User Info
No avatar Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
February 25, 2018, 01:55:39 PM

Anime Stash Community Forum  |  Anime & Manga Discussion  |  Anime  |  Topic: Talk Anime Here
Pages: 1 ... 341 342 343 [344]

Author Topic: Talk Anime Here  (Read 251749 times)
DeadHungryKat
Osu~
将軍 (Shogun)
神様 (Kami)

"Quality is my motto. It's my other half."

Re: Talk Anime Here
« Reply #5145 on: February 03, 2018, 12:40:19 AM »

Hahaha, the newer TVs can play mine though XD
But yeah, I never encode for the sake of TV viewing anyway. First, TV can't render styling unless it's hardsubbed. Second, TV is pretty high on pixel density so bit-starved mini-encodes would look like crap on them and third, it needs an audio which is about 128 bitrates+ to sound good, so no. I'm already good with a computer screen and occasional smartphone viewing.

Saving anime from the clutches of money-ripping series providers. Hater of shitty Horriblesubs/Crunchyroll.
Lord
Lord
後輩 (Kohai)

Shall I grant your wish?

« Reply #5146 on: February 14, 2018, 12:17:49 AM »

Talking about horrible or well..bad subs..I have an episode of school rumble that spelled karasuma kun as kamasutra kun!
I downloaded one with better subs, but I still keep that one cause sometimes it just is more funny that way

When Dreams Come True and Wishes are Fulfilled, There Will Always be a Price to Pay
DeadHungryKat
Osu~
将軍 (Shogun)
神様 (Kami)

"Quality is my motto. It's my other half."

« Reply #5147 on: February 14, 2018, 01:41:51 AM »

Hahaha, Kamasutra! That's dope!

For what it's worth, Horriblesubs' worst aspect is their video. The script can be edited, but the video can't be fixed even with the best encoding scheme. A simple analogy would be, if the video source is awful, then even with the best settings, it'll still be horrible. So, with Horriblesubs', it's always a double-kill KO, a horrendous video plus that terrible script.

Saving anime from the clutches of money-ripping series providers. Hater of shitty Horriblesubs/Crunchyroll.

Pages: 1 ... 341 342 343 [344]  
Anime Stash Community Forum  |  Anime & Manga Discussion  |  Anime  |  Topic: Talk Anime Here
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length