User Info
No avatar Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
April 25, 2018, 04:56:38 PM

Anime Stash Community Forum  |  The Lounge  |  Chatbox  |  Topic: Tell The Best Thing You Did Today
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 139

Author Topic: Tell The Best Thing You Did Today  (Read 138079 times)
Skyfish-Zho
将軍 (Shogun)
神様 (Kami)

Tell The Best Thing You Did Today
« on: April 27, 2009, 02:14:07 PM »

it was one of the best advice i get from my mother, that is, to have at least one good deed in a day...that way you'll becoming part of the team in this world trying to make good living in wherever part of earth you are.

to begin, today i managed to help my newly hired co-officemate to get acquainted of basic regulations on banking, basic operating procedures and clarified his queries and hesitations..well, i volunteered to do these things.

EDIT- I edited it so its title is correct. Tongue

Yours
Moon~1
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 04:39:15 AM by j0x » Logged
Gambi
What are you looking at ? O.o
神様 (Kami)

AHHHHHHH! IT'S THE HUMAN ATOMIC BOMB!!

Re: what's best thing you do today?
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2009, 05:09:20 PM »

its still ur job and with that not really a "good thing" ... i did nothing and prolly wont

"Hey ... would you say I became a hero?"

I'm usually misunderstood! - That's how I sit at home in front of my screen!                
Skyfish-Zho
将軍 (Shogun)
神様 (Kami)

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2009, 10:38:13 PM »

its still ur job and with that not really a "good thing" ... i did nothing and prolly wont

actually it's not my job but then nobody cares about our new staff yesterday so i put aside first my work and then give the staff some clarification...
Gambi
神様 (Kami)

« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2009, 11:47:22 PM »

well i do think it is anyones job to give others a hand at work ... just like i concider refilling the coffee machine or getting new paper towels part of my job ... even though it of course doesnt say so in my educational-plan ...
but of course ... if u want to see it that way ... i guess im a saint then ...

Antisocialnerd
先輩 (Senpai)

Lets go Ruri Ruri mode

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2009, 01:55:03 AM »

Doing something good everyday is very difficult i mean today i got up went to work did work came home and i'm currently checking over stash forums right now later i will like watch some t.v or play some games and that would be a pretty typical day for me monday to friday though if i'm allowed to count paying for hosting of and sharing anime with people then i do 1000's of good thing everyday lol but that can also be looked on as bad depending on perspective so i may be doing 1000's of bad things a day lol.

but i would agree with gambi that your "good" deed doesn't really count thats just not being an ahole and i do that ALMOST everyday but of course i can also be a dick but overall i definitly consider myself karmically good.

Skyfish-Zho
将軍 (Shogun)
神様 (Kami)

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2009, 04:59:02 AM »

the idea of what is "good deed' is indeed subjective to be topical issue, but then the important thing is by your own standard you believe that you are or been doing something good..it does not necessarily be the biggest "good" deed you have to do, same thing with what is best for one person is not necessarily the best thing for the other person's own standards. but the point is have you done something in a day that help others? or you are just lurking into your chair the whole day staring at the computer screen, playing RGP games or just making debatable point in the forums..or you are sitting while serving in the call center for the refugees of a flood in some locality, or watching the screen to monitor the decreasing beat of one's patient in a hospital, or you are trying to reach out and making your chat-friend "here's what i've thought of what i've done so far my neighborhood?"
Ikalx
Oyaji
僧兵 (Sohei)
神様 (Kami)

Spirit Bandanna

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2009, 11:55:36 AM »

Nothing, and not in a loooong time~
« Last Edit: April 28, 2009, 11:57:08 AM by Ikalx » Logged
Skyfish-Zho
将軍 (Shogun)
神様 (Kami)

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2009, 03:23:33 PM »

today is nothing to be proud of, i think i've done nothing so special to make me a little proud of...
Gambi
神様 (Kami)

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2009, 06:32:38 PM »

so today u didnt even help ur colleagues ?

Skyfish-Zho
将軍 (Shogun)
神様 (Kami)

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2009, 10:51:56 AM »

yes, even today, i basically do my own functions..so another boring day and nothing to be proud of myself that i was of great help to others.
KillerKrauser
Dragon Reborn
浪人 (Ronin)
先生 (Sensei)

I AM THE PRINCIPLE OF OTOKOJUKU, EDAJIMA HEIHACHI

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2009, 08:55:36 AM »

Well I helped an old guy (he had to be at least 60) carry lumber to his truck and trailer at the hardware store when i was there just picking up some washers to fix my Xbox. 160 2x6's. I asked him why he didn't ask the yard staff for help and he said he doesn't like to appear weak and old to some of the people he knew there, but he didn't object at all when I offered to help him lol. So I guess thats kinda good a deed. I could have just got in my car and left the guy to take forever to load. I'm definitely not doing good things every day but I do what I can.

And ASN like you said, you do good deeds everyday by uploading anime here for free. That enough to make you a good person in my book lol. Thanks for your hard work.

The Wheel of Time turns, and Ages come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth comes again.

You'll have to decide for your self, walk on your own, move forward. You've got a good strong pair of legs there, you should get up and use 'em.
Skyfish-Zho
将軍 (Shogun)
神様 (Kami)

« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2009, 09:06:58 AM »

Well I helped an old guy (he had to be at least 60) carry lumber to his truck and trailer at the hardware store when i was there just picking up some washers to fix my Xbox. 160 2x6's. I asked him why he didn't ask the yard staff for help and he said he doesn't like to appear weak and old to some of the people he knew there, but he didn't object at all when I offered to help him lol. So I guess thats kinda good a deed. I could have just got in my car and left the guy to take forever to load. I'm definitely not doing good things every day but I do what I can.

you're good man dood.

And ASN like you said, you do good deeds everyday by uploading anime here for free. That enough to make you a good person in my book lol. Thanks for your hard work.

i totally agree to that.  the uploaders, admins and staff of ANimestash are just like angels giving lots of help to people around the world who are in love with anime and stuff. and the time and effort they gave for this site is countless and worth of praise and lots of thanks.
MoonlightLacement
Cute n' Ebil
浪人 (Ronin)
先輩 (Senpai)

Simply Amiable~

« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2009, 08:05:05 PM »

I SMELL PIRACY!!!!

actually he can be caught by the law for doing this...

good deeds hmm....not that i can think of good deeds which i consider good...they seem normal to me

Teachers Are Monsters Who teach Us Things We Don't Wanna Learn.
Val-Gaav
将軍 (Shogun)
神様 (Kami)

« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2009, 08:12:05 PM »

I believe though that sharing things is only natural .... You don't go to prison for borrowing a book to your friend ...  The fact is that net let us borrow things to so much more people Smiley

Gambi
神様 (Kami)

« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2009, 09:41:18 PM »

good deeds hmm....not that i can think of good deeds which i consider good...they seem normal to me

ask ur friend what good deeds are ... i bet she did a lot of 'em recently

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 139  
Anime Stash Community Forum  |  The Lounge  |  Chatbox  |  Topic: Tell The Best Thing You Did Today
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length