almost shared the limelight with its 23.3% votes to end up second place. Okay, which series made you bawl like a kid, eh?

Best Ecchi-Harem Anime of the Year

Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata Flat

With 20.6% of total votes, Saekano 2 has beaten the closest rival in Masamune-kun no Revenge with 14.7%. Honestly, Saekano 2 is a brilliant title, if not mired with the stereotyping image of clumsy harem and ecchi elements.

Best Mecha-Sci-fi Anime of the Year

Inuyashiki

A total landslide! It reminded me how OPM dominated back in 2015. Inuyashiki truly deserves the crown given its lackluster competition. Runner-up Knight's and Magic ended up with 22.6% which is futile against Inuyashiki's 45.2%.

Best Adventure Anime of the Year

Made in Abyss

Made in Abyss won its second first-place award in a different category. Owning 31.3%, it sincerely lacked the competition in the runner-ups which garnered 15.6% in Kino no Tabi 2017, Shingeki no Bahamut 2 and Saiyuuki 2017.

Best Shounen Anime of the Year

Boku no Hero Academia 2

Like Made in Abyss and MahoYome, BnHA 2 also achieved a 2-peat crushing shounen-rival Shingeki no Kyojin's 20% of votes against its 37.1%! Given its fresh approach of shounen art and consistent strong writing, I doubt we will see a day in which BnHA will have the same quality-drop like what happened to Naruto, Bleach and other shounen titles.

Best Shoujo Anime of the Year

Natsume Yuujinchou Roku

Natsume in his 6th season continues the tradition of high-quality writing filled with tender slice-of-life drama, slight laughs and tough mystery-supernatural ambiance. It's no wonder even with the 6th season, Natsume garners 30.4% to successfully fend of a strong competition in Children of the Whales which tallied a close score of 26.1%.

Best Male Lead of the Year

Midoriya "Deku" Izuku

Even with his initial wimpy features, Deku manages to grab the glory of winning the Best Male Lead of the Year! I mean, why not? Everybody loves an underdog, a weakling who matured in the rightest of ways. Congrats, Deku for owning 23.1% of total votes! Inuyashiki's lead Ichiro manages to get 12.8% to get second place.

Best Female Lead of the Year

Riko, Ruler "Jeanne d'Arc" and Mikasa Ackerman

We have a triple tie, folks! Lovely ladies in Riko, Jeanne and Mikasa shared the first place with votes amounting to 15.2%. Despite being in a strong winning series MahoYome, Hatori Chise falls short in second place with 12.1% of votes.

Best Anime of the Year

Boku no Hero Academia 2

And the winner is BnHA 2!

It manages to scrapped off close competition in Made in Abyss and MahoYome, as one of the three titles to have won at least two categories, to square off in the last and most prestigious award. MahoYome ends up in 3rd place with 15.4%. Despite being in a handicapped situation given it only fought with half of its content, MahoYome still is one of the best titles of 2017 and it can also quality for 2018's best! Made in Abyss who ends up in 2nd place garnered 17.3%, just one vote away from tying the top award of 2017! Even though it fought BnHa 2 with only half the amount of episodes, it surely made the competition very stiff until the end! There's also the news of a sequel in late 2018 or even 2019 and I'm very sure, it will make huge waves when it comes out!

And the rightful winner of 2017's Best Anime Series is BnHA 2! With three first-placer wins, I can say it dominated this year's awarding event and will be sure to pump up fans for its upcoming third season plus a movie!

So there you have it, mateys! 2017 might've been wrapped up 15 days ago, but surely, we can still remember the titles from last year which surely made a strong impact on us! Some of it made us laughed our asses out, some of it made tears fall in our eyes, some of it bored the f*ck out of us, some of it made us blushed like a ripe tomato, some of it hyped and brought shivers to our spine.

To those who saw their favorites ending up as winners, good for you, mates! To those who saw their darling titles fall in defeat, there's still next year! I urge everyone to please continue this yearly tradition and make it bloom like it used to be. Our site is diminishing, both in number of members and encoders. It's always sad to see someone leave and farewells aren't my thing, so if you also feel the same way to this site, please show your support and participate in 2018's event which most likely will require a miracle for someone to stepped up. Regrettably, I won't do this a second time, so I hope we can get someone to organize it by the time last quarter of 2018 enters the season.

Saving anime from the clutches of money-ripping series providers. Hater of shitty Horriblesubs/Crunchyroll.
Skyfish-Zho
将軍 (Shogun)
神様 (Kami)

Re: Stasher's Anime Awards 2017 Results
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2018, 12:44:05 PM »

nice winners. at least ive watched them all. {feeling proudn} xD
Ging
Hopeful Wizard
来賓 (Raihin)

Don't count me out!

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2018, 12:45:03 PM »

Glad to see ties. We need more throphies for times

abas
dark flame master!!
新米 (Shinmai)

one does not simply stop watching anime

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2018, 01:53:49 PM »

i knew that Boku no Hero Academia 2 became the best anime in 2017 since it have the tournament arc
DeadHungryKat
Osu~
将軍 (Shogun)
神様 (Kami)

"Quality is my motto. It's my other half."

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2018, 07:55:40 AM »

True. I initially thought the pacing was bad, but my impressions were quickly downplayed and until the end, we've got a really good series. Not a masterpiece, but the occasional major fights in the tourney and vs. Stain are the most awesome shounen fights I've seen lately.

Saving anime from the clutches of money-ripping series providers. Hater of shitty Horriblesubs/Crunchyroll.
Lord
Lord
後輩 (Kohai)

Shall I grant your wish?

« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2018, 11:19:53 PM »

Hero Academia, Mahou Yome, Inuyashiki..all won..feels quite good XD

When Dreams Come True and Wishes are Fulfilled, There Will Always be a Price to Pay

Pages: [1]  
Anime Stash Community Forum  |  The Lounge  |  Chatbox  |  Poll, Test, Surveys  |  Stasher's Anime Awards 2017  |  Topic: Stasher's Anime Awards 2017 Results
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length