User Info
No avatar Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
May 20, 2018, 04:59:47 PM

Anime Stash Community Forum  |  Anime & Manga Discussion  |  Manga  |  Topic: one piece
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 78 [79] 80 81

Author Topic: one piece  (Read 124464 times)
DeadHungryKat
Osu~
将軍 (Shogun)
神様 (Kami)

"Quality is my motto. It's my other half."

Re: one piece
« Reply #1170 on: February 08, 2018, 11:34:55 PM »

Typical might not be the rightest word for OP. Typical shounens often suffers from poor foreshadowing, weak plot twists and lack of integral characterization, but OP withstood those persistent demerits. I'm not saying OP is perfect, but almost 900 chapters yet, it still contain the same level of excitement from the first arc. It's insane how Oda managed to do that without replicating what happened to its peer series, i.e Naruto, Bleach, Toriko etc.

All I'm saying is, Luffy is yet to win. He might still lose the battle, because for pete's sake. How can one even fathom him being on the same level as Katakuri when the fight just started? Remember, he was not even 100% and he will beat a dude worth double his bounty, a formidable yonko commander who never lost a fight and most of all, a user of advanced haki. It's very unprecedented in Oda's history of writing that he will let Luffy win a battle under severe disadvantages.

>vs Crocodile
Lost first. Won later

>vs Enel
Luffy has the advantage because his rubber element can't be damaged by Enel

>vs Rob Lucci
Luffy lost at first, before rebounding to a win

>vs Moria
Luffy lost, or got dupe of his shadow at first, before he won

>vs Hordy (not worth mentioning)
Well, the enemy this time is weak anyway, so Luffy won even underwater

>vs Doflamingo
He has to fight a 50% Doffy

>vs Katakuri
Had the hardest time beating Cracker and only won with the help of Nami + the homies. Got a one-sided beating vs Sanji. Got another beating vs the Revenge army. Haven't ate a decent meal in ages and yet, he gained an equal level by the last minute in his super battered self.

Yeah, if this is a plot twist, then I'm not buying it.

Saving anime from the clutches of money-ripping series providers. Hater of shitty Horriblesubs/Crunchyroll.
Lord
Lord
後輩 (Kohai)

Shall I grant your wish?

« Reply #1171 on: February 12, 2018, 02:06:54 PM »

idk..Oda made him way too cool and likable. I am guessing that there would be some interference now, their battle will be put on a hold and they would promise to finish this later.
and I am getting a feeling if Luffy leaves now, he might never get to finish things with Big Mom...what would happen? They would go, get strong enough to beat Kaido and come back to beat Big Mom?

Cant Nami just make a mirror using ice or something??

Also..the mirror powers seem highly irregular. I can understand fruits affecting bodies, soul and environment, but creating an entire world inside reflective surfaces? Its way too specific and special...even more than Law's room and maybe even door door fruit..idk exact workings of that one but it seemingly create portals in another dimension.

When Dreams Come True and Wishes are Fulfilled, There Will Always be a Price to Pay
DeadHungryKat
Osu~
将軍 (Shogun)
神様 (Kami)

« Reply #1172 on: February 17, 2018, 08:25:26 AM »

Luffy became Kobe Bryant cheesy

But srly, Oda really went all-out in the latest chapter. 16 pages, just non-stop action with relevant dialogues. I wonder if this chapter's content will even be adequate for a 5 minute animation... but well, all in all, it's a good chapter. Not bad, not bad at all...

@About the mirror, yeah... It's a godlike DF power. A fortress inside, impenetrable from the outside. It's really dope. Imagine if Brulee was the potential nakama, then they can steal a hell of a lot intel pertaining to the road poneglyphs and the other poneglyphs with little effort. They can sneak past securities, heck, they can even assassinate Kaidou in his sleep XD

Saving anime from the clutches of money-ripping series providers. Hater of shitty Horriblesubs/Crunchyroll.
Lord
Lord
後輩 (Kohai)

Shall I grant your wish?

« Reply #1173 on: February 18, 2018, 05:25:28 PM »

XD Finally he is moving away from guns and into reptiles

I wish animators would respect that and keep it that fast paced instead of just slowing down everything to stretch it for 20 mins ~_~ But hell..Luffy is pushing Katakuri back, I still dont like to believe that a beaten up Luffy should be capable of it but then again, its Luffy. I still want Katakuri to win..they made him into a respectable opponent, which means that he would treat him with respect even if he won and get him out of mirror world and all. Lets see what happens in next few chaps..

Mhmm..I am just more curious about its nature and working. I feel like I would be a scientist if I lived in OP world XD just researching it all..I guess I would have to add space-time in one of the DF base categories with Brulee...speaking of which Luffy's crew has doctor, archaeologist, engineer..most of what he needs to tackle world goernment, but not a scientist yet..too bad that Caesar is so lame :/

When Dreams Come True and Wishes are Fulfilled, There Will Always be a Price to Pay
ametaratsu
I will be Harem King
神様 (Kami)

Is that a killing intent

« Reply #1174 on: February 21, 2018, 04:04:13 PM »

eh I prefer luffy to win XD

do you have the guts?? http://yukala03.mybrute.com
DeadHungryKat
Osu~
将軍 (Shogun)
神様 (Kami)

« Reply #1175 on: February 22, 2018, 05:15:02 AM »

Don't get us wrong, it's not like we want Luffy to lose. It's just Katakuri doesn't deserve to lose. If this fight was 100% Luffy vs 100% Katakuri, then there's no debate, Luffy should win. Given the circumstances Luffy tackled in this arc, he simply don't deserve to win against Katakuri when he couldn't even beat Cracker alone. We're not talking about Goku here, where the disadvantages plays a large factor for power-ups to overcome an opponent.

In any case, since Oda's on a break, there's plenty of time to speculate.

DeadHungryKat
Osu~
将軍 (Shogun)
神様 (Kami)

« Reply #1176 on: March 01, 2018, 10:28:59 AM »

Some raws were out on YT earlier and they got cut off immediately. Well, I really don't like how the fight ended, but that's how it goes. Just gonna wait for the official fansub release, maybe tomorrow earliest.

Okay, so Luffy won. But here's a catch, he's basically rendered powerless. If he fights another big battle in this arc, I'd drop One Piece flat and won't read it again. Katakuri's loss already doesn't make any sense. It's hightime Sanji beat the hell out of the guards outside the mirror. Well, Pekoms is there too, and if I remember correctly, dudes got a high bounty like 300m+ beli. Gotta wonder what request did Pudding ask Sanji?
« Last Edit: March 02, 2018, 01:37:05 PM by DeadHungryKat » Logged

ametaratsu
I will be Harem King
神様 (Kami)

Is that a killing intent

« Reply #1177 on: March 02, 2018, 05:48:00 PM »

haha well OP is still not on that level, its still a typical shonen manga where the protagonist wins a loosing batlle XD

Lord
Lord
後輩 (Kohai)

Shall I grant your wish?

« Reply #1178 on: March 03, 2018, 02:28:42 AM »

Still...Luffy just defeated a guy who is known for never even coming close to losing, someone who is always standing and as a top commander he has been defending Big Mom's territories from all the big shots..marine admirals, yonkos and god knows what. Even at his best I would have hard time believing that Luffy could do this...specially after the trouble he went through at Dressrosa.
This defeat means that Luffy would be taking down yonkos next and he has that whole DF awakening thing to go trough. I dont feel like he even needs that...a good rest and meal and he would probably get strong enough to defeat Big Mom and if rest of the crew powers up at half that rate then they dont even need a full crew to take down Big Mom's crew.

Also, its day out right? I was wondering if Pekoms would go through a transformation as well..

DeadHungryKat
Osu~
将軍 (Shogun)
神様 (Kami)

« Reply #1179 on: March 03, 2018, 05:14:53 AM »

Well, given Oda's history. He simply don't make this kind of unprecedented change of writing. Everything's well-calculated. This time though, I think it has something to do with the progress of the story. At this point, about 68% since it's been 3 years since Oda's editor said the story is in 65%, Luffy losing is just unacceptable. I get that notion, but to me, this win is very unlike Oda. He was definitely rushing Luffy's power-up given Wano's entering next month or two. I would really hate One Piece if they let Luffy fight one more major battle in this arc. He just kept breaking every limit barrier, heck, he can't even beat two chess soldiers in his state when he escaped and went to the place of the rendezvous with Sanji. Now, how I wish the baton has been pass to Sanji. It's about time he kicks some serious arses.

Lord
Lord
後輩 (Kohai)

Shall I grant your wish?

« Reply #1180 on: March 04, 2018, 03:22:12 AM »

Of all people Oda is being forced to hurry it up? That guy could piss on anime industry and they would have to put up with it undecided I really wanted Dogtooth to carry Luffy out.
For the island thing, I think as they are all gathered there, Sanji would devise a trap and they would make a quick escape. No point in sticking around anymore. Its a good thing Luffy decided to defeat Katakuri here at the moment and not Big Mom herself which would've made more sense in terms of opponents he should be going after >_> Ah well..its time to face the strongest creature alive and Wano arc is finally about to start!

ametaratsu
I will be Harem King
神様 (Kami)

Is that a killing intent

« Reply #1181 on: March 06, 2018, 01:14:25 PM »

well big bom will be beaten by a cake!! and katakuri will became an ally if not now in the future XD after all most of luffy's enemy become his ally,,

that said i wonder where buggy is

Lord
Lord
後輩 (Kohai)

Shall I grant your wish?

« Reply #1182 on: March 07, 2018, 11:38:13 AM »

That would be my dreams come true XD Though chances of being a nakama have really slimmed down, Luffy never defeated any of his nakamas, Usopp being a special case. Zoro-Franky-Jimbei..it always gets interrupted or in a draw...ally seems to be the best option thats left.

Lord
Lord
後輩 (Kohai)

Shall I grant your wish?

« Reply #1183 on: March 09, 2018, 08:23:25 AM »

Transformation it is! and dammit..are they bad guys? are they good? that was one damn cool entry, though Sanji is seemingly losing his chance to shine again and even Piekoms is not getting his :T

DeadHungryKat
Osu~
将軍 (Shogun)
神様 (Kami)

« Reply #1184 on: March 09, 2018, 10:08:23 AM »

Wowowow! Germa 66 makes their grand entrance! With Luffy finally sleeping, I can breathe and confidently say he's gonna have no involvement into the final act of escaping. The allocation of spotlight will be on Sanji and the Germas and that'll be good. I'm still bitter at Katakuri losing, but whatever. This chapter is hype and it'll be hyper once 898 kicks off.

Pages: 1 ... 76 77 78 [79] 80 81  
Anime Stash Community Forum  |  Anime & Manga Discussion  |  Manga  |  Topic: one piece
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length