User Info
No avatar Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
October 21, 2018, 11:11:51 PM

Anime Stash Community Forum  |  The Lounge  |  Chatbox  |  Poll, Test, Surveys  |  Topic: Greatest Fictional Strategist?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Greatest Fictional Strategist?  (Read 12483 times)
Ikalx
Oyaji
僧兵 (Sohei)
神様 (Kami)

Spirit Bandanna

Re: Greatest Fictional Strategist?
« Reply #45 on: June 05, 2010, 05:33:31 PM »

Treize Kushrenada would take some convincing, but I do see where you're coming from. From what we saw of him, he was obviously quite the strategist, however, I don't know if we saw enough of him to say whether he could compete against any of the others in the list. If anyone has any argument for Treize I'd love to hear it, I would love to add him to the poll but its simply so hard to decide if he'd fit or not.
Hmm...well from the start, his coup where all the pacifistic bureaucrats were massacred and in fact the entire thing, how it was handle took meticulous planning over several years.

Not so sure about the subsequent war, whether or not that was an evolution of the changing battlefield or not.

sigh Can't even remember the books with good tacticians in it...even the recent ones. Bleurgh.

Tiki-sensei
浪人 (Ronin)
先生 (Sensei)

Redeemed Exorcist

« Reply #46 on: June 07, 2010, 10:08:00 AM »

So much for me to still watch.  I haven't watched, none of the Gundams nor the Valkerie series.  I voted on Ender. I loved the book and voted after reading about half the posts.  My thinking is Ender had to deal with all three dimension when planning his strategies and using older an bulkier ships as time went along.  Don't know about the Gundam strategies since I have watched and didn't know to consider it.
Enderwiggin
Officially Addicted to Magic
浪人 (Ronin)
神様 (Kami)

« Reply #47 on: June 09, 2010, 07:32:16 PM »

Hmm...well from the start, his coup where all the pacifistic bureaucrats were massacred and in fact the entire thing, how it was handle took meticulous planning over several years.

Not so sure about the subsequent war, whether or not that was an evolution of the changing battlefield or not.

sigh Can't even remember the books with good tacticians in it...even the recent ones. Bleurgh.
Hmm, at the beginning he did indeed plan out some rather amazing things. I added him, though in his case he is still pretty borderline, though he did seem to be a character who did not show what he was fully capable of, though if that is in fact the case, what can we really use to measure his capabilities? Ah well, he's added, and we shall see.

Really, I am surprised at the number of people who have read Ender's Game here, it's truly amazing, this being an anime forum and all. Glad to see I'm not the only one around here who enjoyed the book. Wink

Bored? Got Flash Player? Click my sig!
littledragonlady

« Reply #48 on: September 01, 2015, 04:25:53 PM »

Sorry to reply on a five years old forum post, but this thread pop out on my google search today and I couldnt resist mentioning it. I even made a brand new account just to say it.

One of a massive under popular series name Rakuin no Monshou feature a tactical genius main character. From slave to crown prince, and later emperor. I am not talking about lost royalty or anything like that either, but he really is a gladiator sword slave.

English translation so far are to third volume. I just hope to spread the word so more translator will work on it and I can enjoy to read its continuation in English instead of Chinese =_=
Mouse-sama
将軍 (Shogun)
神様 (Kami)

« Reply #49 on: September 01, 2015, 05:09:29 PM »

Lol welcome xd i forgot about this thread i.guess nowdays ull have log horizon.and no game no life join in the list.. i dunno the one u mentioned but.ill check.it Smiley
Ikalx
Oyaji
僧兵 (Sohei)
神様 (Kami)

Spirit Bandanna

« Reply #50 on: September 01, 2015, 07:20:04 PM »

That sounds like a cool series, Little dragon...hopefully we can all enjoy it someday.

Oh and welcome to the animestash forums

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
Anime Stash Community Forum  |  The Lounge  |  Chatbox  |  Poll, Test, Surveys  |  Topic: Greatest Fictional Strategist?
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length