User Info
No avatar Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
September 22, 2018, 04:09:15 PM

Anime Stash Community Forum  |  Anime & Manga Discussion  |  Anime  |  Topic: Let's Talk About BD
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 13

Author Topic: Let's Talk About BD  (Read 60559 times)
sora-sora
Person of Contradiction
浪人 (Ronin)
神様 (Kami)

»Sometimes,WeDo TheWrongThings ForTheRightReasons«

Re: Let's Talk About BD
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2011, 12:10:54 PM »

that's a lot...makes me want to download them for collection's sake...well, it's a long way before the current ongoings get completed, so i might as well use this time to get 'em....i'll go update the list above...
___
Sora no Manimani [BD] is not yet in the DB...
Toaru Majutsu no Index is spelled To Aru Majutsu no Index...so if people searched for toaru, they wouldn't find the first season...although it is properly linked in the second season..
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 12:17:34 PM by phoenixsora2 » Logged

Just a strider.
What makes a place rotten is the people living in it.
Ein
Producer
浪人 (Ronin)
神様 (Kami)

2d idols r great

« Reply #16 on: October 14, 2011, 01:07:18 PM »

Puella magi madoka magica BD
different background setting, higher quality. lots of change, but all of it only change in the background design. like how they made mami's empty room to a cute girly setting

“In that moment, I understood that life is a journey. Every turn in the path leads to new scenery. My footprints exist on that path, and as to whether they are deep or shallow, it doesn’t matter. All the decisions were mine to make.

“Heaven and Earth are just resting places for the myriads of living creatures. Time represents the passage of hundreds of generations of passing travelers.”
- Meng Hao
sora-sora
Person of Contradiction
浪人 (Ronin)
神様 (Kami)

« Reply #17 on: October 14, 2011, 01:47:56 PM »

I'll add that in the list.  I think its page needs to be renamed though.  Isn't Puella Magi Madoka Magica more used as the title?

Just a strider.
Ein
Producer
浪人 (Ronin)
神様 (Kami)

2d idols r great

« Reply #18 on: October 14, 2011, 01:58:54 PM »

dunno, i prefer mahou shoujo

“In that moment, I understood that life is a journey. Every turn in the path leads to new scenery. My footprints exist on that path, and as to whether they are deep or shallow, it doesn’t matter. All the decisions were mine to make.

“Heaven and Earth are just resting places for the myriads of living creatures. Time represents the passage of hundreds of generations of passing travelers.”
- Meng Hao
sora-sora
Person of Contradiction
浪人 (Ronin)
神様 (Kami)

« Reply #19 on: October 14, 2011, 02:08:46 PM »

I don't really mind either myself. (^^,

Just a strider.
dextrometofan
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
浪人 (Ronin)
神様 (Kami)

ahahaha~♪♫

« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2011, 07:14:15 PM »

UGh, i think I haven't added railgun to db too >.>

aku hanyalah orang bodoh yang dengan bodohnya melakukan hal-hal bodoh dan atas nama kebodohan

the world nobody knows

sora-sora
Person of Contradiction
浪人 (Ronin)
神様 (Kami)

« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2011, 05:23:45 AM »

I'll go download it once you add it wink

Anyways, for those who encoded the BDs, do you remember noticing anything different from the TV broadcast version?  Something like the episode is longer.  Or there was an extra scene.  Something like that....

Just a strider.
DeadHungryKat
Osu~
将軍 (Shogun)
神様 (Kami)

"Quality is my motto. It's my other half."

« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2011, 05:27:30 AM »

Of course, there is.. It won't be blu-ray if it had no differences from TV..
Aside from quality, there is the adding of random characters, modifying the background, adding of scenes, karaoke if there's none on TV, accurate TL, and what's more? I think changing of scenariore-animation is also involved.. Like what happened to Bakemonogatari..

Saving anime from the clutches of money-ripping series providers. Hater of shitty Horriblesubs/Crunchyroll.
Ein
Producer
浪人 (Ronin)
神様 (Kami)

2d idols r great

« Reply #23 on: October 15, 2011, 05:53:42 AM »

TL= translation?
if TL..i cant say for sure, it can be better, so so, or can even go worse

- Meng Hao
sora-sora
Person of Contradiction
浪人 (Ronin)
神様 (Kami)

« Reply #24 on: October 15, 2011, 06:10:51 AM »

I was thinking more content-wise.  I don't mind translation that much since I can get the basic thought with my own knowledge of the language.  But that's just me.

Well, like what I said in the intro, let's talk about specific differences in specific titles. grin

Just a strider.
DeadHungryKat
Osu~
将軍 (Shogun)
神様 (Kami)

"Quality is my motto. It's my other half."

« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2011, 07:50:23 AM »

TL= translation?
if TL..i cant say for sure, it can be better, so so, or can even go worse

Blu-ray tends to correct the TL they ripped from TV fansubs.. They ought to be better since they are re-doing.. Blu-ray should've have been better at TL since if their quality is better, how come the TL is poor? That'll be absurd since they are re-doing the said series for the better.. Although sometimes, it is in color yellow.. XD pretty much the same as DVD ripped subtitles..

Saving anime from the clutches of money-ripping series providers. Hater of shitty Horriblesubs/Crunchyroll.
sora-sora
Person of Contradiction
浪人 (Ronin)
神様 (Kami)

« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2011, 09:40:25 AM »

All right.  Time to add some new info.
I started re-watching K-ON!
I must say...great job dex.  The file size is around 70MB with a resolution of 1024 x 576.  I downloaded my TV broadcast version directly from Chihiro so I can't compare with what astash has right now.  Anyways, despite the smaller file size (my copy from chihiro has 120mb/epi..ordered chaptering and separate OP/ED) and greater resolution (chihiro: 853 x 480), the vid quality is definitely better than the TV broadcast.  Here are a couple of comparisons.  (For those who don't know yet, I prefer putting clickable thumbnails rather than the full-size image...so just click on the thumbnails to view the pics in full size).
TV:

BD:

TV:

BD:

Aside from the noticeable better quality despite the smaller file size, the OP and ED are creditless.  So, if there's a scene you like, you can just turn off the subtitles and take a snapshot.

You also wouldn't see the watermark of the TV station (?) on the top-right corner.

I'll be waiting for the rest of the BD of the second season. grin

EDIT:
I forgot to mention.  It's not a big deal really.  You probably wouldn't even notice it.  The karaoke subs are faulty.  You know how the subs change color in accordance with the song?  I also think the translation is not good here and there.
Ex.
Mio-chwan = Mio Dearest
cabbage ume~ = Damn cabbage! (what the heck...)
« Last Edit: October 18, 2011, 10:34:49 AM by phoenixsora2 » Logged

Just a strider.
Ikalx
Oyaji
僧兵 (Sohei)
神様 (Kami)

Spirit Bandanna

« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2011, 06:58:21 PM »

I don't want to arbitrarily move this, but I feel it should be in the "technology & the internet" section.

That is all.

dextrometofan
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
浪人 (Ronin)
神様 (Kami)

ahahaha~♪♫

« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2011, 08:04:04 PM »

@phoenixsora2,
I won't compromise about quality in my BD tagged ep, prefer do it slowly than rush mode
I'm waiting for thora, they said it's on progress and not in their droplist, they drop 3 series recently
I use best metode I know (u will notice i use different setting on different series) and best sources I can get , it's up to 1.5 GB/ep sources. heck I download SnO forte @ 2.5 GB/ep and FSN/UBW 11 GB, oh my Hard drives TAT

aku hanyalah orang bodoh yang dengan bodohnya melakukan hal-hal bodoh dan atas nama kebodohan

the world nobody knows

sora-sora
Person of Contradiction
浪人 (Ronin)
神様 (Kami)

« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2011, 11:28:44 PM »

huwaw....your efforts are indeed commendable... grin

I don't want to arbitrarily move this, but I feel it should be in the "technology & the internet" section.

That is all.
Hmmmm...we're not talking about BD in general here though.  If you read my intro I think you would understand.

Just a strider.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 13  
Anime Stash Community Forum  |  Anime & Manga Discussion  |  Anime  |  Topic: Let's Talk About BD
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length