User Info
No avatar Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
October 18, 2019, 07:19:37 PM

Anime Stash Community Forum  |  The Lounge  |  Technology & The Internet  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Savage 2
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Savage 2  (Read 2486 times)
Enderwiggin
Officially Addicted to Magic
浪人 (Ronin)
神様 (Kami)

Savage 2
« on: April 24, 2009, 02:23:01 AM »

Ah, so I continued on my search for the perfect game, and stumbled upon this little unheared of game, Savage 2. It combines the elements of an Role Playing Games, Real Time Strategies, and First Person Shooters in an online environment. Its a pretty cool game, although it IS most definately difficult.

https://savage2.com/

The website can give a much more thorough explanation than I can - although its through a flash video XD

You can take on several roles within the game, one of them being Commander. As a commander, you command, build structures, and play the game like you would any RTS, except that your units are players - Although I think there are some NPC's as well.

The game has two factions, humans, and beasts. The beast faction is, in the end, more similar to demons than beasts, and playing as them is both very similar, and very different to playing as humans.

Anyways, Anyone else heared of this? Any other opinions? Smiley I hope this game can hold my interest, so I dont soon return to my search for the perfect game.

Bored? Got Flash Player? Click my sig!
Loli-Overlord
Hentai section leader
浪人 (Ronin)
先輩 (Senpai)

The Genderbending of Suzumiya Haruhiko

Re: Savage 2
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2009, 02:33:34 AM »

It's only perfect if it only really focused on one element. Putting RPG,RTS, and FPS into one game doesn't make it good. Ever heard the saying "Too much cooks spoil the broth"? I believe I can apply that to this game. Although it plays pretty decent, sooner or later, that kind of game will be focused on one genre completely ( I seen MMO's break down like that ). I will give it a try as I only looked at the preview cause it is actually something new but I don't think I can find it... perfect just yet...

Support Kyonko!. Visit here
Creitrod
The Third
浪人 (Ronin)
神様 (Kami)

Ghost of the Past

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2009, 02:34:41 AM »

Seem interesting. It is similar to a mod from half life 2.

Disappearance of Creitrod
Enderwiggin
浪人 (Ronin)
神様 (Kami)

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2009, 04:14:32 AM »

Seem interesting. It is similar to a mod from half life 2.
Empires 2? Tongue That mod is fun too...

I never said this game was perfect syao, its just that I hope it stalls my search for the perfect game, because There IS no perfect game, and yet I continue to search for it. Tongue

Ikalx
Oyaji
僧兵 (Sohei)
神様 (Kami)

Spirit Bandanna

« Reply #4 on: April 24, 2009, 12:27:09 PM »

Empires 2? Tongue That mod is fun too...

You guys play Empires? It's the game i've pretty much played for the last 2 years or so...not solely ofc, but I did spend pretty much everyday on it for half a year, back when we were testing 2.0.

I've heard of Savage 2 before, but never played it tongue

Enderwiggin
浪人 (Ronin)
神様 (Kami)

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2009, 08:04:36 PM »

Savage 2 is like a stand-alone version of Empires 2... sort of...

The game is better as a whole, but more based on meele combat rather than guns. Realistically, a sword is far more deadly than a gun, its just alot harder to use.

The engineers in Empires 2 have an advantage of permanent turrets, walls, and a couple other cool things, however, the builders in Savage 2 can only build temporary - and incredibly weak - turrets, which only last 30 seconds if they arnt killed first. They can also build team structures similar to the commander in Empires 2, but only if the teams commander is absent - which happens pretty frequently, however, the team can technically win without a commander in Savage 2.

Both games are quite fun, I do prefer Savage 2 of the two, but right now, I am playing both games Tongue

Ikalx
Oyaji
僧兵 (Sohei)
神様 (Kami)

Spirit Bandanna

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2009, 12:02:53 AM »

Yeah, now's not quite the time to come back to Empires. The latest version (2.23) is currently unbalanced (LT MKII's > AFV MKII's), and the new version needs a few more fixes, but should be released soon.

They've added some resists and things, but the version after the next is probably the one you want...they're waiting on the model for the AFV, and some other things. Soon though, the mod should be a lot better.

Although if anyone out there is a good animator and modeller...we could use the help. For some time we've needed models, and that seems to be progressing now, but we still lack a bit of the animation front I think. We actually have quite a few coders now, but do still need help.

http://www.empiresmod.com/

I don't like to talk about this mod much, because frankly, the community are a bit harsh and linking it with animestash seems like adding sand to drinking water...why would you want to?

Enderwiggin
浪人 (Ronin)
神様 (Kami)

« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2009, 02:54:40 PM »

Sand sinks to the bottom of the water, taking some impurities with it. In some cases it would clean the water for you. That is why you would want to add sand to drinking water, although, if its already drinking water, it would probably already be pretty clean, so there is no guarantee the sand would make it cleaner Tongue

While the community is sometimes pretty harsh, bringing games up never really hurts does it? Wish you brought up empires 2 those years ago, that way it wouldnt have taken me so much effort to find it. I did wonder why the teams were so imbalanced, so it was the AFV's after all Smiley Funny, almost enough of a conversation of that game in this topic, to start a topic of its own Tongue

I wonder if anyone else has tried Savage 2 yet? Tongue I cant help but be curious of what others think of it. Smiley

Ikalx
Oyaji
僧兵 (Sohei)
神様 (Kami)

Spirit Bandanna

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2009, 03:23:56 AM »

Funny, almost enough of a conversation of that game in this topic, to start a topic of its own Tongue

I love Empires (i'm a tester even) but...well...I fear to spoil animestash tongue

Creitrod
The Third
浪人 (Ronin)
神様 (Kami)

Ghost of the Past

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2009, 04:08:56 AM »

Wish I could play it but my computer wouldn't be able to run it.

Disappearance of Creitrod

Pages: [1]  
Anime Stash Community Forum  |  The Lounge  |  Technology & The Internet  |  Gaming  |  Topic: Savage 2
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length