User Info
No avatar Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
September 23, 2017, 12:03:03 PM

Anime Stash Community Forum  |  Anime & Manga Discussion  |  Manga  |  Topic: one piece
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 74 [75]

Author Topic: one piece  (Read 102196 times)
ametaratsu
I will be Harem King
神様 (Kami)

Is that a killing intent

Re: one piece
« Reply #1110 on: September 13, 2017, 05:50:09 PM »

looks like he is still alive after all i haven't recall any main character dying on a current arc besid white and red XD

do you have the guts?? http://yukala03.mybrute.com
DeadHungryKat
Osu~
将軍 (Shogun)
神様 (Kami)

Mai waifu~

« Reply #1111 on: September 13, 2017, 11:59:58 PM »

Nah, Pedro's dead. There's no way he's alive.

Quality is my motto. It's my other half.
Lord
Lord
後輩 (Kohai)

Shall I grant your wish?

« Reply #1112 on: September 15, 2017, 03:39:31 AM »

Well..Luffy is different now..Pedro just got killed, he just might make an impossible climb..even if it goes on for days, he shall steadily catch up to them..but man..cake will be the savior in the end imo.I dont think there will be much of tag teaming here atm..Luffy will just have to survive, or maybe they will just trade cake for Luffy and safe passage..I am worried that Big Mom might make them trade Sanji cause she likes her as a cook

I am still holding a candle for Pedro even if the explosion was powerful enough to knock over Big Mom cause damn..things are just getting really bad and we havent even gotten to Wano..and hell..Pell did the impossile

It feels like Luffy is a bit mature when he stuck with running away after Pedro's sacrifice..I half expected him to bazooka his way in.
Also, Big Mom was scary..when she came biting after the ship it made me think of Jurrasic Park and running away from a big T-Rex ._.

When Dreams Come True and Wishes are Fulfilled, There Will Always be a Price to Pay
DeadHungryKat
Osu~
将軍 (Shogun)
神様 (Kami)

Mai waifu~

« Reply #1113 on: Yesterday at 04:07:00 PM »

Well, that was expected. Katakuri looks like he's been fighting with minimal killing intent and still, it's a rout. I suppose the premise of this fight is to show how Luffy understood his role as a captain, not to have an outcome where he will be victorious, because I've been saying this all the time that Katakuri is a monster and now we may have yet to see his full potential... gosh, even with the whole Straw Hat crew plus Jimbei, they could still lose against a sole Katakuri, it's always the notion the dude left from his introduction of having the current highest bounty.

But Big Mom... I've been really annoyed by her antics in the last chapters. She's been rampaging since then and even forgot her two powers, Prometheus and Zeus. The panels dedicated to her are huge and she's still being hyped when there's no further need... c'mon Oda! Show us the cake!

So takeaways...

1. Luffy won't win no matter how hard he tries. There's not even 0.1% chance he can win, so the question is... how will he manage to live until the cake is done.
2. Sanji is still on that freaking slowpoke carpet when Luffy's getting wrecked.... when will this arc end? Wano was supposed to start by October!
3. Still no full backstory for Pedro. I was kinda expecting the formulaic Oda flashbacks but mhmm... there's none, instead Perospero got a similar treatment to Aokiji.
4. Big Mom is still getting hyped! We already had enough of her dope powers, so please I hope Oda trims her showing in the upcoming chapters.
5. Sanji needs to have that cake baked ASAP. No way Luffy will die, but obviously, he's facing the strongest enemy of his life where he's not even 100% recovered. In Oda I trust.

It seems next week won't have a break w/c is good, but I hope Oda will finally show us the cake. The Pudding gag is getting a bit old by now and I wish Sanji finally gets the baking started ASAP.

ametaratsu
I will be Harem King
神様 (Kami)

Is that a killing intent

« Reply #1114 on: Yesterday at 04:58:54 PM »

how pathetic this my hopes just got shatterd

do you have the guts?? http://yukala03.mybrute.com
Lord
Lord
後輩 (Kohai)

Shall I grant your wish?

« Reply #1115 on: Yesterday at 05:14:53 PM »

HOOOOOLY CRAAAAAAAAAAAP!!
Katakuri is just toying with him..ok..mochi cant do everything that runner can..I dont think gear 2 or 4 is possible for him, but then his base is better than those.
Remember when Luffy said that he wont let anyone else die again? aww man...I still hold a candle that as battle goes on Luffy would get stronger..we need some Luffy vs Lucci class action, because now its not just escape, I want their ass being kicked..why isnt he just eating mochi???

But that candy guy needs to die..dammit Jimbei, just get your ass off the boat and drown both of those losers :T Considering Oda has brought him along the ride means that Brook and Chopper are about to get a second shot
I think its wise to lay off Pedro's backstory for now..I think things like those should be tackled once they get into explaining about Roger more..

I think how OP Katakuri is is enough to hype Big Mom now XD though while it isnt done in sanity, I think it was smart to not to use Zeus here..if Nami got it under her spell one more time then Mama would drown and a thunderbolt in water on a powerless Big Mom should be enough to kill even her....now that I said it, I would like Nami bringing down a yonkou..

When Dreams Come True and Wishes are Fulfilled, There Will Always be a Price to Pay
DeadHungryKat
Osu~
将軍 (Shogun)
神様 (Kami)

Mai waifu~

« Reply #1116 on: Today at 07:07:21 AM »

But at this point, I really can't read Oda's intentions on how Luffy and the entire Strawhats will fare in Wano. In this arc, there is the "excuse" of them being halved in overall strength, so you gotta wonder. Luffy versus Cracker was never tightly contested until Nami breaks the deadlock with her wits. I'll assume Luffy is still far stronger than Zoro and Sanji, and they will have to fight a dude in Cracker's level in Wano. It's gonna be surely bloody. Jimbei is a very nice addition, though.

I kinda feel Oda keeps hyping Big Mom simply because she was heavily downplayed when Nami NTR'd Zeus. It's his redemption for Big Mom's status as one of the four strongest pirates. But heck, it's very unnecessary, since from the flashback of Big Mom inadvertently clobbering the entire Elbaf race, it's enough to say she's one of the strongest ever.

Luffy vs Katakuri is a really good idea, but from the get-go, Oda already revealed the huge disadvantage. Luffy is not 100%, still even though if that isn't the case, I can still see a beatdown. Katakuri, with all his cool demeanor, is not underestimating Luffy. He's one heck of a prudent fighter and is very intelligent. He knows Luffy's potential and that he will be a huge threat someday, so with all of this points taken very seriously by Katakuri, I doubt he will give Luffy a slack. It's only a matter of time before he overwhelms Luffy to death, if it's according to their fighting stats and not because of the scenario. But again, Oda is a very capable writer. I trust that he knows Luffy beating Katakuri even by some fluke will be ill-advised, especially at this point. Though, I need Luffy to get a punch on Katakuri's face, it's the least Oda can do for Luffy.

Perospero... dude is a 700M bounty man so I suppose him being alive is not a surprise. Brook and Chopper vs him might be the best thing after Luffy vs Katakuri this arc. But yet again, I simply don't see a conclusion where the Strawhats will score a victory against the BMP in this arc. They simply needs to escape, beat Kaidou in Wano, meet BMP again in Elbaf and there's the destined royal rumble. As for my preferred matchups...

--Luffy will definitely take on Big Mom by the time they meet again in Elbaf. Still, I do think Luffy will again team up with other Supernovas.
--Zoro will probably fight either Smoothie or Cracker since they have swords. Usually, it's suppose to be Katakuri, but Katakuri doesn't have any sword weapons, so they kinda miss each other's weaknesses. I fancy Zoro vs Cracker since they have high-level Busoshoku.
--Sanji vs Katakuri seems to be the perfect match since they fight without weapons. They also have very advanced Kenbunshoku Haki, so they are clearly overlapping each other's strengths.
--Jimbei will get either Smoothie or Cracker. Probably, Smoothie.
--Brook/Chopper will fight Perospero.

Others pending...

Pages: 1 ... 72 73 74 [75]  
Anime Stash Community Forum  |  Anime & Manga Discussion  |  Manga  |  Topic: one piece
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length