User Info
No avatar Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
August 18, 2018, 07:45:27 AM

Anime Stash Community Forum  |  Anime & Manga Discussion  |  Fans Corner  |  Fanclubs  |  Topic: Animestash Watcher's Guild
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 116

Author Topic: Animestash Watcher's Guild  (Read 211685 times)
Ikalx
Oyaji
僧兵 (Sohei)
神様 (Kami)

Spirit Bandanna

Animestash Watcher's Guild
« on: September 29, 2010, 02:41:44 AM »

Welcome to the Animestash Watcher's Guild!

The Guild is all about coming together to, what else? Watch Anime!

Sometimes people find an anime they think is good, but don't really want to watch it right then and it ends up sitting on the shelf waiting for a reason to be watched. The goal of this club is to watch all those animes and get people to watch it at the same kind of time, so you have someone to talk about it with. Hopefully you will watch anime you've never seen before, and also revisit some old favourites.

We're now hosting some live watch-in's for all of us on the weekends (Saturday 4PM GMT), here: http://www.livestream.com/astash

Each week we'll vote something in, and watch for 2+ hours. We recently did the Watcher's Guild Endurance Run of 24 hours! Totally unplanned undecided

I'm looking forward to watching with you!

Please make sure the animes are available on animestash and have all their episodes.

« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 09:57:26 AM by Ikalx » Logged

Skyfish-Zho
将軍 (Shogun)
神様 (Kami)

Re: Animestash Watcher's Guild
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2010, 03:38:36 AM »

great idea ix! xD

how about the final episodes of these series:

Sengoku Basara
Seikimatsu Occult Gakuin
Mitsudomoe
Usami-Akihiko
天然パーマ
侍 (Samurai)
神様 (Kami)

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2010, 03:43:40 AM »

That's good idea Ikalx. Though I thought the one who starts this will be tystude..

Anyway I suggest Maburaho or Mahou Sensei Negima. But seriously I think most ppl have watched them already  undecided
entity
侍 (Samurai)
神様 (Kami)

Wanna dance?

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2010, 03:50:12 AM »

Ix, haibane renmei is there

http://animestash.info/anime/show/1129

although i just checked now and a lot of links arent working.... i would upload the ones i have but they aren't from the stash.....

soooo until those are working again.... i nominate Welcome to the NHK, i have already seen it, though i dont mind watching it again, and i frankly think its one of those anime everyone should watch....

The show is here

http://animestash.info/anime/show/836

and it seems like all the links are working, furthermore, if any arent, i can upload them asap since i have the stash files.

If you want to do something, do it now. If you wait until tomorrow to start doing it, maybe you don't actually want to do it!

My blog:  Artificial
Reality

New!! Animestash Chat Sessions on Saturday, 4:00 PM GMT : Come Join Us!

Tiki-sensei
浪人 (Ronin)
先生 (Sensei)

Redeemed Exorcist

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2010, 08:38:02 AM »

I really like this idea. I Haven't  seen the second of Wyatt's suggestions or Entity's suggestion. So I'm up for either.
Usami-Akihiko
天然パーマ
侍 (Samurai)
神様 (Kami)

« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2010, 08:55:03 AM »

I am fine with entity-chan's or Belga-chan's suggestions. Actually I can watch anything... except mecha  undecided
Ikalx
Oyaji
僧兵 (Sohei)
神様 (Kami)

Spirit Bandanna

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2010, 12:58:26 PM »

how about the final episodes of these series:

Sengoku Basara
Seikimatsu Occult Gakuin
Mitsudomoe
The final episodes? How about we do some animes of the first episodes first, then later on we can do those.. huh

That's good idea Ikalx. Though I thought the one who starts this will be tystude..
What?! I thought people were waiting on me... sad

Ix, haibane renmei is there http://animestash.info/anime/show/1129

although i just checked now and a lot of links arent working.... i would upload the ones i have but they aren't from the stash.....
I know, I checked that first...then I realised most of the links aren't there.

Updating the list. You can just post-vote if you want. Changing a poll each week will be hard (please provide animestash links to each of your series too!).

Usami-Akihiko
天然パーマ
侍 (Samurai)
神様 (Kami)

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2010, 01:04:53 PM »

I think it seems a bit difficult to decide which series to watch together...

And Ikalx would you like to come out with a better voting system? Or since you are the owner of this topic why don't you decide what to watch? I mean if any of us doesn't like that anime we can just skip that. How's that sound?
Ikalx
Oyaji
僧兵 (Sohei)
神様 (Kami)

Spirit Bandanna

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2010, 12:16:29 AM »

I rolled a 6 sided die (singular of dice) and got a 6, so I guess Welcome to the NHK episodes 1-3 is what the Watcher's Guild is watching this week from the 30th Sept to 6th Oct.

Next voting day is on the 6th if everyone agrees? smiley

entity
侍 (Samurai)
神様 (Kami)

Wanna dance?

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2010, 01:33:04 AM »

woohoo! got lucky : P

sooooo, does the discussion of the episodes happen after the watching period or during it? or should it start sometime in the middle of the period?

also, cant stop people from watching ahead, but no spoilers beyond the 3 episodes.

If you want to do something, do it now. If you wait until tomorrow to start doing it, maybe you don't actually want to do it!

Reality

Ren-chan
I'm a perfectionist
神様 (Kami)

┐( ̄ー ̄)┌

« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2010, 06:39:36 AM »

T_T jubei-chan is not added to the database so.................

So now we watch welcome to NHK and discuss about it between 30 to 6 or discuss about it after this date??

My return hid an ulterior motives. I came to get that 6666 post count. Seems like an easy feat, but behind the scene, there's an evil force that preventing me from doing so.

So will you, a random anime watcher, manga reader, or Otaku as a whole, help me in this.

Will you lend a hand in this old man mission of becoming a quad 6 poster?

Find out in the next episode.
Ikalx
Oyaji
僧兵 (Sohei)
神様 (Kami)

Spirit Bandanna

« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2010, 01:17:12 PM »

Watch and talk about it during the week. But you can talk about it later too! This is a place for discussion smiley

Edit: This place should be fine for discussion over any of the episodes. There are 3 set episodes for this week, so you can discuss any of those episodes here freely, and you can discuss any of the rest of the anime in spoiler tags please.

The purpose of this thread is so that people can freely discuss a set block of anime, instead of worrying about making it spoilerific. Those episodes can be discussed as much as you want to - did you like it, did it bore you? What did you think of the soundtrack, the animation, the voices? Does it seem like something that would just draw you in...did you feel like you were close to Satou's world and understood his thoughts and feelings?

What did the girl with the Umbrella make you think about when you first saw her?
« Last Edit: September 30, 2010, 02:06:46 PM by Ikalx » Logged

Dsnake
Uiharu~♥
先輩 (Senpai)

« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2010, 03:51:44 PM »

Nice, gonna join in the discussion later on today after watching said episodes....

Ikalx
Oyaji
僧兵 (Sohei)
神様 (Kami)

Spirit Bandanna

« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2010, 12:58:30 AM »

This anime is one of my favourites...but I can remember watching it 3 or 4 years ago and my life being in the same stage then as now...

I really am so much like satou...and so much worse because i'm so ooold now cry

Knock Knock Knock... it always gets me emotional.

From the opening credits you can really see it's a fair representation of both the anime and satou's mind..a weird, sexualised, and ...kinda lonely beginning, wrapped up in happy vocals that do make you hopeful. And you can clearly see the anime has another fairly central character...misaki-chan.

What a weird anime to start on lol.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2010, 01:05:32 AM by Ikalx » Logged

entity
侍 (Samurai)
神様 (Kami)

Wanna dance?

« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2010, 06:33:32 AM »

well just saw the first episode again. brought back alot of memories. I watched this anime around 3 years ago too, and it was about the time me and my roommate really started getting into anime. We would watch it from wherever we could, even on crappy myspace video in flv. Then one of my seniors told me to download from a place called animestash, and gave me a whole buncha anime and welcome to the nhk was one of them.

At the time I still hadn't seen that many anime, so the whole moe phenomena was still pretty new to me and I didnt get the whole magical girl purururu stuff. Still, me and my roommate found that funny as hell. But even from the first episode the series just kinda stuck with us because it was just so relevant to us at the time. Partly because of anime, and partly because of gaming, we had totally just stuck to our rooms. And at the heart of this series is blaming the world for your problems as satou blames the NHK for keeping him a shut-in.

We would say other stupid rationalizations like why we wouldnt try to date girls was because they weren't interesting or good looking enough or blah blah blah... just random crap

I'd like to say I've improved and maybe I have to a certain extent, but I still just cant seem to get into groove where i am either....

lol, yeah maybe this was a bit of a harsh choice for the first anime of the watchers guild. but i still stand by what i said earlier, i think this is a much watch for any fan of anime.

oh yeah, and that guitar theme around the middle of the first episode is one of my favorite themes ever, i totally forgot about that, totally gives that melancholy, yet "im still trying to make shit work" kinda vibe. im gonna search for it now.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2010, 06:35:12 AM by entity » Logged

Reality

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 116  
Anime Stash Community Forum  |  Anime & Manga Discussion  |  Fans Corner  |  Fanclubs  |  Topic: Animestash Watcher's Guild
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length