User Info
No avatar Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
September 23, 2017, 12:07:52 PM

Anime Stash Community Forum  |  Anime & Manga Discussion  |  Manga  |  Topic: one piece
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 73 [74] 75

Author Topic: one piece  (Read 102197 times)
ametaratsu
I will be Harem King
神様 (Kami)

Is that a killing intent

Re: one piece
« Reply #1095 on: August 27, 2017, 09:58:23 AM »

i guess this will end big mom sucking on the straw hat pirates because of the food XD

do you have the guts?? http://yukala03.mybrute.com
Lord
Lord
後輩 (Kohai)

Shall I grant your wish?

« Reply #1096 on: August 27, 2017, 01:04:40 PM »

I wonder about that, they might make a deal with her subordinates to help with the cake in exchange of safe passage, but they hav caused way too much grief to her to just get away with a cake.

When Dreams Come True and Wishes are Fulfilled, There Will Always be a Price to Pay
DeadHungryKat
Osu~
将軍 (Shogun)
神様 (Kami)

Mai waifu~

« Reply #1097 on: September 01, 2017, 12:00:32 AM »

NOOOOO, Pedro!

Damn, I think this chapter will start to change the complexion of this closure of this arc. I've said it in my previous posts, I am getting too disappointed at the nigh ending, but seriously, having someone died in Luffy's party, albeit Pedro not being an official strawhat is a damn bummer. Sanji better make that cake in a jiffy and help Luffy and the others cause he's their only salvation now. Katakuri vs Luffy, in just a few panels showed inconsistency. I know Katakuri is not a Busoshoku master like Cracker, but he could see few steps ahead of future, right? So why the heck wasn't it emphasized on their fight? Surely, Oda knows Luffy is too weak for Katakuri, especially in Luffy's depleted stamina.

I pity Chopper in the panels he's in. He's crying genuinely T_T and wtf, the bounty of Perospero is 700M! Whoa, that's even higher than Sabo who's 602M. Well, setting aside the inconsistent bounty system, I think I underestimated the eldest son of Big Mom. Perospero is definitely on the scale of the Monster Trio's level. I thought he was just a middle-class fighter like Brooke, but yeah, I'm wrong.

With Big Mom on their back, this is gonna be game over unless Sanji saves them. He could've just leave using his "Geppou" and not ride Pudding's slow carpet. I'm kinda excited to see next chapter, although next week is a break. I hope the fight of Katakuri and Luffy doesn't drag on because it'll take too much hype and Sanji's baking the all-significant cake will be of lesser impact. Imagine, Sanji making the cake and Luffy beating Katakuri one-on-one, hahaha, it's too convenient of a plot-armor.

Quality is my motto. It's my other half.
Lord
Lord
後輩 (Kohai)

Shall I grant your wish?

« Reply #1098 on: September 01, 2017, 12:14:27 PM »

Goddamit..I dont like it..I dont like it at all :T

I guess Katakuri wasnt even taking them seriously..Luffy and others werent worthy rnough for him to get worked up, he must be more focused on Mom.

Poor guy..would've been an irony with his sweet tooth..all his life he ate candies, now candy was eating him >_> True about bounty, putting strength aside, just being a top of revolutionary army would warrant more from world government than a subordinate of big mom...who is a great amount of trouble, but she isnt a direct threat to them. None of us took him very seriously...if he is still alive, I would rather have Big Mom just eat him up right now! >_> Though..he might just be a low level fighter. When the totality of straw hat pirates face Big Mom's again, we might have Chopper defeat him.

I think they are just gonna coup de burst out of here next chapter and katakuri would be caught off guard by it or something..or worse...most likely he jumped off to protect Pero who would just be knocked off by the explosion, that would get them free to run away..

When Dreams Come True and Wishes are Fulfilled, There Will Always be a Price to Pay
ametaratsu
I will be Harem King
神様 (Kami)

Is that a killing intent

« Reply #1099 on: September 01, 2017, 01:54:43 PM »

nah what really concern me is pedro,, what is he thinking anyway

Lord
Lord
後輩 (Kohai)

Shall I grant your wish?

« Reply #1100 on: September 03, 2017, 09:19:42 PM »

Ikr...like that little bomb would harm anyone..they survived the castle busting one

DeadHungryKat
Osu~
将軍 (Shogun)
神様 (Kami)

Mai waifu~

« Reply #1101 on: September 03, 2017, 11:46:59 PM »

Hahaha, do you think Oda will pull another "Pell" stunt with Pedro?

ametaratsu
I will be Harem King
神様 (Kami)

Is that a killing intent

« Reply #1102 on: September 05, 2017, 12:10:01 PM »

a distruction may be but pedro dying just like that is anti climatic. and man chopper really need to stand out

DeadHungryKat
Osu~
将軍 (Shogun)
神様 (Kami)

Mai waifu~

« Reply #1103 on: September 05, 2017, 12:28:16 PM »

Well, I'll be honest... Pedro's death is a "must" happening.

From the very start, Big Mom knows the Strawhats' inflitration. If she wills it, she could've swatted them like maggot, but heck Oda won't allow that. I can dig if Pedro manage to survived, but as of now, his death will put Luffy and the crew in the worst possible shape right before they could take off. Imagine the conundrum they must feel, they got one ally killed right before their eyes. It should test their resolve and will further push them to realize messing with a Yonkou means serious business akin to risking one's life.

ametaratsu
I will be Harem King
神様 (Kami)

Is that a killing intent

« Reply #1104 on: September 06, 2017, 11:41:18 AM »

well that won't happen i think, after all i can't recall deaths happening on the same timeline on OP besides white beard and ace XD

DeadHungryKat
Osu~
将軍 (Shogun)
神様 (Kami)

Mai waifu~

« Reply #1105 on: September 06, 2017, 03:31:20 PM »

So you think this "death" of Pedro is a faux one like that of Pell of Arabasta?

Well, One Piece has not shy away of death, yeah, not by character given depth, but Doflamingo bloody regime, Enel's brute ruling on Skypiea, Arlong in East Blue... these arcs have tons of casualty although mob characters. I still feel One Piece needs to configure their approach on death since it's obvious the bloody battles have yet to come. Yonko, the new Marines, along with the joke condition of the Shichibukai, from this stage on, Luffy will battle foes that are stronger than him and his entire crew. If they managed to defeat their adversaries without casualties, then it'll be a major contradiction to Oda's statements that even he didn't know how Luffy will beat future enemies. Simply, because he don't know, Luffy just managed to get a new powerup scenario will be crap and for sure, a massive backlash will eat One Piece's legacy.

ametaratsu
I will be Harem King
神様 (Kami)

Is that a killing intent

« Reply #1106 on: September 06, 2017, 03:36:32 PM »

well yeah, there are no major death all i can remmember is white beard and ace other deaths happened in the past,

DeadHungryKat
Osu~
将軍 (Shogun)
神様 (Kami)

Mai waifu~

« Reply #1107 on: September 06, 2017, 03:46:18 PM »

The war on Wano will probably be bloody. It's the first real fight against a Yonko... and in war, casualty, even a main character is inevitable...

[Inserts Neji]  cool

Lord
Lord
後輩 (Kohai)

Shall I grant your wish?

« Reply #1108 on: September 07, 2017, 07:27:50 PM »

This thing needs to be a reality check..they have been a bit too arrogant ever since new world..which I get, they want to show their friends how tough they have gotten and that they would not let anything happen to the crew anymore..but after doflamingo they need to realize whose seas they are sailing and what it would take..man, I would go on another training session myself..
I am imagining Kaido just putting them all in a cage and making them fight like gladiators...something like if they can defeat their top commanders then they can challenge him, if they win, great, if not, they would've to take place of the fallen commander and aid him in his war against akagami...cause seriously, they need that brutal training now...

But you know..after so long I am worried about revolutionary army too...I hope this doesnt turn into- tackle kaido later, first we got to rescue sabo mission

DeadHungryKat
Osu~
将軍 (Shogun)
神様 (Kami)

Mai waifu~

« Reply #1109 on: September 13, 2017, 03:44:03 PM »

Goodness, I think Oda lost his touch on the finale of this chapter... With all due respect to Luffy's capabilities, I don't think he can beat Katakuri 99.9%. I mean, he barely defeated Cracker with a sucker punch, so why? I can't help but wonder.

Still, this chapter is such a deep one. I believe Pedro's death will finally put away the "happy-go-lucky" attitude from the SH every time they are in trouble, especially now that they are going to take down the Yonkos. I don't mean they need to be so damn serious all the time, but they need to insert to their skulls that fighting a Yonko means they could get killed anytime. No ones safe, unless they become vigilant.

Still, I believe in Oda. The hyped fight will surely come into an immature ending with either Sanji saving Luffy by feeding the cake to Big Mom, or him double-teaming with Luffy to take on Katakuri or whatever, Oda just needs to present a viable outcome. There's no logical means for Luffy to have a shot to take down Katakuri under the current circumstances.

But my takeaways are:

--Pedro's backstory... must be explored more on the next chapters. I believe it has a potential to be bloody great.
--It feels like Carrot will be the next nakama based on the colored pages. The "prior enemy" pretext is missing though.
--Luffy entering serious mode is always welcome. I remember having goosebumps watching the Sabaody arc especially when Luffy ordered everyone to retreat. He knows his place and that it shows how much he values everyone in his crew that he's even willing to lose his life in the process.
--Big Mom is annoying in the background. She's still trying to eat... she was a riot at first, now she's just plain asinine.
--Lastly, WhyTF is he still alive?!

Pages: 1 ... 71 72 73 [74] 75  
Anime Stash Community Forum  |  Anime & Manga Discussion  |  Manga  |  Topic: one piece
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length