User Info
No avatar Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
January 20, 2018, 08:26:31 PM

Anime Stash Community Forum  |  The Lounge  |  Chatbox  |  Poll, Test, Surveys  |  Topic: Greatest Fictional Strategist?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Greatest Fictional Strategist?  (Read 10843 times)
Enderwiggin
Officially Addicted to Magic
浪人 (Ronin)
神様 (Kami)

Re: Greatest Fictional Strategist?
« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2010, 07:22:01 PM »

. . . You think Aizen has good strategy? Uhh. . . Really doesn't seem to be any real strategy, just "OVERPOWER EVERYTHING!". He has a mind, he has a plan, but he doesn't have a real strategy IMHO. Plan != Strategy. If anyone disagrees, please explain to me, I really can't percieve him as a strategist no matter how hard I try O_o

Orihara Izaya. . . He belongs. Adding him after this.

Kenichi? More of a fighter, less of a strategist. Fights have some strategy to them, but to truly be a strategist you need to use other people, not your own body.

Havn't seen enough Gintama to comment on Gintoki, if anyone else agrees I guess I'll add him.

Akira Takizawa - hmm, you raise an interesting point with him. I don't know whether to consider him a strategist or not, I don't know even if I rewatch it if I will see enough strategy from him. If someone else agrees, I will add him, he's a bit iffy though O_o

@Enderwiggin: comparing sales of a book to that of a Blu ray is irrelevant.
I agree that the sales is irrelevant - As a WHOLE. I was simply using that as an example, but you can't fairly compare the sales since the book has been selling since 1986, and has spread to so many languages. I was simply using it as an example.

BTW, Bluray is different price in different places as well, I've seen Bluray movies sell for between 12-24. Also the price of the book has varied over just how many years of circulation? Wink They really can't be compared in such a way. Neither a character from a book and a character from an anime, nor two different characters from two different animes - Especially when we're comparing how good they are at being strategists rather than how good of a character they were. Wink

Bored? Got Flash Player? Click my sig!
Tomoki
浪人 (Ronin)
先生 (Sensei)

« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2010, 07:34:03 PM »

If you think of a strategy as an execution of multiple plans one after the other Aizen can be considered as one having manipulated so many people for hundreds of years for achieving whatever his goals are.
entity
侍 (Samurai)
神様 (Kami)

Wanna dance?

« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2010, 07:38:40 PM »

you do know i was referring to real strategist concepts right not just anime right?
and welkin was a major part of it, don't forget how and why Alicia came into her Valkyrie abilities.
rewatch valkryia chronicles, and picture it without welkin, bet alicia would be dead, remeber she started to come into her valkyria powers after meeting the princess AFTER her squads success DUE to welkins skill as a strategist and also meeting rose During the exploration of the ruins because of the general being jealous again of Welkins accomplishments and faldio and welkin wanting to explore the ruins

Strategic principles are the same for each of them fiction or not. However the actual strategies used would differ depending on many factors.

The only reason why Welkin's strategies seem like strategies that would be used in real life, is because well, the world of Senjou no Valkyria is similar to ours. Yes I know there are no magic valkyries (or whatever they were called i forgot) but up till the end when they released their powers they were fighting battles that would be similar to battles in history.

Do you expect a battle with Knightmare frames to really depend on every small detail of the ground environment and nature? But for a battle on foot, those details are important. For a fictional battle with fictional technology, the details of the fictional powers are important. Same strategic principles. You have to know the limits of your power/allies/environment. Lelouch does that and more. And you are making it sound like Welkin intended for Alicia to gain her abilities. Its no doubt that without Welkin Alicia would've died alot earlier. But without Alicia at the end the entire squadron or whatever would have been wiped out  And Welkin doesnt even strategize in the last battle (as far as i can remember) just normal super power fighting. Lelouch lived and died by his own plans. Can't really get better than that.

Hakuoro is quite similar to Welkin in that regard. Both used realistic strategies in their ascension, but had superpower fighting in the end. (not that i have a problem with that) Light I think is still better because he lived with strategies at least till the end, even though he lost. Dont know Ender, but I may just check them out now. I still think Lelouch is king (though i still hope he's dead)

i say takamine kiyomaro from gash bell! lol j/k
« Last Edit: June 01, 2010, 07:43:29 PM by entity » Logged

If you want to do something, do it now. If you wait until tomorrow to start doing it, maybe you don't actually want to do it!

My blog:  Artificial
Reality

New!! Animestash Chat Sessions on Saturday, 4:00 PM GMT : Come Join Us!

LeonLanford
ni~doresu
浪人 (Ronin)
神様 (Kami)

ni~doresu

« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2010, 07:42:18 PM »

aizen : "i owned you icihigo since first chapter HAHAHAHA!"
ichigo : "what??"

i vote for kiyomaro Tongue

Tomoki
浪人 (Ronin)
先生 (Sensei)

« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2010, 07:50:22 PM »

lol leon
we need more ppl to post here~ where is Gambi and monnish when you need them? @_@
Ikalx
Oyaji
僧兵 (Sohei)
神様 (Kami)

Spirit Bandanna

« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2010, 08:01:02 PM »

How about Treize Khushrenada from Gundam Wing.

Not gonna defend that at all, just looking through my anime that's the only thing that popped out at me. Theoretically I guess Parmenion would be one of my fav strategists, but I can't remember anything from any book right now, or anime or film, so I wonder if my brain has melted.

I checked, it has.

Hmm, what's her name from Daughter of the Empire, not that I ever read the other two, but that was cold blooded cool how that book was conducted.
Kittie
浪人 (Ronin)
先生 (Sensei)

« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2010, 08:08:28 PM »

Haven't watched Gundam Wing, but I know that Lelouch > *. You guys should also admit it (Y)
entity
侍 (Samurai)
神様 (Kami)

Wanna dance?

« Reply #37 on: June 01, 2010, 08:12:49 PM »

Treize, was that the blond one? man, cant remember anything from gundam wing at all except for duo maxwell, deathscythe and epyon. my favorite mechs of all time.

If you want to do something, do it now. If you wait until tomorrow to start doing it, maybe you don't actually want to do it!

My blog:  Artificial
Reality

New!! Animestash Chat Sessions on Saturday, 4:00 PM GMT : Come Join Us!

Creitrod
The Third
浪人 (Ronin)
神様 (Kami)

Ghost of the Past

« Reply #38 on: June 01, 2010, 08:44:54 PM »

you guys might want to use the spoiler tag for people who haven't seen the anime or actually just label the thread as a big spoiler Tongue I just read a full page of spoilers

I just thought of one. Yuji Sakamoto from Baka no Test Shokanju. 
« Last Edit: June 01, 2010, 09:00:37 PM by Creitrod » Logged

Disappearance of Creitrod
KillerKrauser
Dragon Reborn
浪人 (Ronin)
先生 (Sensei)

I AM THE PRINCIPLE OF OTOKOJUKU, EDAJIMA HEIHACHI

« Reply #39 on: June 02, 2010, 02:12:40 AM »

Still heavily vote for Ender.
I think that Lelouche may have had the potential to do the same if he was put in a similar situation but he was not so we will never know. I think Ender though could have done what Lelouche did in the military battles (of course not where he was in a another dimension or something with his mother and father) and he would not need the Geass for the battles(though Lelouche hardly used it in actual battles) because, like I said,
 But alas Ender was also not put in the exact same situation as Lelouche so who knows. I still stand by Ender.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2010, 02:40:59 AM by Enderwiggin » Logged

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

You'll have to decide for your self, walk on your own, move forward. You've got a good strong pair of legs there, you should get up and use 'em.
Enderwiggin
浪人 (Ronin)
神様 (Kami)

« Reply #40 on: June 02, 2010, 02:43:15 AM »

aizen : "i owned you icihigo since first chapter HAHAHAHA!"
ichigo : "what??"

i vote for kiyomaro Tongue
Seems about right for Aizen. Erm, are you serious about Kiyo? Sure he's smart but . . . Sorry, any of the others in the list would crush him.

How about Treize Khushrenada from Gundam Wing.
Treize Kushrenada would take some convincing, but I do see where you're coming from. From what we saw of him, he was obviously quite the strategist, however, I don't know if we saw enough of him to say whether he could compete against any of the others in the list. If anyone has any argument for Treize I'd love to hear it, I would love to add him to the poll but its simply so hard to decide if he'd fit or not.

Still heavily vote for Ender... I still stand by Ender.
Sorry Killer, I censored your post with spoiler tags, just too much said to not do so O_o if someone disagrees I can set it back, its simply a Massive spoiler of the whole plot IMO Wink
But yes, I agree with your post, Especially the very valid points I put spoiler tags around - but on an anime forum, it will always be biased towards a well-known anime character, not so many around here know of him
Wink

BTW, entity - even in knightmare frames, the environment was used to Lulu's advantage. Anything that a strategist can use to the slightest advantage can turn the tide of battle. Knowledge is half the battle in any physical plane. I see what you were saying, just pointing out that minor details did help him out a couple times.
Wink
« Last Edit: June 02, 2010, 02:55:20 AM by Enderwiggin » Logged

KillerKrauser
Dragon Reborn
浪人 (Ronin)
先生 (Sensei)

I AM THE PRINCIPLE OF OTOKOJUKU, EDAJIMA HEIHACHI

« Reply #41 on: June 02, 2010, 04:24:11 AM »

Heh my bad about spoiling. I have no problem with the tags. A whole lot more interesting stuff happened but I guess I did give away the jist of it. It was kinda vague though so if anybody does click the tag do not think that the book is ruined! I left out a lot of twists including the big one at or near the end that makes the book worth reading all by itself. A must read!

Anyway I would like to see a battle between Hakurou and Welkin seeing as how they are a lot alike each other strategy wise. Just give them all of the same weapons so modern or ancient. And they both have...a super natural power on their side that I would like to see a battle between. I hope that is vague enough for no spoiler tag lol.

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

You'll have to decide for your self, walk on your own, move forward. You've got a good strong pair of legs there, you should get up and use 'em.
Mouse-sama
将軍 (Shogun)
神様 (Kami)

« Reply #42 on: June 02, 2010, 07:02:14 AM »

from ur list i say kira. but i vote for suikoden strategies

]
JeX
先輩 (Senpai)

"The Prodigy"

« Reply #43 on: June 02, 2010, 03:05:51 PM »

Because of this thread, i am now motivated to watch Valkyria Chronicles, and i just finished watching the first 4 episodes and i like it, uhmm maybe because of Alicia XD, and yeah besides romance, i like mystery or those who has detectives or strategist guys. I have this anime for a long time in my DVD but lacks recommendation for me to watch it, cause i don't really watch military anime...

BTW, i voted for Yagami Light, but i like L more than him, but his not on the list, and yeah the reason for it is because you can see it clearly in the anime. I also want to vote Lelouch but still Death Note wins for me, and the reason is unknown...

And lastly i tried searching Ender's Game cause i'm curious if this is good, cause there is someone named after the main protagonist here. But i'm now confuse cause i don't know if this is an anime, or a book or a film, but i'm sure that it's not here on stash.

I am only an Arbiter,
I am not allowed to interfere in the real world.
Arbiter of Reverse Reasoning
3. Haruhi Suzumiya Endless Eight Arc - the worst troll in anime history! I mean 8 repetitive episodes!?
Enderwiggin
浪人 (Ronin)
神様 (Kami)

« Reply #44 on: June 02, 2010, 03:41:23 PM »

Ender's Game is a book, at some point it may become a movie, but currently it is only a series of book and an incomplete Marvel Comic. Not the kind of thing likely to appear on stash any time soon.
Wink

Honestly, as a character I prefer L to Kira, however, he's simply not a strategist. Light can get away being on this list because of all the things he did to stay hidden  His plans were done in a more strategical fashion, enough so that they could be in some respects comparable to covert-ops military strategies. Even Light being on this list is something of a stretch. L on the other hand was nothing more than a Detective, a damned good detective, but a detective none-the-less.
Wink

from ur list i say kira. but i vote for suikoden strategies
I guess I should have specified that I meant military strategies, ah well, what's done is done. Though really, kira is a stretch in that department, so for him, perhaps that is a good thing to look at to see his strategies? I really can't say Wink

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
Anime Stash Community Forum  |  The Lounge  |  Chatbox  |  Poll, Test, Surveys  |  Topic: Greatest Fictional Strategist?
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length