User Info
No avatar Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
December 07, 2019, 10:04:43 AM

Anime Stash Community Forum  |  The Lounge  |  Technology & The Internet  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Nintendo WIIu
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Nintendo WIIu  (Read 2553 times)
Chung Seiker
Guardian
先輩 (Senpai)

Yeah.... Lets start..

Nintendo WIIu
« on: June 07, 2011, 07:40:06 PM »

im sorry nothing else to say
that whole video had me shaking with excitement. so many good games coming and in hi-df, the new contrroller is epic
thats called saving as much money as i can to buy as many games as i can
http://e3.nintendo.com/hw/
im going to drop as much money as i can save on this
other e3 nintendo news at
e3.nintendo.com
« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 07:41:46 PM by Chung Seiker » Logged

Creitrod
The Third
浪人 (Ronin)
神様 (Kami)

Ghost of the Past

Re: Nintendo WIIu
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2011, 08:51:27 PM »

isn't that what you said for the 3DS. Tongue did you ever get it?

Disappearance of Creitrod
entity
侍 (Samurai)
神様 (Kami)

Wanna dance?

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2011, 08:53:27 PM »

eh really? there really wasnt any game they talked about for the WiiU that got me excited.

If they make an Okami sequel for this though, I'm sold.

3DS was pretty unimpressive this E3, i really thought they would have announced more. The vita looks much more interesting now, especially with that price. I'll get both eventually, but I think I might just get the Vita first. ALthough that really depends upon launch games.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 08:57:07 PM by entity » Logged

If you want to do something, do it now. If you wait until tomorrow to start doing it, maybe you don't actually want to do it!

My blog:  Artificial
Reality

New!! Animestash Chat Sessions on Saturday, 4:00 PM GMT : Come Join Us!

Chung Seiker
Guardian
先輩 (Senpai)

Yeah.... Lets start..

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2011, 09:19:48 PM »

long time ago. but when i was moving back home from my aunts house for summer break i left it >.> its a japanese 3ds so i order my games from jap (stujpid region lock)

eh really? there really wasnt any game they talked about for the WiiU that got me excited.

If they make an Okami sequel for this though, I'm sold.
so none of the EA games got you excited to see on the wii in hi-def gfx?
developers are finally showing nintendo the love it deserves

entity
侍 (Samurai)
神様 (Kami)

Wanna dance?

« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2011, 09:51:10 PM »

well those are just promises, they havent really shown anything to get excited about. and the titles they did confirm (ninja gaiden 3, metro, tekken, etc) are all series I am only marginally interested in.

i will probably get this somewhere down the line, but not for a long while thats for sure. I still dont even have a Wii : P

I think now though I am most probably gonna get a Wii. I dont want to miss The Last Story or Pandora's tower which look like they actually might be decent JRPGs which have been sorely lacking this generation. And its been a long time since I've played a console zelda, so I should get it at least for Skyward Sword, even though I havent really been interested in what I have seen of it so far.

If you want to do something, do it now. If you wait until tomorrow to start doing it, maybe you don't actually want to do it!

Reality

Chung Seiker
Guardian
先輩 (Senpai)

Yeah.... Lets start..

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2011, 10:00:21 PM »

I still dont even have a Wii : P
this explains it all
no wonder your not as excited as the rest of the wii communitry. most of us are just happy to see nintendo finally grow up and embrace the M rated game genre. mot just scare tactics in fatal frame or pseudo blood in madworld. im going to be doing everything in my power to pre-order a wiiU.

i like the more rounded appeareance and space age design of the wiiU compared to the wii's boxy one. the tv to tablet gaming is a real eye catcher for those moments when something you want to watch is on but you still want to game. PIP (picture in picture, not sure if its even in use anymore) wasnt anyhwere near that. =D nintendo was all an innovator in the industry now they really outdone themselves.

truthfully i had already givin up on gaming =/ other than a few mmo's here and there in the past 3yrs i havent played much, just rediscovered the joy of my wii.

all in all nintendo captured my heart again
\o yea baby
Supports 1080p, 1080i, 720p, 480p and 480i. Compatible cables include HDMI, component, S-video and composite.
Storage:
The console will have internal flash memory, as well as the option to expand its memory using either an SD memory card or an external USB hard disk drive.

major drawback of the wii was memory
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 02:36:05 PM by Chung Seiker » Logged

Anti-Stash
先輩 (Senpai)

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2011, 04:59:06 PM »

Chung Seiker
Guardian
先輩 (Senpai)

Yeah.... Lets start..

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2011, 05:17:13 PM »

while thats slightly disappointing i agree. i already own a dvd/blu-ray player. heck i even have my original homebrewed  wii to play dvds if push comes to shove

besides no "upfront" dvd playback (cause im sure it has the dvd compat like the original did. the code was there homebrewers just actovated) is better for us means we get to keep the nintendo cheap price
« Last Edit: June 15, 2011, 05:19:10 PM by Chung Seiker » Logged

entity
侍 (Samurai)
神様 (Kami)

Wanna dance?

« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2011, 11:02:36 PM »

Supports 1080p, 1080i, 720p, 480p and 480i. Compatible cables include HDMI, component, S-video and composite.
Storage:
The console will have internal flash memory, as well as the option to expand its memory using either an SD memory card or an external USB hard disk drive.

major drawback of the wii was memory

See thats the thing, this is what the ps3 has had since launch and that was 5 years ago XD

I still want a Wii, though I'm waiting for some official announcements of localizations of xenoblade, last story and pandora's tower.

Reality

Chung Seiker
Guardian
先輩 (Senpai)

Yeah.... Lets start..

« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2011, 11:16:33 PM »

yea well we all can't start with everything can we lol

and same i have the xenoblade gamespot page bookmarked so i know when it comes out

Pages: [1]  
Anime Stash Community Forum  |  The Lounge  |  Technology & The Internet  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Nintendo WIIu
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length