User Info
No avatar Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
October 24, 2019, 06:05:02 AM

Anime Stash Community Forum  |  The Lounge  |  Technology & The Internet  |  Gaming  |  Topic: any good pc games?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: any good pc games?  (Read 13728 times)
applesauce

Email
Re: any good pc games?
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2009, 11:12:19 PM »

wouldn't the progressive scan capability of some ps2 games full under HD methinks
Gambi
What are you looking at ? O.o
神様 (Kami)

AHHHHHHH! IT'S THE HUMAN ATOMIC BOMB!!

« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2009, 11:45:03 PM »

HD = high widescreen resolution

which would be
720p --> 1280720
1080p --> 19201080
and of course theire evil step brothers (e.g. 1024768)
 .... but the ps2 does not support any of those resolutions ... technically it does if u play the games on the ps3 on an HD TV ... since the ps 3 does send an HD resolution picture to the screen ... but if the picture is just 1/3 of the screen and the rest is black its somewhat laugheable to say thats HD  O_o

and stretching the picture is stretching ... not really a picture in that resolution : /

anyways ... progressive scan is something that is used (at times) with HD ... but it doesnt mean somethign that uses it is HD 
« Last Edit: July 02, 2009, 11:47:39 PM by Gambi » Logged

"Hey ... would you say I became a hero?"

I'm usually misunderstood! - That's how I sit at home in front of my screen!                
applesauce

Email
« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2009, 11:50:24 PM »

ok i understand now. usually i would research stuff like this but since i always had my 360 connected to HDTV i never bothered.
entity
侍 (Samurai)
神様 (Kami)

Wanna dance?

« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2009, 11:58:10 PM »

I didnt mean it was HD or full HD, but component is still better than composite cables (those are the cables that are red yellow and white) component cables use red green and blue cables.

You can get 480p with component cables (actually component cables have a capacity upto 1080i but as gambi said the ps2 is limited to 480), but i think 480i is only possible with composite (AV cables). the difference isnt staggering, but it still definitely looks better, especially if you've got a widescreen TV.

But there are so few games that utilize it, its not really worth it. Of the games I have, only mgs2 and 3, god of war 1 and 2, and a few random rpgs use it.(i think suikoden uses uses it...)

chrono trigger and chrono chross is really something... play it guys... i just remember it today xD. ..  playe that game since my high school life...

i absolutely loved chrono trigger, but i still have never played chrono cross... wasn't able to come across it at all! when i finally do get a ps3, i hope they put it in the ps store!

man but the depressing thing is that the remake square is making of chrono trigger for the DS, isnt a complete 3d remake like FF3 and FF4. Its mostly the same, but with some added side quests and endings... Sad
« Last Edit: July 03, 2009, 12:06:09 AM by entity » Logged

If you want to do something, do it now. If you wait until tomorrow to start doing it, maybe you don't actually want to do it!

My blog:  Artificial
Reality

New!! Animestash Chat Sessions on Saturday, 4:00 PM GMT : Come Join Us!

Gambi
What are you looking at ? O.o
神様 (Kami)

AHHHHHHH! IT'S THE HUMAN ATOMIC BOMB!!

« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2009, 12:10:54 AM »

well its just my opinion ... but i really hated the 3D look of FF3 and 4 ... i would have preferred a beter 2D look (better then the original i mean ... like at least FF6 .. or even better like chrono trigger) over this 3D look

"Hey ... would you say I became a hero?"

I'm usually misunderstood! - That's how I sit at home in front of my screen!                
applesauce

Email
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2009, 03:05:49 AM »

i agree with you there
niwa_kun
Certified Negima! Fan
浪人 (Ronin)
後輩 (Kohai)

Me Loves ANIME.. got problem with that??

« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2009, 03:56:47 AM »

you can do HD play for PS2 games if you play it with PS3.. cause it has a option with scaling or something...  tried on my PS3 and yep its HD... but though i dont see too much difference between two consoles..

im running @ 2018 x 1080 resolution 75hz ... (thats what it show on top left corner on my screen in bravia) i set my HDMI settings resolution to autodetect,,, it sure Sony can easily communicate with other Sony products.. lol

man but the depressing thing is that the remake square is making of chrono trigger for the DS, isnt a complete 3d remake like FF3 and FF4. Its mostly the same, but with some added side quests and endings... Sad
what,!!!! chrono on DS!!!!!! oMG!!!  gotta buy it.... but my wallet is almost empty... bohooo... gotta wait for my next salary hehehehe

and speaking of FF3 & 4 ... i just play those games on my DS... via GBA card back compatibility... xD i can say that the game is really awesome... though the graphics is not much hehehe...

////

and there is a floating news today that for those PS3 users who dont have PS2 BC on their system... in next FW update ... PS2 games will be playable on PS3 via Software Emulation...  hmmm...

Mabuhay!!! PILIPINAS grin
entity
侍 (Samurai)
神様 (Kami)

Wanna dance?

« Reply #22 on: July 03, 2009, 06:46:39 AM »

Well, i liked it anyway. never played the original FF3 and FF4 so i really cant compare. but I can understand how crappy 3d chrono trigger might look like. But still they could at least do a visual makeover to make the sprites more detailed, closer to disgaea quality and redo the environments of the game,  upgrade the music score(maybe some real ochestrated versions of the original tunes). But the game looks exactly the same as it did when it released... not enough respect for one of the greatest RPG classics

I mean, I still like the look of the original game. But this game belongs on the Wii VC store, not as a full retail game.

it just looks like a evil plan by square to milk the game as its almost like 0 work to port the original and add some sidequests. The worst part is that it'll work cuz fools like me will still buy it Sad

If you want to do something, do it now. If you wait until tomorrow to start doing it, maybe you don't actually want to do it!

Reality

niwa_kun
Certified Negima! Fan
浪人 (Ronin)
後輩 (Kohai)

« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2009, 10:50:02 AM »

i just watched on youtube that what CT DS ver looks like... but .. the graphics is still the same.. except little changes on battle system... ^_^ though i really miss that game and still buying it.. (maybe there are some new added weapons and side quest also... hehehe i still remember all things there on CT.. i still remember how to beat Lavos with no sweat... grin)

hmmm... on my Wii its nothing too much games on it... like Wii Sport Disc (bonus disc shit) ... and also the bootleg haruhi Wii game... hehehe damn asahina.. i cant beat her on the jackenpon game... but i love dance game hehehe.. and the baseball game.. lol.. and Zelda game on Wii is kinda funny... cheesy

evilguy
大魔王
将軍 (Shogun)
神様 (Kami)

The owls are not what they seem.

« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2009, 11:16:50 AM »

ok i understand now. usually i would research stuff like this but since i always had my 360 connected to HDTV i never bothered.
Wait, you has 360? You could play Serious Sam HD when it comes out on Xbox Live....It's an enhanced remake made using the Seious Engine 2, instead of the Serious Engine that the original was made using...Damn your lucky....

applesauce

Email
« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2009, 04:18:30 PM »

lol i used the word used to because it died on me my ps3 just arrived this morning
evilguy
大魔王
将軍 (Shogun)
神様 (Kami)

The owls are not what they seem.

« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2009, 05:03:35 PM »

You wanna hear something funny to do with the 360...the PS3, Wii, PSP, DS, and even the PS2 are all outselling it in Japan, yeah, even the PS2...apparently the PS2 just refuses to die, and Sony may re-introduce PS2 backwards compatibility into the PS3 just to help move it along...

entity
侍 (Samurai)
神様 (Kami)

Wanna dance?

« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2009, 05:14:44 PM »

lucky dude, then forget about your pc a while till starcraft 2 comes out, and play fallout 3. although, if i were you id wait for the GOTY edition of fallout 3, cuz it'll come with all the DLC included.

Reality

applesauce

Email
« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2009, 05:49:51 PM »

lol yea i forgetting about my pc for awhile to play all these games i just bought. it was kinda wierd when my ps3 arrived an extra controller arrived i thought it was a mistake turns out my cousin bought it and basically forced me to play any game that can be played with more than 1 player with multiplayer
niwa_kun
Certified Negima! Fan
浪人 (Ronin)
後輩 (Kohai)

« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2009, 11:00:44 PM »

^hehe nice you got PS3 now huh.... go create your PSN and post it here... so we can add you.. ^_^

anyway... i played ninja gaiden on my PS3.. and its kinda wow... doing combo is like .. err.. nevermind... no big with getting 150+combo hitting the enemy,, cheesy and yeah my persona games are arrived.. grin just played it last day.. and im kinda tired today... xD playing PS2/PS3 games...

and about PS3 BC... i heard on some forums that why they returning PS2 BC on PS3 ... maybe because there are some PS2 games that will introduce and sell over PSN.... maybe sooner or later.. you dont need discs to play games .. with the power of internet today... nothings impossible...

and PS3 BC for me is necessary.. to lessen the amount of Hardware that I am using for,,, you know.. if you come in my room.. its like there are 5 consoles on my TV desk(excluding the Digital players and component system)... so its hassle.. i need all-in-one power console like PS3 do..

if my PS3 dont have BC.. its like i have PS1,PS2,PS3 consoles on my desk...

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  
Anime Stash Community Forum  |  The Lounge  |  Technology & The Internet  |  Gaming  |  Topic: any good pc games?
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length