User Info
No avatar Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
January 20, 2018, 08:34:56 PM

Anime Stash Community Forum  |  The Lounge  |  Chatbox  |  Poll, Test, Surveys  |  Stasher's Anime Awards 2014  |  Topic: Best Mecha anime
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Best Mecha anime  (Read 2129 times)
Mouse-sama
将軍 (Shogun)
神様 (Kami)

Best Mecha anime
« on: December 16, 2014, 11:40:49 AM »

Break Blade
In the continent of Cruzon, an impending war between the Kingdom of Krisna and the nation of Athens is brimming. The people of this land are able to use quartz for whatever purpose they desire. Yet one person, Rygart Arrow, is not. He is an "un-sorcerer," a person unable to use quartz. But this characteristic will enable him to pilot an ancient Golem, one strong enough to put up a fight against the invading army of Athens.

Aldnoah.Zero
In 1972, the Apollo 17 mission found a hypergate to Mars on the surface of the moon. Upon landing, astronauts discovered an enchanted utility later referred to as "Aldnoah," giving the astronauts a status of superiority. Soon, many humans have relocated to Mars, and have adapted to the name "Martians." After Princess Asseylum, a royal Martian princess, descends onto Earth in an attempt to create a treaty between both planets, a war breaks out between Earth and Mars, and Martian soldiers begin to descend from the sky, riding steel giants, intent on exterminating humanity.

Sidonia no Kishi
It's been a thousand years since the Gauna, a strange alien race with no known method of communication, destroyed the solar system. A portion of humanity managed to escape using enormous "seed ships" like the Sidonia, which have allowed them to maintain the population while drifting through space. Nagate Tanikaze is a young man who has been raised deep in the bowels of the ship. When he goes into training to pilot the huge robotic weapons known as Gardes, Nagate is entrusted with piloting the legendary unit known as Tsugumori. Nagate and his fellow pilots put their lives on the line against the Gauna, in the ultimate battle for the survival of humanity!

Shirogane no Ishi: Argevollen
The Kingdom of Arandas Alliance and the Countries Unification of Ingelmia have been at war for many years. The situation has been at a stalemate across the fortress of the Great Wall, which has never been penetrated since the foundation of Arandas. The gate to the fortress has remained firmly closed, but when it creaks open, the complexity of war starts to change dramatically.

Buddy Complex
On the first day back after summer break, high-school student Aoba is attacked by a giant robot that appears out of the sky. As he's pursued through the city, his classmate Hina appears in a robot of her own. She rescues him, and tells him cryptically that "Dio is waiting for you", before she disappears. This begins Aoba's new life as the pilot of the Free Treaty Alliance against the Great Zogiria Republic.

Gundam Build Fighter try
The story of Gundam Build Fighters Try is set 7 years after the end of the 1st series, when Iori Sei and Reiji won the 7th Gunpla Battle World Championships. Now Seiho Academy's Gunpla Battle Club has only one member, Hoshino Fumina, who is a third grade student in junior high. As the president of the club, she needs two more members to participate in the upcoming All-Japan Gunpla Battle Championships. One day she encounters a transfer student named Kamiki Sekai, who has traveled around for Kenpo training with his master. Then joining by a young Gunpla builder Kousaka Yuuma, their challenge to the Gunpla Battle begins....

Gundam: G no Reconguista
The Universal Century, with its history of colonization and wars, passes into posterity, and time flows on.
Mankind enters a new age of seemingly endless peace and prosperity called the "Regild Century."
The year is R.C. 1014. The Capital Tower, an orbital elevator, connects earth and space. Due to its role in supplying Earth's power by transferring Photon Batteries from space, it is worshiped with a religious fervor. Bellri Zenam, a cadet in the Capital Guard formed to protect Capital Tower, is participating in his first non-simulated exercise when he is attacked by the powerful but unaffiliated "G-Self" mobile suit. He manages to capture the G-Self while piloting a "Recten" maintenance mobile suit; however, seeing the G-Self's pilot, a young space pirate named Aida Rayhunton, stirs something within him, as does the G-Self which he was sure he'd never seen before. Why does the G-Self accept Bellri as a pilot?
Aida's mission to attack Capital Tower. Bellri's destiny as a chosen pilot of the G-Self. The truth which will shake the Regild Century.

]
DeadHungryKat
Osu~
将軍 (Shogun)
神様 (Kami)

"Quality is my motto. It's my other half."

Re: Best Mecha anime
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2014, 11:53:06 AM »

I beg to differ... I didn't vote for A-Z because IMHO, it sucks. Well maybe, the sequel will save the show but for the time being, it sucks... I picked Broken Blade first. Simply, the art, animation and new added scenes were nothing short of awesome. Sidonia is another case though. Frankly, I do not have a thing for CG animes but yet, there's no doubt Sidonia is a totally brilliant series. Lastly, Build Try is awesome, solidly written and effective. Nothing to add.

Broken Blade x Sidonia x Build Try

Saving anime from the clutches of money-ripping series providers. Hater of shitty Horriblesubs/Crunchyroll.
devildixie
xie
新米 (Shinmai)

« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2014, 12:25:03 AM »

i did not watch any mecha this season.. nothing hook me up.. :3

twice is tragedy but thrice is comedy
Mouse-sama
将軍 (Shogun)
神様 (Kami)

« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2014, 12:32:05 AM »

my fav is break blade. i recommend it

]
ametaratsu
I will be Harem King
神様 (Kami)

Is that a killing intent

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2014, 08:10:25 AM »

yeah break blade but i prefer the old ova so i guess i'll vote for try

do you have the guts?? http://yukala03.mybrute.com

Pages: [1]  
Anime Stash Community Forum  |  The Lounge  |  Chatbox  |  Poll, Test, Surveys  |  Stasher's Anime Awards 2014  |  Topic: Best Mecha anime
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length