User Info
No avatar Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
September 22, 2018, 03:34:58 PM

Anime Stash Community Forum  |  Anime & Manga Discussion  |  Anime  |  Topic: Ask for Anime Recommendations HERE!!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 38

Author Topic: Ask for Anime Recommendations HERE!!  (Read 85557 times)
VioletHeart
Insubstantial
浪人 (Ronin)
先輩 (Senpai)

Ask for Anime Recommendations HERE!!
« on: July 12, 2007, 07:11:52 PM »

sora-sora: This thread has become the place where people ask for recommendations, instead of people
actively recommending something. So don't mind much what's written below.

grin

Yes seeing members like to recommend so this is where you can recommend an anime that you desire, or look for an anime that might appeal in eyes of your tastes.

Let see, you know the deal.Can you guys follow this methods to reveal your recommendations

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Title:
Name of the Anime you want to recommend.

Summary:
Explain what the story is about, but remember to avoid spoilers.

Details:
Target Audience, Genre type, Number of Episodes released, whether it is
complete or ongoing, and anything else that comes to mind which you think
might be important.

Why You Recommend It:
Yes sales pitch here and make sure or optional to comment
on the drawing/art style, plot style, and things like that, you
get the points

Opinions:
Rewatch value, deviation score, etc
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Notes

Repeat recommendations are fine and even encouraged, if you want to add your own opinions on the same anime

If it is to discuss the anime, it is probably better to do that in the respective sections (in anime's discussion thread or if haven't one for particular thread, fell free to create)

« Last Edit: May 26, 2012, 08:50:35 AM by sora-sora » Logged
VioletHeart
Insubstantial
浪人 (Ronin)
先輩 (Senpai)

Re: Animes recommendation thread
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2007, 02:50:42 PM »

Lemme start

Eyeshield 21

The main character is a boy named Sena Kobayakawa, who is very wimpy but also very fast *because the bullies in his school made him a gofer*. Sena gets to go to the high school of his choice, Deimon High School, along with his *over protective* childhood friend Mamori Anezaki after passing the entrance exam. Sena was forced *forced' may be too soft* into playing for the American football team as the team's running back by Youichi Hiruma, the team captain. To conceal Sena's identity (so that the other club don't recruit him), Hiruma made Sena wear eyeshield during the game, thus the name *eyeshield 21* ( note 21 is his number).Their goal is to enter the Christmas Bowl in the Autumn tournament, the problem is, the current official member of the Amefuto (american football) is only 3 person (including Sena), and the current year is the last chance for Hiruma and Kurita to enter the Christmas Bowl. And so the hunting for new member and the harsh training (believe me, it's harsh) begins

Targeting to all stage of ages but i'd say for 16++ as Hiruma uses a massive of weapon to recruit his team *he uses tank, bazooka,etc*, still ongoing

I'm recommending it because their captain Hiruma uses rampant ways to recruit/stick up his team together, and rewacth value for me is really high and the drawings is good and well choreographed.Okay, the main thing that makes me really likes this anime is because the team captain, Youchi Hiruma. This guy is very interesting (in evil way) by using all kind of method (most of them are kinda extreme) to recruit members. He is the kind of guy who plans far ahead, a good strategist, and badass, far from being naive. There are other interesting (should i say wierdly technique likes in pot such as devil bat ghost, mobile deck anchor and whatever) yeah like how the way the author matches every football team's name with their characters (cowboy, Egyptian, dinosaur) and their school surrounding matches also with the team's name like if taiyo sphix school *Egyptian* has a desert field for training as well as the weather in this school really hot

oh yeah i bought this series in DVD box sets till episode 104 so don't ask me where to get in the net world
ohmygod2k
浪人 (Ronin)
先生 (Sensei)

Succumb to the Desu~

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2007, 06:23:44 PM »

Title:
Claymore

Summary:
Claymores are half-human, half-demon people who work for an organisation. They are feared by the general public since they are still "half-demon". Series follows a Claymore named Clare's journey.

Details:
This is a pure action anime. Zero comedy and barely any elements of romance. Its still ongoing, people who are impatient may wish to wait for the series to complete. (Projected 24/26eps, current ~14) Since some episodes are really gripping and exciting. Anyone looking for a good action series should check it out.

Why You Recommend It:
Watch it and find out, I dont believe I've heard of any negative comments on it. At ALL.

Opinions:
Highly re-watchable for the fight scenes which are spectacular and great.

Before you argue online, see this

No longer active..

Having file playback problems? Use CCCP codec pack www.cccp-project.net
Val-Gaav
将軍 (Shogun)
神様 (Kami)

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2007, 02:47:48 PM »

Zero comedy and barely any elements of romance.
well not zero ... in fact SPOILER this was quite funny moment ... but yes those are moments that you can count on fingers of one hand .... so well yes it's close to zero...

Crest of the stars and banner of the stars saga

Genre
It's a space opera ... and i should say that it's one of the best in this genre...

Story
it takes part in future and resolves around conflict beetwen humankind and Abh (saying more would be a spoiler)....

Details
the very good parts of this show are :
-very real and complicated world with politics
-politics has a direct outcome on main characters yet they are unable to change their fate, they must follow the events that are set by the higher-ups.... once again it makes things realistic
-it has a romance element in it, and a pretty sweet one too.
- complicated and not plain characters. Ginto and Lafiel but not only as second plan character are also interesting.
- this series has

Ikalx
Oyaji
僧兵 (Sohei)
神様 (Kami)

Spirit Bandanna

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2007, 05:02:31 PM »

Ah crest of the stars was great, but something was lacking in the last paragraphs that didn't make it seem quite as...happy as it should have

Kurau - Phantom Memory

Genre
Near(ish) Future Sci-fi

Story
Basically, the events unfold ten years after a young girl is possessed by an energy entity at a lab where her father is researching the nature of 'Rynax' energy.

Details
It's a medium length anime with 24 episodes, and is generally suitable for all ages.
It's mostly slowly paced, with only a little combat and a stylish finish. It's more of a 'one or two episodes before bed' rather than a 'watch ten in a row' anime.

I'm going to cheat a little here, because not only is this one of my favourite anime's, it also has one of my favourite amv's (not to worry, there's not too many spoilers).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wEl-wtLoM4

suxer
来賓 (Raihin)

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2007, 12:20:54 AM »

I want recommend ...

UFO Ultramaiden Valkyrie

Genre
Comedy, Magical girl, Romance, Science Fiction

Story
Princess Valkyrie crashlands on Earth like any other alien, except she lands on Kazuto, a small time bath-house owner. To save him from death she gives him part of her soul. However loaning your soul does have its ups and downs. Having halved her soul Valkyrie has reverted into her child self. Kazuto and friends, with a spaceship crashed on his bath-house, must now deal with everyday challenges and trouble while trying to figure out how to get Valkyrie back to normal... including more crash landings.

Details
Despite his parents' protests,Kazuto Tokino has taken it upon himself to run his late grandfather's bathhouse. But with no previous management experience, Kazuto must reply on his sunny disposition to keep his new business afloat. And when the alien Princess Valkyrie destroys the bathhouse,mortally wounding Kazuto in the precess,
dark clouds seem poised to rain on his parade of optimism.  With a magical kiss, the princess saves Kazuto/s life, but at a grave cost to her own:transformed into an 8 year old, she is stranded on Earth, unable to fend for herself.

Why You Recommend It:
It is a good love romance story and i think that ; to Princess Valkyrie that is no matter what happen to she, she will saved Kazuto ..
« Last Edit: July 26, 2007, 04:59:27 PM by ohmygod2k » Logged
vishu
livin in dreamz
後輩 (Kohai)

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2007, 09:09:39 PM »

i'm not gonna be recommendin one anime, here r a few really good animes i recommend ppl to watch.

1. Hajime No Ippo

Genre : sports(boxin),comedy
one of the best sports related anime i have watched.

story :
Ippo is a kid whos bullied in the school and he's scared to fight back. but he doesnt like to hear a bad word bout his mother. his dad died some time ago and his mom runs a fishin boat i presume. so one day when hes gettin beated up , a guy comes to his rescue. this guy is a professional boxer and ippo decides to learn boxin. this is the story of that kid growin up to become a professional boxer meetin some really good boxers and friends on his way to the glory.and oh yea, he finds a girlfriend too Smiley

target audience : i can say 16+, has some scenes which r actually inappropriate for kids.

details : the animation is not at all bad . its better than most of the other series i have watched.the music is good to hear, especially the openin and endin themes.
total no of episodes bein 76 + 2 movies . the manga is around 780 chaps ongoin.

reasons for recommendin this anime :
bein an anime fan for over 10 yrs , i was bored with the usual super powers or fantasy related animes and tried to watch a sports genre anime even though i hated sports genred ones. when i heard of this anime i thought it wudnt be good, but once i watched the first ep it pulled me into it.there was no lookin back.if ur someone lookin for somethin to entertain urself , then this is one such anime. the characters from the series are all humanistic and realistic. u wil laugh ur ass off at times and keep ur fingers crossed durin those fights.
the  dubbed version is by far the best i have seen along with dbz.

2. Berserk

genre: action, gore, mature,fantasy.
by far the bloodiest anime & manga series i have watched.

story :
gatsu is a swordsman who likes to swing his really long sword and kill ne enemy he faces. as a kid he's experienced a lot of pain in life and thus he doesnt care much for his life. he comes across a band of thieves called as "Band  Of Hawk". he faces the leader of the band called griffith and later joins the band since he's defeated at the hands of griffith. griffith wants to become a ruler and own a country and gatsu is ready to support him in all ways. gatsu later finds love in one of the member of the gang called caska - a boyish girl, but who really cares a lot for the band. their journey reaches its destiny almost, but their fates r sealed as not all things r under the control of humans. griffith has a locket around his neck called the " egg of the king". gatsu and griffith meet a demon called zodd and get beaten up well.but zodd looks at the locket and leaves them with a warnin. certain inhuman things happen later which brings the anime into an ENDIN WHICH CAN NEVER BE FOUND IN ANY OTHER ANIME. will gatsu,griffith and his friends find their dreams come true?

target audience : this anime is no way suitable for under 16. simple reason bein the gore, blood fest,nudity,scenes depictin sex and demons eatin ppl Smiley

details : the animation is not bad , but its a bit of an old anime so it aint as flashy as the new animes.total no of episodes r 25 and the manga is ongoin with 288 chaps out i believe. the music is something which u can never get over with. u'll wanna listen to 2 of those osts over and over again. its been around 6 months since i watched the series and i still listen to em almost everyday.

reasons for recommendin:
the main character gatsu is no way like the typical anime heroes u find. kind, innocent and never kill neone minded ones. this guy likes to kill and his long sword is one of the wonderful things i have watched in any animes. and the second thing is the story. it seems so simple and plain in the beginin, with normal sword fights and killings involved. but later on in the series u'll find demons and a lot of ppl dyin( u'll actually see a demon in the very first ep).and the third reason is the endin of the anime. the last three of the series turns the whole of the anime upside down.

sidenotes : u'll have to read the manga incase u wanna know wat goes on after the point where anime ends, and the anime is pretty much chopped up version of the manga, its better u start the manga from the first chapter to find some more interstin things.

for the time being these r my recommendations, i am done though. i am tired now, i wil be back with few more later. c ya until then
Phalanx000

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2007, 03:28:15 AM »

Title  :  Detective Conan (Seasons 5 - Current)

Plot Summary:
Kudo Shinichi is a seventeen year-old high school detective whom people call the "Modern Sherlock Holmes." However, one night after a date with his childhood sweetheart, Ran, Shinichi witnessed an illegal trade and, caught off his guard, was knocked unconscious and fed a drug that was supposed to kill him... but he woke up and found himself shrunken to a seven year-old. In order to track down the men who did this to him, Shinichi hid his identity and lived with Ran, whose father happened to be a hopeless detective, and with that came a series of murders and mysteries that he must solve.

Details: Demographic - Shonen
             Genre - Mystery, Romance, Action

Target Audience - 10 +

Total number of episodes :  485 - ongoing / 11 movies / 7 OVAs

Why I recommend it :
A very good anime that everyone should watch.

Note:
I know you already have eps 1-174 but I don't know why it isn't on the ongoing section. Please don't stop uploading.
suxer
来賓 (Raihin)

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2007, 03:47:40 AM »

I want recommend ...

E's Otherwise

Genre
Adventure, Comedy, Drama, Military, Science Fiction, Shounen, Supernatural
Its a complete series, total of 26 episodes

Age Rating
For 14, 15 years old in other words, is for Teenagers...

Story
Kai, who has powers different from the rest, together with his sickly sister Hikaru was protected by an organization called ASHURUM. Scouted by Eiji, Kai was delegated to the ASHURUM special force AESES and undergo intensive training. Whenever he was free, Kai visited Hikaru at the hospital belongs to the organization, but Hikaru's condition never improved. So, one year later, with amazing growth from the intensive training, Kai decides to escape from the organization.

Why You Recommend It:
i think this is a good anime bcos is about powers.... and how kai wanted to save his sickly sister and the organization will find kai at all costs...
Kei Kusanagi
Our Savior, Our Kami-Sama
後輩 (Kohai)

gero~gero~

« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2007, 10:19:48 PM »

Title
Elfen Lied

Summary

The Diclonius, a mutated homo sapien that is said to be selected by God and will eventually become the destruction of mankind, possesses two horns in their heads, and has a "sixth sense" which gives it telekinetic abilities. Due to this dangerous power, they have been captured and isolated in laboratories by the government. Lucy, a young and psychotic Diclonius, manages to break free of her confines and brutally murder most of the guards in the laboratory, only to get shot in the head as she makes her escape. She survives and manages to drift along to a beach, where two teenagers named Kouta and Yuka discovers her. Having lost her memories, she was named after the only thing that she can now say, "Nyuu," and the two allow her to stay at Kouta's home. However, it appears that the evil "Lucy" is not dead just yet...

Genre
Gore, Romance, Horror, Science Fiction, Drama

Age Rating
Teens -> Mature

Why i should Recommend this anime?
   I would like to recommend this anime to those who love romance, gore and Drama more than anything else. This anime is a complete master-piece if you ask me. It has around 12 episodes + 1 OAV, a total of 13 episodes. The reason why this anime is so good is because this anime has a really put out story line. Maybe the Best one out there,  the characters are well drawned out and the censored nudity will please you. Besides the Nudity and the characters, the action scenes are really well played out. It is truely the anime for everyone grin

alfren
新米 (Shinmai)

yo!

« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2007, 06:17:40 AM »

Title:
Inukami

Summary:
Inukami are demons with the apearence of a dog which protect the humans from other demons. However, Keita, a descendant of a historic Inukami-tamer family, lacked their gift, and so he was forsaken by the family. One day, an Inukami named Yoko came in to his life, and from then on, Keita's life would never be the same. Although Yoko was really beautiful, she was a problematic Inukami that no one had been able to control, and from that moment the endless train of Keita's embarrassments was without end.

Details:
Comedy, Romance, Shounen, Supernatural

Why You Recommend It:
it's a great anime with a lot of comedy scenes ^_^

« Last Edit: August 20, 2008, 04:08:01 PM by Val-Gaav » Logged
kaw kaw chapdong
anime+Jdrama=japanese
オタク (Otaku)

harima kenji

« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2007, 10:33:58 PM »

title
murder princess

summary
a story about a girl and her team of bounty hunter

genre
spice of life

age rating
general view

why i recommend this anime
i love the princess... she's very cute

my harima kenji sig and avatar are specially designed by Darklsins
Kei Kusanagi
Our Savior, Our Kami-Sama
後輩 (Kohai)

gero~gero~

« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2007, 11:53:50 PM »

title
murder princess

summary
a story about a girl and her team of bounty hunter

genre
spice of life

age rating
general view

why i recommend this anime
i love the princess... she's very cute
thats really short could you extend it ? Tongue with more details

pranta0013
Boku Desu
来賓 (Raihin)

Boku Desu

« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2007, 05:23:23 AM »

Title:
Hajime no Ippo

Summary:

Hmm ... the story is about a boy who finds that learning boxing is fun and so he join a boxing team and then aim for the highest on the boxing

Details:

I think it is watchable for 15+ and it's a Shounen anime . It's an action anime ... along with lots of fun .. a little ignorable romance and a lot excitment.
It has 74/76 episodes. and One movie and a OVA.

Why I Recommend It:
I really liked watching it. It's a good sports anime. .. maybe the best out there.The actions are too good ... actually I learned a lot about boxing ... and after watching it I started to sparing for several days grin .... so you can guess how much it gets you involve you in it.

Opinions:

It's watchable as many time as you want ... cuz you won't get bored of it. I wish it had another season ... but too bad for me it doesn't. I wish you all watch it .

Don't you ever look into the dream
Everything is nothing but something is green
Then, when you start to feel cool
All on a sudden it makes you a fool.
ohmygod2k
浪人 (Ronin)
先生 (Sensei)

Succumb to the Desu~

« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2007, 03:40:27 PM »

Title:
Darker than Black

Summary:
The emergences of gates have lead to the creation of contractors. The anime follows about a powerful contractor learning more about himself and his lost past dealing with one of the sealed gates; The detective who is constantly attempting to find out more about him.

Genres: Drama, Mystery, Science Fiction, Supernatural

Why You Recommend It:
While action isnt listed, because it isnt a big part of the show the action is decent. The animation is good, plot is slow and a little frustrating at the start but eventually develops pretty well. It provides plenty of food for thought about how people view and see things. Will be good for those who like to think and learn.

Opinions:
Probably not too much re-watch value, as its more centered on plot. I think the characters are great, which with their values, past and agenda. Some pretty sad, it has its sweet moments. Not sure if it is considered a spoiler
« Last Edit: October 11, 2007, 05:54:27 PM by ohmygod2k » Logged

Before you argue online, see this

No longer active..

Having file playback problems? Use CCCP codec pack www.cccp-project.net

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 38  
Anime Stash Community Forum  |  Anime & Manga Discussion  |  Anime  |  Topic: Ask for Anime Recommendations HERE!!
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length