User Info
No avatar Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
October 23, 2019, 07:23:30 PM

Anime Stash Community Forum  |  The Lounge  |  Technology & The Internet  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Remakes and sequels you'd like to see
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Remakes and sequels you'd like to see  (Read 4864 times)
evilguy
大魔王
将軍 (Shogun)
神様 (Kami)

The owls are not what they seem.

Remakes and sequels you'd like to see
« on: October 02, 2010, 06:29:49 PM »

I know theres a ps1 remakes thread of what you'd like to see, but what about other game consoles, like the great library of SNES games there are, of course, some don't need remaking and a sequel would be preferable, so thats what i'd like to discuss in this thread.
So to start, one series i'd like to see either remade or have a new sequel/reboot to, would be the Soul Blazer series (consisting of; Soul Blazer, Illusion of Gaia, Terranigma), there style worked so well for the SNES, and they had that classic story of the time, with all the plot twists you'd half expect, but i'd like to see them re-try some of those stories today, perhaps changed slightly to help it fit in with what can be achieved these days on game consoles, though preferably i'd like to see some on the PSP as it is the perfect console for old style action RPGs like them, and you'd be able to keep that classic 2D look, whilst still having improved graphics.
I think one we may all say, is Chrono Trigger, it was such a great game, with it's engaging battles, great story and great characters, and i still feel sad over Chrono Resurrection getting a C&D order sad Of course, i think a remake would be better with this game, as trying to do a sequel may be alot harder, and with all likeliness may end up no-where near as good, though i suppose they should really try a sequel after having made a remake (so long as the remake would be good)

Enough on remakes/reboots for now, some games i'd like to see sequels on:
Viewtiful Joe: Hell, 1+2 were absolutely fun, thats F.U.N, yeah they may have been somewhat challenging, but that just added to the fun, and the whole intentional cheesiness to the story made the game so hilarious...and of course, they just left the end openly saying "yeah well be making a third"...and so far, nothing sad
Zone of the Enders: Yeah, i don't think you could continue the story thats already there, except maybe about Jehuty and Leo, i'd love a sequel, so long as not too much would be changed on the gameplay style (of course improvements would be gladly received) as i'd just love to see some beautiful Sci-fi mechs on a new gen console (PS3 all the way cool)
Persona: Yeah, i'd like to see another instalment in this series, a main game (hence why i'm not counting Catherine as a sequel, as it's more of a spinoff, though i'm still looking forward to it), some may call the battle systems outdated, some may complain that it's a typical J-RPG story of gloomy teenagers, and is too dark, but i say gnats to them, i don't give a dam, i like the games and thats all there is to it, the dark style of the games would look so great on something like the PS3 or xbox 360 and the gameplay could be just as it's always been, i'd still love it, so long as they had another great storyline to it, and the soundtrack was as good as it's always been

Theres more i like to add, but for now, what remakes/reboots or sequels would you guys like to see, on what consoles and why?

Gambi
What are you looking at ? O.o
神様 (Kami)

AHHHHHHH! IT'S THE HUMAN ATOMIC BOMB!!

Re: Remakes and sequels you'd like to see
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2010, 05:32:31 PM »

i loved persona 4 liked persona 3 and didnt really get into persona 1 ...
i wouldnt call the battle system "outdated" ... a battlesystem cant really get outdated just "old" or "not new" ... and if the FF XIII one is what we get when they try something new i gladly pass on it ...

"Hey ... would you say I became a hero?"

I'm usually misunderstood! - That's how I sit at home in front of my screen!                
entity
侍 (Samurai)
神様 (Kami)

Wanna dance?

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2010, 07:53:33 PM »

Well, I've said it before but the one game i really wanna a remake for is xenogears. xenosaga was just completely underwhelming. Xenogears + cell-shading + story from perfect works added + totally redoing the 2nd disc would be my wishlist for the remake.

actually i'd be happy if they just added xenogears to the damn PSN. have no idea why they havent done so yet when it is on the JP store.

other than that game, i'd like to see donkey kong country continued by Rare (i know DKC returns is coming, but i have a bad feeling about that) and banjo-kazooie 3 too. I've always been a firm believer that DKC >> super mario worlds and BK >> mario 64 or any 3d platformer for that matter.

Okami getting a full sequel on a console by platinum would also be great. A remake of Killer 7 would also be cool if they totally revamped the control scheme.

Beyond good and evil 2, ubisoft says they are working on it, hopefully it'll be longer this time around.

And of course warcraft 4 since ive been harping on about that in quite a few threads.

If you want to do something, do it now. If you wait until tomorrow to start doing it, maybe you don't actually want to do it!

My blog:  Artificial
Reality

New!! Animestash Chat Sessions on Saturday, 4:00 PM GMT : Come Join Us!

Ikalx
Oyaji
僧兵 (Sohei)
神様 (Kami)

Spirit Bandanna

« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2010, 02:07:47 PM »

Lands of Lore mwaha... I loved Lands of Lore 3 - despite how linear it was, it had many great innovations that haven't really been carried over as much today.

There are loads of others too... Not least a real Might and Magic game - Dark Messiah was okay as a first-person-sworder, but it would be pretty damn great if you had that kinda gameplay with the oldskool M&M world.

lansce
VN Master
浪人 (Ronin)
神様 (Kami)

hey give me more VN onegaisimasu~~

« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2010, 03:31:22 PM »

Final Fantasy 6 or 4 in eng vers their have great story and you don't see main char in that game even this game already remake in PS but the plus in PS only the OP movie  sad I hope this game will be remake too full 3d like FF 3 in NDS

If You're God,and the Delusion became Reality.About what kind of the noids you got?is it the sensual world?the despotic Society?the destructive sanctions?or....
Gambi
神様 (Kami)

« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2010, 03:34:23 PM »

Lands of Lore mwaha... I loved Lands of Lore 3 - despite how linear it was, it had many great innovations that haven't really been carried over as much today.

There are loads of others too... Not least a real Might and Magic game - Dark Messiah was okay as a first-person-sworder, but it would be pretty damn great if you had that kinda gameplay with the oldskool M&M world.

uhm ... a new M&M game was released just recently ... and a real one not Dark Messiah or anything

Final Fantasy 6 or 4 in eng vers their have great story and you don't see main char in that game even this game already remake in PS but the plus in PS only the OP movie  sad I hope this game will be remake too full 3d like FF 3 in NDS

i could have sworn 3 AND 4 have been remade for the NDS ... and both game kinda sucked imo
i really dont like that graphicstyle
« Last Edit: October 08, 2010, 03:36:22 PM by Gambi » Logged

lansce
VN Master
浪人 (Ronin)
神様 (Kami)

« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2010, 03:41:54 PM »

yap FF 3 and 4 already remade in NDS,but for FF 4 it's real from FF 4 jap vers so i can't blame if the graphic suck,it's realy Old game you know smiley and i don't play game from the graphic i play game for the story if the graphic it's good but the story suck i will not play it again,i'm chooser type gamer  smiley

If You're God,and the Delusion became Reality.About what kind of the noids you got?is it the sensual world?the despotic Society?the destructive sanctions?or....
Gambi
神様 (Kami)

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2010, 03:46:47 PM »

uhm ... i dont get ur reasoning ... ur saying because its from japan, the graphic sucked? that makes like no sense at all
this cheap ass 3D simply sucks they should have made a nice 2D overhowl to let it look like 6 or maybe even something like terra nigma or chrono trigger
but how it is it simply looks awefull

and yea i do play games for theire storys ... but since the older FF games werent the best in that aspect either (they became great starting with 5) ... i rather not play it

lansce
VN Master
浪人 (Ronin)
神様 (Kami)

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2010, 04:03:41 PM »

nice game for example gambit-san yap i like FF6,chrono trigger too even their in 2D but it's have nice story in it an multiple ED too

I don't say simple is awfull i want to say i want to see old game remade to 3D but from FF3 its became not that great and some game more attractive in 2D like Rockman and Castlevania

Gambi
神様 (Kami)

« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2010, 04:04:59 PM »

and thats what i said ... i dont want them the way they made it (the remake) ... that was my whole point

lansce
VN Master
浪人 (Ronin)
神様 (Kami)

« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2010, 04:12:55 PM »

and now i remember it i really missed rockman game and castlevania in 2D any of you have any info about their new game  huh

Gambi
神様 (Kami)

« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2010, 04:22:22 PM »

well there is a multiplayer castlevania as download game in the classic 2D style .... and the new 3D one really isnt that bad though i dont get why they split it in missions ....
and the next rockman/megaman will be the universe one ... thats a classic 2D one with an level editor and the option to share lvls online ... and i think that one is a dl game too (just like the last 2 megaman/rockman games in 2D)

Ikalx
Oyaji
僧兵 (Sohei)
神様 (Kami)

Spirit Bandanna

« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2010, 05:09:51 PM »

What Might and Magic game? shocked

Gambi
神様 (Kami)

« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2010, 05:16:07 PM »

mhh sorry isnt out yet afterall -> might and magic heroes 6 -> to be released in the first quarter of next year

Ikalx
Oyaji
僧兵 (Sohei)
神様 (Kami)

Spirit Bandanna

« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2010, 05:25:57 PM »

Eeeeh...no that's Heroes of M&M. And the one for the DS isn't really a M&M game per se.

Might and Magic traditionally had first-person play, with a bunch of characters being controlled at once. Sorta like wizardry although the gameplay is vastly different.

Heroes is a strategy game, so it's quite a bit different.

Pages: [1] 2  
Anime Stash Community Forum  |  The Lounge  |  Technology & The Internet  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Remakes and sequels you'd like to see
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length