User Info
No avatar Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
October 23, 2019, 07:24:14 PM

Anime Stash Community Forum  |  The Lounge  |  Technology & The Internet  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Games you are looking forward to
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 81

Author Topic: Games you are looking forward to  (Read 173573 times)
imbecile
新米 (Shinmai)

--You Can't See Me--

Re: Games you are looking forward to
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2010, 04:11:10 AM »

Silent hill 8? I thought there were only 5 and the fifth was homecoming

evilguy
大魔王
将軍 (Shogun)
神様 (Kami)

The owls are not what they seem.

« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2010, 11:58:24 AM »

The main Silent Hill Series goes like this:
Silent Hill
Silent Hill 2
Silent Hill 3
Silent Hill 4: The Room
Silent Hill: Origins
Silent Hill: Homecoming
Silent Hill: Shattered Memories
Silent Hill 8

Though whether it's gonna be called 8 or not remains to be seen, as it is just a tentative title...and my opinion of whether it should be called the eighth or not is reserved, as i've never played 4-onwards, so i can't really judge as to whether i think they count undecided (as in whether one like Shattered Memories should count, as it is just a re-imagining of the original)
I just remembered something else i'm looking forward too:
The OddBox - A collection of ALL the Oddworld games on the PC fr the first time, i can't wait (Thats Abe's Oddysee, Abe's Exoddus, Munch's Oddysee And Strangers Wrath cool the latter two have never been released on PC before grin)
« Last Edit: September 19, 2010, 12:45:31 PM by evilguy » Logged

tystude
オタク (Otaku)

Vocaloid music sets me Free

« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2010, 02:33:13 PM »

New gameinforer stoped by my place and got me into others via:

Bio shock 3
the Lost world(s) i think it was cry

entity
侍 (Samurai)
神様 (Kami)

Wanna dance?

« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2010, 02:36:33 PM »

with this video bioshock infinite shot up on my most wanted lists....

http://kotaku.com/5644075/ten-minutes-with-bioshock-infinite?skyline=true&s=i

well it realeases in 2012 so theres still a longgggg time

If you want to do something, do it now. If you wait until tomorrow to start doing it, maybe you don't actually want to do it!

My blog:  Artificial
Reality

New!! Animestash Chat Sessions on Saturday, 4:00 PM GMT : Come Join Us!

tystude
オタク (Otaku)

Vocaloid music sets me Free

« Reply #19 on: September 23, 2010, 02:51:49 PM »

i know but by the looks of it it worth the wait

Gambi
What are you looking at ? O.o
神様 (Kami)

AHHHHHHH! IT'S THE HUMAN ATOMIC BOMB!!

« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2010, 04:22:30 PM »

i want MG Rising ... though i guess ill have to import it ... there is pretty much no way that itll be released here in germany (too brutal) ...
aside from that there really is only FFvsXIII, KH:Re Coded and Cathrine (or was it Catharine)... the others (the stuff that was shown) are only "meh" ...
im kind of worried about how little RPGs were presented for the big consoles ...

"Hey ... would you say I became a hero?"

I'm usually misunderstood! - That's how I sit at home in front of my screen!                
entity
侍 (Samurai)
神様 (Kami)

Wanna dance?

« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2010, 04:40:59 PM »

yeah i know, it seems most jrpgs are going over to handhelds which is a damn shame.

although it does make me feel less bad for not having a current gen console : P

If you want to do something, do it now. If you wait until tomorrow to start doing it, maybe you don't actually want to do it!

Reality

a-grave
Gaming freak
後輩 (Kohai)

What we do in life , echo's in eternity....

« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2010, 08:21:25 AM »

Never thought about the new games on pc  shocked , got no money  cry,  but MGS 5 on ps3 should be good and also next Starcraft 2 expansion grin

I fight for a better future......
Gambi
What are you looking at ? O.o
神様 (Kami)

AHHHHHHH! IT'S THE HUMAN ATOMIC BOMB!!

« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2010, 09:33:04 AM »

there is no MGS 5 .... only rising ... and that'll be between the stories of 2 and 4 and with no snake in it ... and gameplay wise itll also have little to do with mgs ... so do not call it that : P

"Hey ... would you say I became a hero?"

I'm usually misunderstood! - That's how I sit at home in front of my screen!                
a-grave
Gaming freak
後輩 (Kohai)

What we do in life , echo's in eternity....

« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2010, 10:41:59 AM »

O...sorry cry. This just so you how out of it i am.

You are entire correct  grin

Still love the series tho  cheesy

I fight for a better future......
entity
侍 (Samurai)
神様 (Kami)

Wanna dance?

« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2010, 05:46:29 PM »

well kojima said he was thinking about mgs5...

but ill be happy if thats a long way off, its hard enough keeping away from mgs4 spoilers.

Reality

Ikalx
Oyaji
僧兵 (Sohei)
神様 (Kami)

Spirit Bandanna

« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2010, 08:01:32 PM »

Deep Space 2... finally finished the last level of Deep Space, lol. I literally stopped there and left it for a few months rofl.

I'm not looking forward to that many games because I don't buy them when they come out... My friends want me to get civ5 but civ4, while I like it, I don't play it that much...and civ5...I may need an upgraded rig to play it  sad

entity
侍 (Samurai)
神様 (Kami)

Wanna dance?

« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2010, 09:55:05 PM »

from the dead space 2 vid i saw, it does look promising. i liked the first dead space, but like you ix i stopped right around the end, (although i have a bad habit of that with ALOT of games)

except i still havent got back to it : P  i hope they clean up the inventory system, i didnt like it much. or maybe i just wasnt a good shot and kept on running out of ammo too fast : P

EDIT: wait you said deep space, is that a totally different game?  undecided

Reality

Ikalx
Oyaji
僧兵 (Sohei)
神様 (Kami)

Spirit Bandanna

« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2010, 11:37:19 PM »

Wow...I keep doing that. No I meant Dead Space...jeez. I found the inventory system fine, the only problems were from it being a port (on pc) and no real mouse pointer support (like you would expect - so inven is keyboard only). Not a big deal imo.

I really couldn't get over the 3d inventory and menus...sooooooooooooooooo AWESOME!!

And yeah, not to hard for me to keep ammunition down... I mostly used the plasma cutter, force gun, line gun (later), contact beam (boss mostly but carried a lot) and the ripper after ammoz for the pulse rifle and flamer became less prevalent. You get a lot of ripper ammo later I found, but the sound it makes is arrrgh...screech nasty!  I loved the flamer but it does no damage (well I only put 1 node into it anyway ) and isn't particular useful. Didn't really like the pulse rifle...big ugly thing. Plasma cutter truly was the best weapon, but I used the force gun a lot lot later when I had to swap the cutter for the line gun.

The thing about Dead Space is...it's beautifully crafted tbh. When I saw the opening scene in a trailer I was like... Must...Get...Game...  And the weapons are fun to use...having a weapon that feels good and a game that isn't so BOO scary but more...environmentally scary, is good. And ofc, me loves an attention-to-detail plot. Story first is usually a good way to approach a game grin

entity
侍 (Samurai)
神様 (Kami)

Wanna dance?

« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2010, 12:27:44 AM »

yeah presentation wise, it looked amazing. i liked the lack of an HUD during play, with the health bar on your back. that was just a genius idea. really helped you get into the game.

hmm i actually cant remember what i found so annoying about the inventory, its been more than a year since I played it. But i remember i was mostly using the line cutter as well. and just randomly waving the gun around and kicking the crap out of things. now THAT felt good  grin

Reality

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 81  
Anime Stash Community Forum  |  The Lounge  |  Technology & The Internet  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Games you are looking forward to
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length