User Info
No avatar Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
December 12, 2018, 04:30:45 PM

Anime Stash Community Forum  |  Anime & Manga Discussion  |  Anime  |  Topic: Hajime No Ippo Season 3
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Hajime No Ippo Season 3  (Read 11301 times)
DeadHungryKat
Osu~
将軍 (Shogun)
神様 (Kami)

"Quality is my motto. It's my other half."

Re: Hajime No Ippo Season 3
« Reply #15 on: February 23, 2014, 04:30:37 AM »

So sad... I have a lot of respect for Eagle and its so vexing he was so misinterpreted by many...
Many think he was just a clean fighter, but he's out to prove his strength. While Takamura has no ill intentions, I still want to see a different outcome if possible.

Takamura wants to win which is the right thing but Eagle is also searching for his true strength which is not a wrong thing... Kuuuh, too bad the next episode is the end of the Takamura-Eagle arc.

Saving anime from the clutches of money-ripping series providers. Hater of shitty Horriblesubs/Crunchyroll.
ametaratsu
I will be Harem King
神様 (Kami)

Is that a killing intent

« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2014, 12:08:20 PM »

well if worst come's to worst we always have the MANGA!!!

do you have the guts?? http://yukala03.mybrute.com
DeadHungryKat
Osu~
将軍 (Shogun)
神様 (Kami)

« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2014, 03:24:34 PM »

It ends!
I didn't really feel much guts and glory style in the recent Hajime no Ippo(s)...
Honestly, setting aside from the arts/animation, both of the sequels especially this Rising pales in comparison to the original Hajime no Ippo.

The recent formula of having Ippo fight in the first episodes, then Takamura on the last arcs feels very weird. I mean, yeah, Takamura's fights are awesome but Ippo should be the highlight of this series. Ippo vs Shimabukuro was really nothing exciting, it ends bland. Ippo vs Sawamura is awesome but for me, it should've been the ending highlight instead of having the David Eagle vs Takamura arc.

But anyways, all ends well as they say. The last arc about Coach Kamogawa and Nekota's prime years of boxing had really outstanding animation. Nekota, for instance have been really depicted as a Miyata-like boxer. Peerless, talented, beautiful boxing paired with animalistic instincts. Kamogawa on the other hand, is a gutful, never-say-die, hard-approach boxing with nerves of steel. No wonder, Ippo have a lot in common with Coach's style of boxing.

In the manga, yeah yeah... Ippo's fighting the world's #2 and he's in a little pinch by now... Spoilers!

Saving anime from the clutches of money-ripping series providers. Hater of shitty Horriblesubs/Crunchyroll.
Anti-Stash
先輩 (Senpai)

« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2014, 01:55:32 PM »

Current manga

DeadHungryKat
Osu~
将軍 (Shogun)
神様 (Kami)

« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2014, 09:39:51 AM »

You serious? Are you from the future or was 1067th the latest?

Anti-Stash
先輩 (Senpai)

« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2014, 12:57:15 PM »

^Raw

DeadHungryKat
Osu~
将軍 (Shogun)
神様 (Kami)

« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2014, 01:11:09 PM »

« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 01:29:56 PM by DeadHungryKat » Logged

Anti-Stash
先輩 (Senpai)

« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2017, 08:43:28 AM »

Current Manga

DeadHungryKat
Osu~
将軍 (Shogun)
神様 (Kami)

« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2017, 02:26:30 PM »

This is seriously the most frustrating read recently... Guevarra was initially established as a fodder, then as the fight went on, Ippo struggled due to obvious hints of being punch-drunk and went tumbling on grazes. His win is barely satisfying too. Miyata would instantly KO Ippo at this rate, Sendo and Mashiba could easily win over Ippo as well. It's Ashita no Joe all over again and I am afraid to see Ippo dying in the ring one day in the future.

Pages: 1 [2]  
Anime Stash Community Forum  |  Anime & Manga Discussion  |  Anime  |  Topic: Hajime No Ippo Season 3
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length