User Info
No avatar Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
October 20, 2019, 03:36:15 PM

Anime Stash Community Forum  |  The Lounge  |  Technology & The Internet  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Heavenly Sword producer replys to Itagaki
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Heavenly Sword producer replys to Itagaki  (Read 1544 times)
darklsins
Nows the Time of Weakness...
浪人 (Ronin)
先輩 (Senpai)

Heavenly Sword producer replys to Itagaki
« on: August 07, 2007, 12:27:39 AM »

Itagaki, an outspoken critic of other developers and game series stated “I’ve never played a good game where the developers put a big icon of the button you’re supposed to press onscreen. I look at Heavenly Sword and it seems really half-assed, because it’s asking you to do all these button-timing sequences but you are not getting much payoff from it.”

The disparaging comments immediately provoked a response from Shubel, who replied: “My response to Mr. Itagaki would be that the intent of the Hero sequences is to empower the player to experience events that would be nearly impossible to play in a natural platforming state… for example, making the player run down ropes, leaping from rope to rope as they’re being cut from underneath you, all while dodging other objects - that would be a frustrating experience to 99 percent of our users if we were to force them to do that manually.”

In related news, the latest issue of PlayStation Magazine details several new features on the game, including the proposed availability of six anime clips on PlayStation Network, which will be used to tell the game’s story. No further details are available at this time, however. In addition, the article reveals that motion-sensing controls in the game have also been improved upon, and confirms the title will include a total of 48 missions spread across six acts.

Heavenly Sword is scheduled for release in North America from September 12th....

ok for those of you who dont know who Itagaki...
hes the creator of games such as ninja gaiden and DOA(dead or alive...)

IMHO I think he doesnt deserve to be talking smack Heavenly Sword looks like a great game better then ninja gaiden probbly...

in any case his comments about HS being "half assed"... because of pressing timed buttons...

that means hes calling huge titles like Re4 and GOW 1 and 2 half assed which is very ignorant if u ask me...

and in any case didnt the media learn last time that this guy is to full of himself ...
i cant recall the date but he made a statement that tekken 1-5 were crap...

hes probbly jealous because in the 3d fighting world there aere 3 games that always get into a fight about which is better and that is tekken,Vritual fighter, and soul calibur....

i dont think doa should even be mentioned as a fighter because it has no depth in its gameplay...
its countering system is beyond cheap and its move list is pure buttonmash dont see how any one could like this game for the fighitng because by far ninja gaiden and DOA have the best physics of the breast bounce...

Got a ps3? add me PSN ID: Darklsins

...Click my Sig For One Piece...
Fight My Brute 
My YouTube Page
Play Battle of Wesnoth
ohmygod2k
浪人 (Ronin)
先生 (Sensei)

Succumb to the Desu~

Re: Heavenly Sword producer replys to Itagaki
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2007, 01:15:24 PM »

This is a little late response lol but personally, he is probably just doing this to generate news and get some coverage. Its all business.

Before you argue online, see this

No longer active..

Having file playback problems? Use CCCP codec pack www.cccp-project.net
VioletHeart
Insubstantial
浪人 (Ronin)
先輩 (Senpai)

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2007, 02:35:15 PM »

Yeah It@g@ki is a huge boobies addict and a mad person, once i heard he is involved with sexual harassment to one tecmo's female.He was riding with that female in a taxi since they two want leading to the same direction places, suddenly out of lightning struck he kisses that female's mouth and gropes her ehem ehem, so that female tried to fine him 10miliion in result of his obscene behaviour.

He got an idea to do DOA from fatal fury and all female character in DOA have mega bouncing boobies, he said he want to create such a detail effect in every characters, meh despite the smooth graphic in DOA francies games, it is ridiculous insanely to perform very easy combo with smashing any button you want, so DOA never in list of Tougeki matches *Annual of the fighting games competition hosted in Japan*.The players took part in competition come from every region in the world, their speed and reflexes are top in the world, they perform such a magnificent blaze combo as damaging as possible even though without any stock power.

I played DOA beach volleyball in XboX 360, this game has no purpose, all you can do is collecting bikinis, boobies capturing, butt battling, etc with perv mind.
darklsins
Nows the Time of Weakness...
浪人 (Ronin)
先輩 (Senpai)

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2007, 10:29:17 PM »

^I agree

but whts insanely funny is that back when tekken 1 or 2 (i forgot which) was released
itagaki released doa 1 and he was interviewed and he said that tekken was one of his favorite games and that his doa game was not up to standards against tekken....

I also played beach vollyball and it just seems like a really perverted game so in theory i guess i did play a hentai game xD

Got a ps3? add me PSN ID: Darklsins

...Click my Sig For One Piece...
Fight My Brute 
My YouTube Page
Play Battle of Wesnoth
Onii-Sama
Facebook is kyo.shr@gmail.com Add if you want.
浪人 (Ronin)
先生 (Sensei)

IRC Addict

« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2007, 03:37:51 AM »

Wasn't Heavenly sword a movie, lol, the name might be used for a lot of movies, since in those movies, some hero finds a Heavenly sword, grin

My steam ID is xXAkaneXx

Pages: [1]  
Anime Stash Community Forum  |  The Lounge  |  Technology & The Internet  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Heavenly Sword producer replys to Itagaki
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length