User Info
No avatar Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
November 22, 2017, 11:06:44 AM

Anime Stash Community Forum  |  Anime & Manga Discussion  |  Manga  |  Topic: one piece
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 74 [75] 76 77

Author Topic: one piece  (Read 107409 times)
ametaratsu
I will be Harem King
神様 (Kami)

Is that a killing intent

Re: one piece
« Reply #1110 on: September 13, 2017, 05:50:09 PM »

looks like he is still alive after all i haven't recall any main character dying on a current arc besid white and red XD

do you have the guts?? http://yukala03.mybrute.com
DeadHungryKat
Osu~
将軍 (Shogun)
神様 (Kami)

"Quality is my motto. It's my other half."

« Reply #1111 on: September 13, 2017, 11:59:58 PM »

Nah, Pedro's dead. There's no way he's alive.

Saving anime from the clutches of money-ripping series providers. Hater of shitty Horriblesubs/Crunchyroll.
Lord
Lord
後輩 (Kohai)

Shall I grant your wish?

« Reply #1112 on: September 15, 2017, 03:39:31 AM »

Well..Luffy is different now..Pedro just got killed, he just might make an impossible climb..even if it goes on for days, he shall steadily catch up to them..but man..cake will be the savior in the end imo.I dont think there will be much of tag teaming here atm..Luffy will just have to survive, or maybe they will just trade cake for Luffy and safe passage..I am worried that Big Mom might make them trade Sanji cause she likes her as a cook

I am still holding a candle for Pedro even if the explosion was powerful enough to knock over Big Mom cause damn..things are just getting really bad and we havent even gotten to Wano..and hell..Pell did the impossile

It feels like Luffy is a bit mature when he stuck with running away after Pedro's sacrifice..I half expected him to bazooka his way in.
Also, Big Mom was scary..when she came biting after the ship it made me think of Jurrasic Park and running away from a big T-Rex ._.

When Dreams Come True and Wishes are Fulfilled, There Will Always be a Price to Pay
DeadHungryKat
Osu~
将軍 (Shogun)
神様 (Kami)

« Reply #1113 on: September 22, 2017, 04:07:00 PM »

Well, that was expected. Katakuri looks like he's been fighting with minimal killing intent and still, it's a rout. I suppose the premise of this fight is to show how Luffy understood his role as a captain, not to have an outcome where he will be victorious, because I've been saying this all the time that Katakuri is a monster and now we may have yet to see his full potential... gosh, even with the whole Straw Hat crew plus Jimbei, they could still lose against a sole Katakuri, it's always the notion the dude left from his introduction of having the current highest bounty.

But Big Mom... I've been really annoyed by her antics in the last chapters. She's been rampaging since then and even forgot her two powers, Prometheus and Zeus. The panels dedicated to her are huge and she's still being hyped when there's no further need... c'mon Oda! Show us the cake!

So takeaways...

1. Luffy won't win no matter how hard he tries. There's not even 0.1% chance he can win, so the question is... how will he manage to live until the cake is done.
2. Sanji is still on that freaking slowpoke carpet when Luffy's getting wrecked.... when will this arc end? Wano was supposed to start by October!
3. Still no full backstory for Pedro. I was kinda expecting the formulaic Oda flashbacks but mhmm... there's none, instead Perospero got a similar treatment to Aokiji.
4. Big Mom is still getting hyped! We already had enough of her dope powers, so please I hope Oda trims her showing in the upcoming chapters.
5. Sanji needs to have that cake baked ASAP. No way Luffy will die, but obviously, he's facing the strongest enemy of his life where he's not even 100% recovered. In Oda I trust.

It seems next week won't have a break w/c is good, but I hope Oda will finally show us the cake. The Pudding gag is getting a bit old by now and I wish Sanji finally gets the baking started ASAP.

Saving anime from the clutches of money-ripping series providers. Hater of shitty Horriblesubs/Crunchyroll.
ametaratsu
I will be Harem King
神様 (Kami)

Is that a killing intent

« Reply #1114 on: September 22, 2017, 04:58:54 PM »

how pathetic this my hopes just got shatterd

do you have the guts?? http://yukala03.mybrute.com
Lord
Lord
後輩 (Kohai)

Shall I grant your wish?

« Reply #1115 on: September 22, 2017, 05:14:53 PM »

HOOOOOLY CRAAAAAAAAAAAP!!
Katakuri is just toying with him..ok..mochi cant do everything that runner can..I dont think gear 2 or 4 is possible for him, but then his base is better than those.
Remember when Luffy said that he wont let anyone else die again? aww man...I still hold a candle that as battle goes on Luffy would get stronger..we need some Luffy vs Lucci class action, because now its not just escape, I want their ass being kicked..why isnt he just eating mochi???

But that candy guy needs to die..dammit Jimbei, just get your ass off the boat and drown both of those losers :T Considering Oda has brought him along the ride means that Brook and Chopper are about to get a second shot
I think its wise to lay off Pedro's backstory for now..I think things like those should be tackled once they get into explaining about Roger more..

I think how OP Katakuri is is enough to hype Big Mom now XD though while it isnt done in sanity, I think it was smart to not to use Zeus here..if Nami got it under her spell one more time then Mama would drown and a thunderbolt in water on a powerless Big Mom should be enough to kill even her....now that I said it, I would like Nami bringing down a yonkou..

When Dreams Come True and Wishes are Fulfilled, There Will Always be a Price to Pay
DeadHungryKat
Osu~
将軍 (Shogun)
神様 (Kami)

« Reply #1116 on: September 23, 2017, 07:07:21 AM »

But at this point, I really can't read Oda's intentions on how Luffy and the entire Strawhats will fare in Wano. In this arc, there is the "excuse" of them being halved in overall strength, so you gotta wonder. Luffy versus Cracker was never tightly contested until Nami breaks the deadlock with her wits. I'll assume Luffy is still far stronger than Zoro and Sanji, and they will have to fight a dude in Cracker's level in Wano. It's gonna be surely bloody. Jimbei is a very nice addition, though.

I kinda feel Oda keeps hyping Big Mom simply because she was heavily downplayed when Nami NTR'd Zeus. It's his redemption for Big Mom's status as one of the four strongest pirates. But heck, it's very unnecessary, since from the flashback of Big Mom inadvertently clobbering the entire Elbaf race, it's enough to say she's one of the strongest ever.

Luffy vs Katakuri is a really good idea, but from the get-go, Oda already revealed the huge disadvantage. Luffy is not 100%, still even though if that isn't the case, I can still see a beatdown. Katakuri, with all his cool demeanor, is not underestimating Luffy. He's one heck of a prudent fighter and is very intelligent. He knows Luffy's potential and that he will be a huge threat someday, so with all of this points taken very seriously by Katakuri, I doubt he will give Luffy a slack. It's only a matter of time before he overwhelms Luffy to death, if it's according to their fighting stats and not because of the scenario. But again, Oda is a very capable writer. I trust that he knows Luffy beating Katakuri even by some fluke will be ill-advised, especially at this point. Though, I need Luffy to get a punch on Katakuri's face, it's the least Oda can do for Luffy.

Perospero... dude is a 700M bounty man so I suppose him being alive is not a surprise. Brook and Chopper vs him might be the best thing after Luffy vs Katakuri this arc. But yet again, I simply don't see a conclusion where the Strawhats will score a victory against the BMP in this arc. They simply needs to escape, beat Kaidou in Wano, meet BMP again in Elbaf and there's the destined royal rumble. As for my preferred matchups...

--Luffy will definitely take on Big Mom by the time they meet again in Elbaf. Still, I do think Luffy will again team up with other Supernovas.
--Zoro will probably fight either Smoothie or Cracker since they have swords. Usually, it's suppose to be Katakuri, but Katakuri doesn't have any sword weapons, so they kinda miss each other's weaknesses. I fancy Zoro vs Cracker since they have high-level Busoshoku.
--Sanji vs Katakuri seems to be the perfect match since they fight without weapons. They also have very advanced Kenbunshoku Haki, so they are clearly overlapping each other's strengths.
--Jimbei will get either Smoothie or Cracker. Probably, Smoothie.
--Brook/Chopper will fight Perospero.

Others pending...

Lord
Lord
後輩 (Kohai)

Shall I grant your wish?

« Reply #1117 on: September 23, 2017, 08:37:33 PM »

If I had to take a guess I would say that Big Mom is just going to let them go cause they are going against Kaido. She would want an opportunity to not only help being Kaido down, but also steal rio poneglyph for which hell..I dont understand why all 4 yonkos are not going nuts over strawhats for capturing Robin? Even Crocodile understood her importance and he didnt even know about her being the key to One Piece!
uhh..I got sidetracked there, Big Mom might even send Katakuri with them for such an important mission. Over the adventure Katakuri might develop bonds with these guys and for when they return to Big Mom and defeat her, he would join strawhats cause rest of the others are too weak for what lies ahead undecided
(I have a feeling that defeating Big Mom might have to do with her past more than just beating her down)

True, though even with Zeus it feels like he was setting it up to hype Mama cause man..she is up likes its nothing after everything. Even Kaido has an upper limit that we know of, Big Mom feels like she can eat Whitebeard

Oh yeah, he is taking it seriously, but not like giving his all kind of way. He is just taking Luffy's attack and crushing it while it seems like he can just end it in an instant. I do agree that it might go somewhere along those lines..Luffy might end up impressing Katakuri at the least before this is over.

Agreed on it all, except I want Pero getting an ass-whooping now ~_~ They are in sea with a fishman and to stop Mama they need to stop Pero now. If together they cant do even that much then they should just quit the crew and be done with it ~_~ Luffy and Nami did defeat Cracker, now while they all arent that strong, their combined effort should be enough. Still..it might be too much to ask for while escaping Big Mom

DeadHungryKat
Osu~
将軍 (Shogun)
神様 (Kami)

« Reply #1118 on: September 24, 2017, 12:56:56 AM »

Great insight, mate! I kinda fancy Katakuri joining Luffy, he's really one cool character and for that to happen, Luffy should make a drastic move to shake Katakuri's resolve because he strikes me as a very loyal subject to his mother. I mean, even if Big Mom allows him to tag along Luffy, if there's no catalyst to make Katakuri even wanting to join the crew, I don't see any compelling point for him to join and help the Strawhats' cause to bring Kaidou down. He'll be just a stoic addition, still following Mama's orders and won't give much damn about the crew's safety. But maybe I'm just expecting too much on the possibility Katakuri might remotely join the crew. On paper, him being with the Strawhats is already a super huge boost on their overall strength.

About the defeat of Big Mom... mhmm, I'm kinda torn about it. Luffy is not a gentleman like Sanji. He doesn't care much for appearance, if there's a brawl to win, no matter what the gender, Luffy will engage. But I also feel what you said is really viable. If Big Mom will be defeated through other terms but fighting, then I can dig that. Maybe helping her realize her dreams without violence? Hahaha, it's a high wall to conquer! I bet it's even a bigger challenge than finding the One Piece!

Still, the BMP doesn't really strike me as a potent evil. I mean, behind Big Mom's childish tantrums and attitude, she wishes something like world-peace. They can be a potential ally in the future, if there's going to be another Paramount War which will greatly boost Strawhats' survival.

For their escape, I'm itching every week to get the whole picture, but it always gets muddled with Oda's latest installment of chapters. There's his editor saying Wano might start October, and it's like, no way it's happening since there's no sign of imminent ending on WCI arc soon. I even feel like 10 chapters won't be enough to wrap things up especially with the chaos involved.

Lord
Lord
後輩 (Kohai)

Shall I grant your wish?

« Reply #1119 on: September 24, 2017, 06:18:18 PM »

True, its unlikely but he is just so damn cool! XD We need strong additions to crew, and it would only be possible if things settle down with Big Mom first. We don know much about Big Mom's crew's backstor but. 2+ of her kids did leave her She seems to be more intimidation than loe kind of thing.

It is quite possible that with Big Mom it might have something to do with her past, but as it always happens in One Piece, it would still be settled with a brawl. I am hoping that it would be cause of Mother Caramel, cause as the things stand atm, even if Mama calms down with the cake, she would still go berserk with all that rage about what Luffy did..and I doubt Luffy would be smart enough to come up with world peace plan thing XD

True..I guess Oda said that cause there isnt much of story left there in terms of plot so he is misjudging how much space it is going to take but honestly I cant wait for Wano..mostly cause idk what to expect there. Though I am hoping for a crushing defeat by one of Kaido's commanders if the alternative is to not to beat Kaido one on one. I dont want help from revolutionaries, Shanks, supernovas, marines or even from within the crew and allies...I dont care how long it drags on or for how many years, by the end of this I want Luffy to beat Kaido one on one in a fair fight.

DeadHungryKat
Osu~
将軍 (Shogun)
神様 (Kami)

« Reply #1120 on: September 29, 2017, 04:07:55 PM »

Okay... RIP Strawhats, it's been a fun 20 years...

But seriously, Luffy will not ever win against Katakuri, Sanji will take at least 3 hours making the cake and Sunny is on the brink of being drowned unless they managed to perfectly timed a Coup D' Burst or somebody from Jimbei's old mates dying to protect them. This is utter despair. She's literally killing this manga.

Takeaways...

-- Glad Oda took the time to make an ample showing on Sanji/Pudding/Chiffon scenario. Their quest to bake the cake is basically the most important part of the upcoming closure of the arc. Sanji, being his dope self with bits of his pervy side is the most fun to see. Pudding, dying because of her obvious love for Sanji is also a killer, it's hilarious.
-- Luffy's situation is the worst of them all. He's basically gonna need some freaking miracle to stay alive. Katakuri is not even being aggressive, he's just basically fending every move of Luffy. No way Luffy can get into G4 in his battered condition, unless he can eat the shards of mirror lying around Brulee's Mirro-world.
-- I'm really glad Big Mom's contribution to this chapter is so scarce that you can only see her two times and take note, only in the last page. But what kind of power is she using now? I recall Big Mom was described as someone who can control the weather, so with Zeus being the cloud, Prometheus being the sun, does that mean she has an elemental sprite in water form? But the facial demeanor of the tsunami looks like her cloud Zeus so... whatever. I'll simply anticipate next chapter.
-- Who the heck will save Sunny. At this point, making speculations is inevitable.
1. The Sun Pirates aka Jimbei's former crew is a front-runner to headline the next chapter making a grand entrance. With them being creatures of the sea, they are the logical rescue Oda must introduce next chapter.
2. Next, Grand Luffy Fleet... well, the probability of them showing up is next to zero, but their huge number can shake the complexion of the current situation and they can surely help save Luffy amidst all the chaos with top fighters in their ranks i.e Cavendish, Bartolomeo, Sai etc.
3. The Revolutionaries... I made a post regarding they will make an appearance on either Wano or in East Blue after their alleged defeat to the Blackbeard Pirates. If Sabo alone can make an appearance to help Sunny escape its dilemma then I can dig it. But again, probability is almost zero.

Looking forward to how Oda will solve all the problems he himself devised.

Lord
Lord
後輩 (Kohai)

Shall I grant your wish?

« Reply #1121 on: September 29, 2017, 07:48:49 PM »

That was...damn...a hell lot of holy crap...How does her power works on ocean??? Is there that much candy in the ocean?Huh I dont think its weather that she controls, but the things in itself..like the forest, but in her attacks she puts her soul in the forces of nature...her power is about souls imo..though why are they shitting their pants? Didnt they face a bigger tsunami during water7-cp9 arc? It might be an attack of big mom, but its still water

True..it all does comes back to the cake, so its almost like a cooking manga. Good..I wont think much if all blue and Sanji's goal if there wasnt atleast that much to it

Isnt Luffy just rubber? Cant he just squeeze in through the broken shard?

Yeah..I dont think this would be solved without some outside help. I would bet on revolutionaries. neither Sun Pirates nor Luffy's fleet have anything near what it takes to stop this. And not just in power, but in knowledge too.
Revolutionaries are good at gathering intelligence and might have known about this plot ever since around Sanji's bounty came out. The fate of whole North Blue is at stack here and they might not miss his, which is why Blackbeard had easy time with whatever he found behind while strong guys were prepping for Big Mom. It is possible that Dragon has either power of weather or wind and he might be able to bring the fight to mama on equal terms. Sabo wont leave without Luffy and Katakuri's first thought would be to help mama and Luffy can follow him out.
Sanji's family had some good pull right? Maybe Marines came to help them out...who are again enemies and this would be a terrible situation but we need a miracle now!!

Though good news- Either that miracle happens in next chapter, or One Piece ends..or..they might just skip to Wano arc where Zoro gets all the well deserved focus...who again will most definitely get decimated, but whatever miracle intervenes saves him too and unites the crew later on.

Anyway..remember there was something during East Blue arcs that either described devil fruits or grandline and said something about tsunamis, earthquakes, storms, etc?

DeadHungryKat
Osu~
将軍 (Shogun)
神様 (Kami)

« Reply #1122 on: September 30, 2017, 11:59:47 AM »

Back then, the tsunami was naturally made by waves, this time it's generated from Big Mom's power and no Luffy and Zoro to protect them. With Chopper and Brook not being able to swim, that wave could kill them, unless Jimbei saves them in a dope fashion.

Luffy's ability to be a diminutive chibi was lost after the 2 years post-skip. Besides, it was never depicted that Luffy's rubber ability allows him to be compressed, it's mostly being stretched. Oda will probably drag Luffy and Katakuri's fight in a bit more chapters until the cake is done. Though with Luffy's condition in this chapter, I wonder how the hell is he still alive after huge fights with Cracker, Sanji, Big Mom and now, Katakuri. He has taken too much damage.

Revolutionaries entering WCI is a thought that's pretty hard to buy. I mean, yeah, they're master infiltrators but there was no sign of them from the get-go. In Dressrosa, they were revealed at some point mid-way the arc, so them popping out from nowhere is a bit convenient for Luffy's part. However, if it's only Sabo making an appearance then it's all good. He has Luffy's Vivre Card afterall, he must've sensed Luffy's diminishing life from all the fights he's been through this arc. However, again, Sabo is a DF user, he won't really matter in the current dilemma the Strawhats are in. So I'd say the Sun Pirates will be the one to save them.

Uh, Wano. Zoro's stocks have been usually high so for him to have a dedicated focus is far-fetched especially if Oda doesn't give him a twist like he's a descendant of the royal family of the Wano shogun, or if he's connected to Oden or something. I can't see it happening. Zoro's story started at East Blue. He was an orphan and he didn't make any vague statements like Sanji saying he's born in North Blue. So for him to be connected with some Wano origin is close to impossible. We all know that Sanji only had this WCI arc dedicated to him because he was just left behind in exposure. His stocks weren't as hot as Zoro especially at what happened in Thriller Bark and thanks to Oda's Prince backstory, he had to take one heck of a plummet dive to get an arc for himself. If there's one crucial thing that Oda would give Zoro, it's a match that will show all of his weaknesses. Zoro was too invincible after the 2 year post-skip. He didn't even bleed in his fight in Dressrosa. He was even able to almost kill Hordy underwater. In a sense, he was too strong to get a dedicated focus. I'm still pushing for a Kuina and Zoro reunion in Wano. I really want her to be part of Kaidou's top three commanders and she'll have the opportunity to beat up Zoro and break one of his prided katana. If Oda wants to give Zoro some room for growth, it has to start again from him getting beaten up badly to erase the persistent aura of invincibility around him.

Lord
Lord
後輩 (Kohai)

Shall I grant your wish?

« Reply #1123 on: September 30, 2017, 07:09:24 PM »

Yeah, but that was one badass tsunami..and I wonder if Mama's powers are not just DF ability. Though I just thought of a good way to beat her...give her another devil fruit to eat >_>

Oh yeah, but he can be flexible right? I am imagining some sort of Octopus like thing happening. And yuuup..even if he gets out right now, he will be going into another big war all over again.

Mhmm..the chances are low, but in terms of power, I cant see much other hope, not just for here, but for Wano as well. If Sabo does come it would be hell lot of cool. I want to see him facing Big Mom and her army. I kind of want to keep Sun Pirates out of this cause first of all, I dont really put much into their ability, even with the pills that New Fishmen pirates took, and secondly, fishmen are in hot waters as it is, I wonder what Mama will do if they get in her way any more.

I really dont want any more noble births or destined child here >_> Zoro is good as someone who is badass not cause he was son of anyone, but cause he just decided to be. Yeah, Zoro getting beaten in worse manner and hopefully by Kuina would be pretty darn awesome. I really would like if in this arc, we dont get much of contribution from Luffy and others. They can make this about growth of all the characters like Robin, Franky and Usopp. It would be nice if Usopp can go to Elbaf as a brave warrior. I hope he is forced to stand in front of Kaido himself for sake of others and after that nothing shall scare him.

Lord
Lord
後輩 (Kohai)

Shall I grant your wish?

« Reply #1124 on: October 05, 2017, 10:20:59 PM »

*sips green tea*

Ahh...as expected of fishmen, they are best with matters involving water!

Pages: 1 ... 72 73 74 [75] 76 77  
Anime Stash Community Forum  |  Anime & Manga Discussion  |  Manga  |  Topic: one piece
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length