User Info
No avatar Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
October 24, 2019, 06:08:32 AM

Anime Stash Community Forum  |  The Lounge  |  Technology & The Internet  |  Gaming  |  Topic: any good pc games?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5

Author Topic: any good pc games?  (Read 13729 times)
applesauce

Email
any good pc games?
« on: July 01, 2009, 07:11:55 PM »

anyone know any good games for pc in these genres. i am using a laptop but I'll just run a "Can you run it" test to see if i can play it or not the trick is not to be fooled by the overall score.
anyway i am looking for something in these genres:

hack n slash - already played dynasty warriors 6,warriors orochi,samurai warriors 2

adventure, adventure-action, rpg - already played fable-tlc(not tender loving care or another variation),everquest 4,diablo 2, x-blades,assassins creed ,final fantasy 7

shooter/fps/tactical shooter -played halo,bf2/2142, graw 2,

im sure i played more than that but cant remeber of the top of my head http://www.xfire.com/profile/loonatics40/ should have w.e else i missed.  :mrgreen:

P.s - nothing thats mostly online since i suck at killing other people or working in a team and don't worry about it i am not a software pirate I'll most likely order em from gamespot/ebgames or ebay
Antisocialnerd
先輩 (Senpai)

Lets go Ruri Ruri mode

Re: any good pc games?
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2009, 01:04:29 AM »

Mass effect and fallout 3 if you haven't played them yet both on pc as far as i know.

applesauce

Email
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2009, 01:49:37 AM »

unfortunately this comp doesn't have the cpu power to run those even slightly well  undecided
BraM
後輩 (Kohai)

Dirumah , Tidur , Sendiri...

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2009, 04:51:04 AM »

where i can download ff7? u have link ? Tongue
applesauce

Email
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2009, 04:57:45 AM »

i really don't support downloading retail/ex-retail/ games (well basically any game you had to pay for unless its abandonware) but you can buy it from ebay or something then i believe its ok to download an iso of it which can be found easily oddly enough
« Last Edit: July 02, 2009, 05:09:02 AM by applesauce » Logged
niwa_kun
Certified Negima! Fan
浪人 (Ronin)
後輩 (Kohai)

Me Loves ANIME.. got problem with that??

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2009, 06:10:26 AM »

^i suggest you to save your money buying new games.. and buy a new computer... it'll benefit you from many things.. or rather buy a console instead..cause they have no system requirements at all.. cheesy

as of now... PC is now sucking at games now... cause mostly today... the games is likely made in Consoles like, PS3.XboX, etc.. even the games from yahoo etc.. is on PS3 today... I believe .. 1 day FPS games in PS3 will support mouse and Keyboard... lol

note: there are too many good set of game libraries in xbox... but beware on RROD... PS3 is a decent one... killzone2 owns for real, and rpg like eternal sonata, disgea are uber good...

ohh suggestions for games: play Half-Life and Half-Life 2 ep1-2 ... gawd ep3 is not yet up...

@bram

download it in da-forums.info ... there are lots of stuff there... or buy the game.. its really cheap... only $7 from stores (PC ver) or buy it on PSN for $9.99 and you can play it both on PS3 and PSP... im a fan of Final Fantasy 7 and I still have the PS1 Original Disc,, (gawd i treasured it a lot.. lol... its not even the International Ver.) and buy it too on PSN for $9.99 (now this is the International Version ... ^_^)

Mabuhay!!! PILIPINAS grin
applesauce

Email
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2009, 06:51:26 AM »

yea i was planning on building a desktop soon but i have been to distracted (anime and games) to really look for good parts. as far as the console gaming i ordered a ps3 with dynasty warriors 6/gundam 2 , cross edge , mgs4 , prototype and red faction guerrilla, killzone 2 its gonna be another week or so before it arrives. i had an xbox elite but it rrod on me which pretty much turned me off from 360. kinda sad to see pc game releases dwindling i loved playing with the ol' keyboard n mouse
niwa_kun
Certified Negima! Fan
浪人 (Ronin)
後輩 (Kohai)

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2009, 09:48:59 AM »

^i had xbox to and modded the cooling system to watercool... gawd... i hate buying new consoles xD.. and my PS3 is still operational since 2007 ... ^_^ neetely maintained every year for clean up and fan check..

kinda sad to see pc game releases dwindling i loved playing with the ol' keyboard n mouse
lol... you know ,, nothings impossible in PS3... just a single FW update can change your gaming style.. hhehe... though not yet today..

and yeah... i still have my old PS2 console... xD.. i play quite few anime games like... Eternal Sonata in PS2, Disgea in PS2, Summon Nights (lol this is the best,, anime based story shit.. and the characters are so damn cute)... ^_^ too bad this console only supports A/V cable... so no no High Definition

and for me today... my main purpose on my PC is ... watch anime.. and err.r.. Media Center... thats all... though im not playing too much games on my PC ... i rather play in my console...

i really missed the old days.. which we play Counter Strike, Battle Realms, Red alert, Ragnarok Online, Gunbound with my friends/classmates on college days... hehehehe... we only focused on game instead of studying ... though we manage to pass the subjects..

btw: id you played RPG games like Final Fantasy X or X2 ... those rpg are cool... Yuna FTW!!!

evilguy
大魔王
将軍 (Shogun)
神様 (Kami)

The owls are not what they seem.

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2009, 11:18:34 AM »

Adventure, action advent, rpg: Legend of Dragoon(PS1 game, excellent), Ys (Japan exclusive, but fan translations for the first 4 games are available wink not sure about the rest)...

Shooter, fps, tactical: Serious Sam, Prey, Portal, Penumbra...

I could think of alot more, but i just woke up, so im still really tired....

niwa_kun
Certified Negima! Fan
浪人 (Ronin)
後輩 (Kohai)

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2009, 12:29:01 PM »

^ never played Legend of Dragoon... xD.. maybe im taking a peek on that game and buy the original game... xD...

the PS1 games that i played are:

FF VI - IX
Pandoras Box
Summon Nights
Twisted Metal
Resident Evil...  and many more...

though too bad my PSX console fails now... cant even read disc normally.. but there is a Sony Logo on the screen... but i can play it on my PS3 (lol.. 4:1 screen gameplay FTW!!!)

entity
侍 (Samurai)
神様 (Kami)

Wanna dance?

« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2009, 12:52:59 PM »

lol... you know ,, nothings impossible in PS3... just a single FW update can change your gaming style.. hhehe... though not yet today..

there are already mouse combinations for the ps3 Smiley

although that costs a bundle Sad but im not sure if you connect a normal mouse to a ps3...

and yeah... i still have my old PS2 console... xD.. i play quite few anime games like... Eternal Sonata in PS2, Disgea in PS2, Summon Nights (lol this is the best,, anime based story shit.. and the characters are so damn cute)... ^_^ too bad this console only supports A/V cable... so no no High Definition

some good other anime-like games are persona 3 and 4.  and the ps2 supports component cables too dude, but most games dont use it Sad

and yuna does FTW!

anyway to applesauce, if your comp can run fable all right, then u should check out jade empire. its a bioware RPG with a big chinese theme. I liked it anyway.

If you want to do something, do it now. If you wait until tomorrow to start doing it, maybe you don't actually want to do it!

My blog:  Artificial
Reality

New!! Animestash Chat Sessions on Saturday, 4:00 PM GMT : Come Join Us!

applesauce

Email
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2009, 04:14:58 PM »

^ lol thats awesome it looks all futuristic and stuff
when it comes to psx games i played FF7, xenogears , mgs , tonka and rayman
cross edge and blue blaze are two new anime games on the ps3 i think
niwa_kun
Certified Negima! Fan
浪人 (Ronin)
後輩 (Kohai)

« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2009, 10:42:23 PM »

correct me if im wrong... the component cable you speaking is actually the A/V cable isnt it??? i have component cable with 1 Video (yellow) two audio (red and white)

and yeah.. we agree in the same thing.... "YUNA FTW!!! " lol

thanks for suggestion... i already pre-oredered two PS2 games Persona 3-4 from playasia... it should come this afternoon... ^_^ PS2 games are really cheap now adays.. its like (two PS2 games is equal to 1 PS3 game... xD)

chrono trigger and chrono chross is really something... play it guys... i just remember it today xD. ..  playe that game since my high school life...

applesauce

Email
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2009, 10:57:05 PM »

no there are cables to support hdmi on ps2 i think thats what he means
probably like this one gamestop sells.
lol i remeber i played trigger on snes and cross on psx(pick up ring first or pick up the girl first,always got a full guilty charge in trigger) and i just ordered jade empire should arrive tomorrow or day after
« Last Edit: July 02, 2009, 11:00:01 PM by applesauce » Logged
Gambi
What are you looking at ? O.o
神様 (Kami)

AHHHHHHH! IT'S THE HUMAN ATOMIC BOMB!!

« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2009, 11:01:50 PM »

uesing an hdmi cable != HD ... the PS2 only supports 640X480 (i guess) no matter what u do or use ...

"Hey ... would you say I became a hero?"

I'm usually misunderstood! - That's how I sit at home in front of my screen!                

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5  
Anime Stash Community Forum  |  The Lounge  |  Technology & The Internet  |  Gaming  |  Topic: any good pc games?
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length