User Info
No avatar Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
November 21, 2017, 09:05:38 PM

Anime Stash Community Forum  |  Anime & Manga Discussion  |  Manga  |  Topic: one piece
Pages: 1 ... 74 75 76 [77]

Author Topic: one piece  (Read 107375 times)
Lord
Lord
後輩 (Kohai)

Shall I grant your wish?

Re: one piece
« Reply #1140 on: November 08, 2017, 12:08:29 AM »

I am fine with his power...someone who can maintain his composure in battles that deals with yonko stuff so easily is a total badass imo. Most would freak out with just cracker and this guy witnesses Big Mom's tantrum...I however find this difficult to digest that Luffy is able to beat him armament haki..Specially right now when he should be passing out from exhaustion any moment.
And true..though seemingly Big Mom's main ability is armament haki as she is the iron balloon 24-7..so maybe as excited mind is enemy of mantra, there might be a weakness for armament other than the physical exertion it puts on you...maybe grief.. :/

Thats quite possible..though Germa still confuse me..they are almost soulless machines in the end

When Dreams Come True and Wishes are Fulfilled, There Will Always be a Price to Pay
DeadHungryKat
Osu~
将軍 (Shogun)
神様 (Kami)

"Quality is my motto. It's my other half."

« Reply #1141 on: November 08, 2017, 02:56:10 PM »

That's what I'm griping as well. He's too damaged at one point and then last chapter, he got some short momentum and then what... sigh. I seriously don't know what to expect anymore from Luffy vs Katakuri. The idea of Katakuri losing in this very handicapped Luffy is just so ill-advised. If we can recall the fight with Cracker, Luffy should've been decimated if not for the homies and Nami's tremendous support. Now in a one-on-one fight, against the alleged strongest Sweet General. Luffy winning will be a laughable outcome.

About kenbunshoku, yeah, I think it's the same logic as busoshoku. The stronger the mind output, the harder it gets to predict the next movement and for Katakuri who heavily relies on his clairvoyance, that is gonna be fatal.

Saving anime from the clutches of money-ripping series providers. Hater of shitty Horriblesubs/Crunchyroll.
DeadHungryKat
Osu~
将軍 (Shogun)
神様 (Kami)

« Reply #1142 on: November 10, 2017, 01:06:38 PM »

Hahaha! Can't stop laughing at this chapter. Will Luffy and Brulee's ship start sailing after this?

Finally, the cake is done, but the pacing in the setting was kinda haphazard. Surely, Luffy and Katakuri were not fighting straight for approximately five hours given Sanji's claim the cake will be done in 9 hours. The cake still needs icing and whatever designing to look appetizing. Regardless, time to feed a big baby in a badass manner. It's now showtime, Sanji!

Saving anime from the clutches of money-ripping series providers. Hater of shitty Horriblesubs/Crunchyroll.
Lord
Lord
後輩 (Kohai)

Shall I grant your wish?

« Reply #1143 on: November 10, 2017, 01:29:47 PM »

Mhmm..even with gear 4 it was hard to have him being faster than Katakuri..and Bruce Lee was the lucky break and miracle we needed and am just glad that he hasnt beaten up Katakuri. Atleast not till he eats properly.
I dont think Sanji would poison even his enemies, but Big Mom could die out of deliciousness XD I still think its the cake that is going to be the savior. Sanji's arc would be incomplete if it happens to be about physical ability over culinary skills. but hell..things finally seem to be moving towards end
Katakuri is out of the pic, and Big Mom is focused on cake, with Pudding's help, others can be taken care of by the crew. The escape is almost at hand. I still think that we would need at least 1 more major intervention of some kind....which might come in form of Boa Hancock who rushes in to kill Brulee XD

When Dreams Come True and Wishes are Fulfilled, There Will Always be a Price to Pay
DeadHungryKat
Osu~
将軍 (Shogun)
神様 (Kami)

« Reply #1144 on: November 12, 2017, 02:23:00 PM »

Oh crap... Oda just revealed Wano arc will be in a year or two, so hypes down for a while. I bet he still don't know how the heck will he plot Kaido's defeat. WCI arc is certainly coming to its end, no way it will extend to another 20+ chapters. Cake's done and the rest will follow suit, hopefully it will show the escape towards somewhere, and that's probably safe enough to say it won't be Wano.

But come to think of it, Zoro's party has already made way to Wano. If Luffy's party escapes WCI, where the hell will the story go on onwards? I seriously think that splitting the crew sucks hell. It's really evident from Dressrosa and this WCI arc. Of course, the said arcs had good moments as well, but again, it's not really as good as when they're complete kicking their opponent's asses.

Lord
Lord
後輩 (Kohai)

Shall I grant your wish?

« Reply #1145 on: November 12, 2017, 07:07:32 PM »

Thats legit?? Well..good news, it will probably give him the chance to go into backstory, probably tell us about Roger pirates, what happened with revolutionaries, whitebeard crew, new admiral and other stuff like that..40-50 chapters should wrap this arc plus all that well enough. I am not satisfied with Sanji moments either, he needs to outshine Luffy even if is for a little while...hell..screw it, by the end of this, I want Luffy vs Big Mom in the end and Sanji vs Katakuri.
I know that its a bit much to ask for at this point, but its yonko saga afterall and if they are going after Kaido next, Luffy needs to overcome a big hurdle right now. Honestly looking at the pacing, escaping here, only to fight Kaido and come back to defeat Big Mom is asking for a bit much. And we know that Luffy has to go for a 1 on 1 meeting with each shichibukai too..there is just too much that lies ahead to leave things for later now, specially if escaping Big Mom is a task that could possibly take 40-100+ more chapters. Plus now that Sun Pirates are involved and fishmen are already in Mama's bad graces, its all the more important to settle things with her now.

Also..they say that Katakuri never lost right? idk if I am remembering it right, but if its so, then how come this guy isnt as big of legend as Kaido who had lost?

For Luffy vs Kaido, I might have said it before but I dont want it a match of strength as much as I want it to be a match of luck...the unkillable man vs child guided by fate. Luffy would've been dead multiple times over in anticlimatic ways if it werent for his exceptional luck, he faced each opponent at the right time of his capability. Like if it were for any other warlord except Mihawk (or later Kuma), Luffy and Zoro would be dead already in East Blue..same could be said about admirals he faced when he faced them..both were quite easygoing. I dont think Luffy even needs to beat Kaido, he just needs to show that he can harm him..like Luffy can scratch him with a knife and Kaido would be impressed enough to bet on him.

Though the biggest issue with yonko is what comes after you defeat them? With WB's death, things are still in chaos after 2 years, what happens if Luffy defeats Big Mom or Kaido, the islands under them would come under him? What happens to people who were under them? Would other emperors rush in? Even if strawhats can beat them in head on battle, defending territory is another thing...And its hard to imagine Mama's islands without her..plus its not like shichibukais and others they fought who would probably go to prison later on. Luffy doesnt kill and Big Mom is a child who even if she gets defeated, would certainly look for revenge.

And I got carried away with my rambling XD

DeadHungryKat
Osu~
将軍 (Shogun)
神様 (Kami)

« Reply #1146 on: November 13, 2017, 09:11:34 AM »

News came from a JP website, then I also saw it on ANN which spells its legitness. I still find it hard to believe Oda will persist on splitting the crew. But as you said, making an arc filled with side-characters is a rather refreshing idea, I just don't know how the hardcore fans would take such news though.

Luffy with Sanji, Nami, Chopper, Brooke and Jimbei is a much more appealing half of the Strawhats. They got the cook, the navigator and the doctor, three of their most crucial members. I hope they can somehow rendezvous with Vivi should Oda decide to let Luffy's party enter Reverie through Germa's connection. If you can recall, Germa said they would attend the upcoming leader gathering in Reverie, so I think it's slightly safe to say Luffy and the party will be able to actually go there as well.

About Katakuri, well, he's pretty notorious, but of course, Oda couldn't let him outshine his more notorious mother. If anything, I think Smoothie needs to get some badass screentime cause she's still like "useless" for most parts given Cracker's scuffle with Luffy and now Luffy with Katakuri. Oda needs to address her value or else, she will be the meme of the BMP.

I really agree with your sentiments. I still can't find the scene even in my wildest imaginations that Luffy will be able to beat Big Mom and Kaido. Teach is probably Luffy's only chance to defeat a yonko, and Shanks, well, we know their history. Still, the "level-up" factor should happen sooner than later. Luffy needs to gain some power-ups in the process and he also needs to recruit stronger allies if he is to move forward in his quest to become Pirate King.

Lord
Lord
後輩 (Kohai)

Shall I grant your wish?

« Reply #1147 on: November 16, 2017, 08:34:07 PM »

Aww man..Oda needs to hurry the pace up XD a yonko is worth more than a Doflamingo and needs a whole crew worth of showdown...still..this would be extending things too much ~_~ Maybe Blackbeard would take advantage of Big Mom being weakened and somehow manage to kill her after Luffy escapes, which would take care of need of the showdown and Katakuri would join Luffy against Teach..yeah..wishful thinking >_>
 I think the backstory of the world is needed and fans might appreciate it, but an entire miniarc is not out of question..but man..2 years before Robin and Usopp?  Sad

Oh yeah! that would make sense and that would even give a form of marine cover for them that would be difficult to get by for even Big Mom. I think Zoro part of the crew has much better chance at development. With exception of Luffy and Sanji we have about all the true beasts over there..Swordsman, marksman, assassin (Robin) and a cyborg who at one time matched Luffy. While Luffy definitely has more complete crew, if I want to destroy a whole country, Zoro group is what I would choose to send XD Hell..I am imagining a Netero's Guanyin form with Robin  with Usopp at head and Zoro as sword at one hand and Franky as gun on another XD (Yeah I still want the Big Emperor to become reality >_>). But all in all, these guys need a chance to shine without being outshined by Luffy and being stuck with insulting job like try to hold back the cage -_-

True..but if he werent for her son, I would have expected him to fight her at some point. Smoothie might get her chance at the official showdown. otherise we've 2 years, I am sure she would get her time.

Mhmm!! The level ups dont feel as gradual as they used to, seemingly in 1 arc they hope to jump from barely Doflamingo level to Katakuri..and then make at least a double of such jump to a yonko level. That might make a joke out of Kaido, Shanks, Whitebeard..if Luffy can do it now then Whitebeard and any of his 2 commanders would've been enough to wipe out Big Mom. Although if they dont defeat Mama now, I hope Luffy doesnt get his awakening atm either..I would save that for Wano arc...which I shudder to think how many years would it go for if Whole cake island itself would take like 3 years

Pages: 1 ... 74 75 76 [77]  
Anime Stash Community Forum  |  Anime & Manga Discussion  |  Manga  |  Topic: one piece
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length