User Info
No avatar Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
December 07, 2019, 07:08:57 AM

Anime Stash Community Forum  |  The Lounge  |  Technology & The Internet  |  Gaming  |  Topic: AniStasher PSP Gamer's (Official) Lounge
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 55

Author Topic: AniStasher PSP Gamer's (Official) Lounge  (Read 136665 times)
dothackjhe
http://ouo.io/QUm2kQ
先輩 (Senpai)

Re: AniStasher PSP Gamer's (Official) Lounge
« Reply #45 on: April 27, 2012, 07:00:38 AM »

I wanted to learn to understand and read Japanese texts too as well as the language itself, but I'd find it difficult to do so as there only few people who knew it in our country. Learning it for free also is not an option. Aside from those, the time to actually learn it is out of hand. .

arudoshirogane
Shin Sukebe
先輩 (Senpai)

So, Boku wa sukebe, nani ga mondai arimasu ka?

« Reply #46 on: April 27, 2012, 07:19:31 AM »

I'm agree that storyline is everything grin but sometimes (and it happen a LOTS of times tongue ) some great game in terms of gameplay, graphic, and sound are never going to be "officially" translated (I'm glad Fate/Extra CCC will be translated undecided ) like SRW series, Tales of Phantasia Narikiri Dungeon X, Valkyria Chronicle 3, and even the great Final Fantasy Type-O is rumored don't have an English version

Times like that are what make us (including me cool ) gamer with non-japanese-languange-skill sacrificed the story for the gameplay

And for me, if the game is full-voiced I'm still have general idea of what's happening in the story
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 07:23:22 AM by arudoshirogane » Logged

~pap pap parap pap pap pap~
Aveilein
Lolicon
内弟子 (Deshi)
神様 (Kami)

Not me obviously

« Reply #47 on: April 27, 2012, 07:23:10 AM »

lol, yeah, I'm still curious why type-0 won't have any localization

it's not like FF game at all,
but you know, the gameplay and the story of type-0 is pretty good~

arudoshirogane
Shin Sukebe
先輩 (Senpai)

« Reply #48 on: April 27, 2012, 07:40:40 AM »

I don't know sad maybe budget problem or other annoying adult problem
Final Fantasy Type-O is a real mystery if we're talking about language localization

dothackjhe
先輩 (Senpai)

« Reply #49 on: April 27, 2012, 08:18:21 AM »

Not sure how true is this, but I read somewhere that Final Fantasy Type-0 will have an English localization. It could either or both be in PSP and / or PS Vita. Some argues that it were to be translated, it will go to Vita. That statement popped up when someone asked in a forum whether any translators are planning to translate the game. Personally, I think it would take them months or even a year translating the game even as a group due to the game's massive texts that often is the case on other PSP titles that's why they won't get translations by these translators in the PSP scene. .
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 08:20:22 AM by dothackjhe » Logged

arudoshirogane
Shin Sukebe
先輩 (Senpai)

« Reply #50 on: April 27, 2012, 08:29:32 AM »

Yep, that's why I said "rumored" and "real mystery"

But for great games like FF Type-O, I won't play it even if it's "patched-translated". It's a BIG game, I'm sure that something wrong will appear in-game if it were patched-translated undecided
Let us pray that Square-Enix actually care about us
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 08:31:44 AM by arudoshirogane » Logged

dothackjhe
先輩 (Senpai)

« Reply #51 on: April 27, 2012, 08:35:33 AM »

We're not sure what's really causing the delay for its localization. It would be childish to assume that the reason being that the title is poorly received on the part of the audiences when in fact it's of the contrary. I'm thinking it got money issues since it's business. The Japanese developers and the company itself must have perceived it won't be selling much overseas thanks to global recession; I don't know for sure. All I know is I support most Square Enix titles though I don't mean that as a consumer but rather as a fan.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 08:37:07 AM by dothackjhe » Logged

arudoshirogane
Shin Sukebe
先輩 (Senpai)

« Reply #52 on: April 27, 2012, 08:43:47 AM »

Speaking about "Well-received" game which doesn't get a language-localization, I'm still wondering till today why the hell VALKYRIA CHRONICLE 3 didn't have a US/NA version?! angry
The prequel, VC2, have it! So why?! Why I'd ask?! cry

dothackjhe
先輩 (Senpai)

« Reply #53 on: April 27, 2012, 08:53:51 AM »

Lol. You're not alone with those questions. I read somewhere from a person who played the game that VC3 is better than its prequel overall and would make sales the same way VC2 did, in theory at least.

arudoshirogane
Shin Sukebe
先輩 (Senpai)

« Reply #54 on: April 27, 2012, 01:53:42 PM »

Just now I was playing Pursuit Force : Extreme Justice, cause I was tired playing "only-God-know-when-is-the-final-stage" game called SRW rolleyes
If I were to describe Pursuit Force in one word, well it's... extreme cheesy
I can't praise that game except for its full-packed action, other than that this game can just swim with the fishes tongue

Next game to try is CD : Contagion
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 01:55:42 PM by arudoshirogane » Logged

entity
侍 (Samurai)
神様 (Kami)

Wanna dance?

« Reply #55 on: April 27, 2012, 06:31:52 PM »

VC2 sold like crap here... thats why. PSP games in general dont sell at all in the US.

Type-0 will most probably be getting a NA Vita version. It hasn't been confirmed, but all signs are pointing to that. SE wouldn't waste money on localizing a big game for the PSP, it just wont sell here.

If you want to do something, do it now. If you wait until tomorrow to start doing it, maybe you don't actually want to do it!

My blog:  Artificial
Reality

New!! Animestash Chat Sessions on Saturday, 4:00 PM GMT : Come Join Us!

Frosty
Retired
浪人 (Ronin)
神様 (Kami)

Hmm

« Reply #56 on: April 27, 2012, 06:43:06 PM »

i still have my old somewhat broken psp thats battery wont work so need a psp charger to use it while connected to my pc monitor for video out (screens kinda jacked up)
still love playing god eater on it

The End is merely a Beginning of a New Journey
arudoshirogane
Shin Sukebe
先輩 (Senpai)

« Reply #57 on: April 28, 2012, 01:43:07 AM »

VC2 sold like crap here... thats why. PSP games in general dont sell at all in the US.

Type-0 will most probably be getting a NA Vita version. It hasn't been confirmed, but all signs are pointing to that. SE wouldn't waste money on localizing a big game for the PSP, it just wont sell here.
ahh, so in US VC series dont sell well, well I guess that's explain something undecided the truth sure is cruel
So if the first series didn't sell well in english-languaged countries even with the english version, they wont do a translated version for the sequel? huh Is that how it works?
So what about Fate/Extra? huh kinda hard to believe Fate/Extra sold better than VC2 rolleyes

i still have my old somewhat broken psp thats battery wont work so need a psp charger to use it while connected to my pc monitor for video out (screens kinda jacked up)
still love playing god eater on it
grin my current PSP battery also jacked up, need a charger to play my PSP cheesy so it's not so "portable" anymore
fortunately the screen still works fine evil
Was it because you're PSP condition like that so you decide to buy Vita? huh
« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 01:54:45 AM by arudoshirogane » Logged

Frosty
Retired
浪人 (Ronin)
神様 (Kami)

Hmm

« Reply #58 on: April 28, 2012, 01:47:08 AM »

if i had a ps3 i would purchase n transfer VC2 to my vita huh oddly its not on the vitas psn grrr even though it has camera controls for the right thumb stick

The End is merely a Beginning of a New Journey
Aveilein
Lolicon
内弟子 (Deshi)
神様 (Kami)

Not me obviously

« Reply #59 on: April 28, 2012, 11:43:09 AM »

Vita? forget playing type-0 with my friend then :yaoming:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 55  
Anime Stash Community Forum  |  The Lounge  |  Technology & The Internet  |  Gaming  |  Topic: AniStasher PSP Gamer's (Official) Lounge
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length